ImageImageImageImageImage

The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: The DRose Is Awful Offseason Thread 

Post#21 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Fury wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.

Hey, I admit when I'm wrong also. I like being right, though, and this was more of a shot at everyone who said I was wrong. :lol: Nice serving of crow. I wonder when they'll come around on other issues, as well... :wink:
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#22 » by Fury » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Fury wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Myself and E-Balla approve of this thread. Where was this last year when everyone was **** on the few of us who already knew Rose was **** and the trade wouldn't be worth it? I love how people actually see this, though...a year late, maybe, but better late than never.

Gonna say it again - I told all of you he sucked and everything I predicted this past offseason has come to fruition.

Hey, I admit when I'm wrong also. I like being right, though, and this was more of a shot at everyone who said I was wrong. :lol: Nice serving of crow. I wonder when they'll come around on other issues, as well... :wink:

Hey man, if you thought rose would lead us to a top 6 position, why is it a bad thing? Isn't that better than sneaking into the playoffs?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#23 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Fury wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Fury wrote:

Hey man, if you thought rose would lead us to a top 6 position, why is it a bad thing? Isn't that better than sneaking into the playoffs?

It's more about the repercussions of trading Rose (Noah, RoLo, and even Grant was showing good things at the end of this season) than it is about him leading us to a potential top pick. I love us potentially having a great pick, but I can still think the trade was **** and Rose is ****.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#24 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:#1 is to use the cap space wisely. 1 year deals don't bother me as it just pushes the cap-space back 1 year, but I want to punch Phil Jackson in the brain for spending all the money he spent last year on old washed up players. Look at the free agents, pick the best one that you have a real shot at, sign them, but only if they're youngish and healthy. Bring back Rose if there's money left over, but never, ever as a priority.

Rose inspired my avatar (not sure how obvious that is). I liked the trade at the time, bringing him in on a one year experiment. I hate, hate, hated to Noah signing. Ugggh.

Yep. Roll that **** over PJax. Don't make it even worse for whomever takes over your job
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#25 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:10 pm

So much for the theory that PJax is trying to bring guys in who move the ball and play defense.

He will hinder the growth of KP and WHG. He epitomizes the exact opposite of the PG we should be pairing with these guys.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Knickerbock
Sixth Man
And1: 897

Post#26 » by Knickerbock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:17 pm

I don't have a problem signing Derrick Rose..

BUT... only if he agrees to be a role player... (Which he won't)

Role player= Around 10 million per year and coming off the bench..

Don't agree to those terms^^ then Rose can GTFO..

I would rather use the 10 million and give it to a younger roll player with potential to grow.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,434

Post#27 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Give him another one-year contract with a team option at a higher rate of pay. I love having talented players in a contract year. i'm gonna cut Derrick some slack given the whole sexual assault civil case, which played on his mind a little bit, and the fact that it was his first year back.

Yeah, I'm looking at the glass half full but we'll need a go-to scorer who can break down defenses at the end of games so that teams won't key on KP.

BTW, the problem WAS and will always be Melo unless he agrees to become a 6th man.

Oh, and "no," it's not Phil's fault. Not that he hasn't made mistakes but I understand the reason why they were made. Carry on.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#28 » by malik959 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:The visiting mods were right that we would have been better with Calderon. Why they in turn projected more wins, I don't know :lol:

SportsGuy8 wrote:For the long-term benefit of this team it's of utmost importance for Rose to stay for another year and be this team's unintentional tank commander.

Doncic, choo-choo.

8-)

That said, another season with him as the lead guard will probably cause KP to commit harikiri. The lineups with him and Baker towards the end of the season were curiously effective. Baker can get the ball where it needs to go and guard the best of 1-3. Just use Rose as a ballistic to the basket. Then you either groom the rookie guard behind them until they're ready or... gulp... draft a forward.

Jeffrey wrote:having Rose on a 1 year deal at 5 million is not that bad.

You and I both know that if he returns that won't be the deal.

Yeah how did tanking work out for us this year or even in 2015? No #1 or 2 for us!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#29 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Forget how bad his play was

This guy literally went AWOL :lol:

And got injured again

But it's ok to bring him back.

Other folks? No way they're holding this franchise hostage!

:lol:

Another

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,132

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:#1 is to use the cap space wisely. 1 year deals don't bother me as it just pushes the cap-space back 1 year, but I want to punch Phil Jackson in the brain for spending all the money he spent last year on old washed up players. Look at the free agents, pick the best one that you have a real shot at, sign them, but only if they're youngish and healthy. Bring back Rose if there's money left over, but never, ever as a priority.

Rose inspired my avatar (not sure how obvious that is). I liked the trade at the time, bringing him in on a one year experiment. I hate, hate, hated to Noah signing. Ugggh.

+1,000 but especially the bolded part
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#31 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:16 pm

I was fine with the trade for Rose, take a chance on a former MVP with one year left on his contract. What terrified me was the whole we might bring him back thing. Then the season happened, then he went AWOL, then he has no interest in running the Bermuda Triangle. If we actually brought him back on a multi-year deal, I'd have to seriously wonder how many games I'll even watch next year.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,224

Post#32 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:I was fine with the trade for Rose, take a chance on a former MVP with one year left on his contract. What terrified me was the whole we might bring him back thing. Then the season happened, then he went AWOL, then he has no interest in running the Bermuda Triangle. If we actually brought him back on a multi-year deal, I'd have to seriously wonder how many games I'll even watch next year.

LOL. Is that a thing, calling it the Bermuda Triangle? I'd not heard that before. That's funny.
Go NY Go NY Go
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#33 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
LOL. Is that a thing, calling it the Bermuda Triangle? I'd not heard that before. That's funny.

I'm sure I can't be the first person to call it that, but it's not a thing... however from henceforth I will call it the Bermuda Triangle.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#34 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Phil will bring him back 2 years, $35M-$40M.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#35 » by seren » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Giving a long term contract to frigging DRose would be the most horrific decision Phil Jackson can make as an executive. 3X worse than the Noah deal. Only positive is guaranteeing a tank but that is not even worth it if it means disrupting Porzingis' growth. I wouldn't even keep him at minimum for a one year deal.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#36 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

I wouldn't want him on the team for free.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#37 » by Sark » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Remember when people used to say we just need someone that can penetrate, and that would solve our problems?
Floozenheimen
Pro Prospect
And1: 677

Post#38 » by Floozenheimen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm

He's so bad, I don't know if I'd want him on this team in any capacity. Best case scenario, he's a 6th man that provides a spark.
Worst case, he's 6th man that's a net negative who also serves as a terrible mentor to our younger players. I want good role models that emphasize defense, team play and an ability to play with some sense of intelligence. DRose is pretty much the polar opposite of what I'd like from a veteran guard at this point in time.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,123

Post#39 » by Fat Kat » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Phil just needs to tell Rose to seek employment elsewhere.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Floozenheimen
Pro Prospect
And1: 677

Post#40 » by Floozenheimen » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:18 pm

It's funny, I thought he was going to be much better than what he was and get us to the playoffs. I am in the camp that we should be blowing it up and tanking, so trading for him was disappointing at first. So, much to my surprise, Rose accomplished that task. He was so awful that we tanked.

He was a damn blessing for this team. He's singlehandedly landed us a top 7 pick in a loaded draft, and he's run Melo out of town. Rose is the real MVP in my book, no sarcasm. He's doing everything I honestly didn't think was possible. A true NYK rebuild!

Return to New York Knicks