ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2221 » by N Y K » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 pm

6 in a row feels great amidst all of this knicks drama!!
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2222 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:00 pm

The Yankees and Rangers are the bright spots in NYC at this time.

Seated in section 311, it was nice to see CC regaining his old form. He was absolutely brilliant. Tyler Clippard made it interesting before closing the door. Hmm...Right number (42) but not quite the right guy out there in the 9th.

Yanks did have a lot of luck offensively. Two costly errors went their way. Nice to see Greg Bird get on base. He really needs a break out game to give his confidence a boost.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2223 » by Mecca » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:06 am

N Y K wrote:6 in a row feels great amidst all of this knicks drama!!

I'm at a point where I'm taking a break from caring about the Knicks until the lottery rolls around. Love my fantasy baseball team and the Yankees. That's it right now.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2224 » by levendis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:50 am

Really hope Bird is okay. That ankle seems to still be bothering him. He could barely jog to first tonight. Not sure why he's not on the DL
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2225 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Aaron Judge with a modest 3 hrs 7 RBIs and .242 average. Not bad at all. He's learning to take what's there. He's not overextending or swinging at bad pitches.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2226 » by Mecca » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Aaron Judge with a modest 3 hrs 7 RBIs and .242 average. Not bad at all. He's learning to take what's there. He's not overextending or swinging at bad pitches.

I see him as a .240 hitter this year. If he can smack 35 Homeruns, 80 RBI's with an OPS at around .780, I'd be pleased
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2227 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:35 pm

I think Judge will finish with 25 home runs 65 RBIs.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2228 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:19 am

So funny but I find myself coming more and more to this site for this Yankees thread not the Knicks.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#2229 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 am

“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2230 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:So funny but I find myself coming more and more to this site for this Yankees thread not the Knicks.

Only reason I type in realgm anymore. We kinda created a mini-cult on this board.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2231 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 pm

So happy for Greg Bird finally getting untracked. Baseball is mostly a confidence game. I hope this is a sign that the offense will hit like we've come to expect.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2232 » by N Y K » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:So happy for Greg Bird finally getting untracked. Baseball is mostly a confidence game. I hope this is a sign that the offense will hit like we've come to expect.

Haha I was worried about him for a moment there. Hopefully his confidence is back and he can go back to what he showed in the pre season.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2233 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Yanks 2 young men, Montgomery and Serevino are the key to that rotation. They don't have to be world beaters but just put in quality innings and I think the Yanks will be ok.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2234 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks 2 young men, Montgomery and Serevino are the key to that rotation. They don't have to be world beaters but just put in quality innings and I think the Yanks will be ok.

I think Montgomery is mediocre. Can be a decent #5. Severino, more than anyone has the stuff to be a #1 or 2 on a staff. Just need that changeup going.
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,239

Post#2235 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Mecca wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks 2 young men, Montgomery and Serevino are the key to that rotation. They don't have to be world beaters but just put in quality innings and I think the Yanks will be ok.

I think Montgomery is mediocre. Can be a decent #5. Severino, more than anyone has the stuff to be a #1 or 2 on a staff. Just need that changeup going.

Montgomery doesn't have awesome stuff, but his ability to throw multiple pitches to both sides of the plate is a pretty big deal. Combine that with the fact that he's always had to outthink hitters for a while and then his FB took the tick to make it AAA/MLB level, means he continues to pitch like he always has.

I think he's going to be sneaky good. Gut feeling. A guy you are good with having as a #4, borderline #3
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2236 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Montgomery doesn't have awesome stuff, but his ability to throw multiple pitches to both sides of the plate is a pretty big deal. Combine that with the fact that he's always had to outthink hitters for a while and then his FB took the tick to make it AAA/MLB level, means he continues to pitch like he always has.

I think he's going to be sneaky good. Gut feeling. A guy you are good with having as a #4, borderline #3

He reminds me of Drew Pomeranz a lot, actually. Decent #4-5 to have. Eat innings.

I've had a Severino infatuation since he was in the minors. Working with Pedro all off-season on the change up will be huge for him
Brooklyn Nets
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,239

Post#2237 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Mecca wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:

He reminds me of Drew Pomeranz a lot, actually. Decent #4-5 to have. Eat innings.

I've had a Severino infatuation since he was in the minors. Working with Pedro all off-season on the change up will be huge for him

Totally agree about Severino. He has that boom/bust vibe about him, but I think he figures it out. Worst case scenario he winds up in the pen and the Yankees make it a 6 inning game like it was with Nelson/Stanton/Rivera
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2238 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:12 pm

Yeah, I like Montgomery a lot. Not in terms of a front line starter but he has 4 working pitches. In his first start, he was able to get out an inning unscathed with 2 outs, men on base, twice. He has poise and he knows how to construct an out.

Severino has 2 plus pitches but when he doesn't get the change up going, he over throws and in the 5th or 6th innings he gets chewed up. Last start, he did very well. He needs to string together a few starts just like that.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2239 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Girardi should have played Bird again tonight. One minor knock I have on Joe G. is that sometimes he's a slave to the splits. You've got a young player who finally broke out of a slump in a big way you should play him again.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#2240 » by xNewYorkMadex » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Girardi should have played Bird again tonight. One minor knock I have on Joe G. is that sometimes he's a slave to the splits. You've got a young player who finally broke out of a slump in a big way you should play him again.

Yep. I was going to mention this about Aaron Hicks the other night.

Think he hit 2 HR's in 1 night. Very next day hes on the bench. Im not even a big Hicks fan, he still needs to prove more to me. But you gotta keep the hot bats in the lineup.

But what a great winning streak for the team. Dont really have high expectations for the team this season, just nice to see them playing well. Especially the pitching staff. Seems like they all are competing with each other and no one wants to break up this string of good pitching.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015

Return to New York Knicks