ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#521 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 am

N Y K wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

You definitely need to give us that pick. Winslow is a roleplayer and Bosh is done.

Yea..

But again, Miami will have all the leverage.. lets say, he agrees to be traded, but selects three teams like it was reported before TD (both LA and Cavs), but they don't want him, at all. So he agrees to expand to Miami. So now, Riley knows its pretty much our last chance do dump Melo.. So he will not offer much..

I've been saying, I would be Okay to just give Melo up. Like I see it, there will be no market for him (if he opens up to like 10-15 teams, and wants to just play in PO`s, then its a different story and we will get value).

But yeah, eating Bosh salary, and just getting Winslow (who is still young, but isn't that good atm), thats a crappy return..

so you let melo play his last year out and go ahead and exercise his po then... that is a terrible trade.

Why?

If this team will indeed go full rebuild mode. There is literally no point in having Melo on the team. None.

Just take the best offer you can get. Its better than just letting him run out and you get nothing.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#522 » by N Y K » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:45 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
N Y K wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Yea..

But again, Miami will have all the leverage.. lets say, he agrees to be traded, but selects three teams like it was reported before TD (both LA and Cavs), but they don't want him, at all. So he agrees to expand to Miami. So now, Riley knows its pretty much our last chance do dump Melo.. So he will not offer much..

I've been saying, I would be Okay to just give Melo up. Like I see it, there will be no market for him (if he opens up to like 10-15 teams, and wants to just play in PO`s, then its a different story and we will get value).

But yeah, eating Bosh salary, and just getting Winslow (who is still young, but isn't that good atm), thats a crappy return..

so you let melo play his last year out and go ahead and exercise his po then... that is a terrible trade.

Why?

If this team will indeed go full rebuild mode. There is literally no point in having Melo on the team. None.

Just take the best offer you can get. Its better than just letting him run out and you get nothing.

so you're rebuild plan includes paying a broken down bosh 26 million for two years instead of melo for one? even with noah on the books?!
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#523 » by Seabass777 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:
I'd do Bosh,Winslow,but wouldn't do a 1st.How about McRoberts? :D

You definitely need to give us that pick. Winslow is a roleplayer and Bosh is done.

Yea..

Yeah I mean I think the 3 teams that Melo would consider would be LAC,CLE,and MIA.
If he wants to compete and be in a big market LAC,and MIA are his best bet,if he wants to play with his buddy Lebron then CLE it is,but I don't know if Cavs would trade for him.

But like you said if he just wants to play for a playoff team then his market changes completely.I'm also thinking about his wife LA LA as well I'm sure she would rather be living in either LA or MIA as opposed to CLE.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#524 » by Seabass777 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:41 am

N Y K wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Yea..

Would a disgruntled Melo want to play with a rebuilding Knicks team for another year though?
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#525 » by N Y K » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 am

Seabass777 wrote:
N Y K wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Yea..

Would a disgruntled Melo want to play with a rebuilding Knicks team for another year though?

probably not, but that doesn't matter. Either he opens up to more markets/teams or he rots in NY on a rebuild.

Chaos is right that the NTC limits the return, but I would absolutely not trade him for the above. That would be horribly silly.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#526 » by FemaleDogPlease » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 pm

If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#527 » by sportscrazy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm

The Heat can medically waive Bosh with no cap penalty and have the cap space to absorb the difference in 'Melo's so Bosh doesn't have to be included.

Obviously, the preferred deal would be:

Josh McRoberts, Justise Winslow and 14th Overall Draft Pick for Carmelo Anthony, but let's say Miami made it Winslow OR the pick, which currently holds more value?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#528 » by BowlRips » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm

sportscrazy wrote:The Heat can medically waive Bosh with no cap penalty and have the cap space to absorb the difference in 'Melo's so Bosh doesn't have to be included.

Josh McRoberts, Justise Winslow and 14th Overall Draft Pick for Carmelo Anthony, but let's say Miami made it Winslow OR the pick, which currently holds more value?

Hmm its awfully close but I'd have to say the 14th overall pick.
However, Winslow could be a great buy-low candidate and fits what Hornacek said the Knicks are looking for in "defensive first players". Would really nicely into a front court with KP and Billy
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#529 » by sportscrazy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm

BowlRips wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:The Heat can medically waive Bosh with no cap penalty and have the cap space to absorb the difference in 'Melo's so Bosh doesn't have to be included.

Hmm its awfully close but I'd have to say the 14th overall pick.
However, Winslow could be a great buy-low candidate and fits what Hornacek said the Knicks are looking for in "defensive first players". Would really nicely into a front court with KP and Billy

I honestly think Pat Riley would trade McRoberts, Winslow AND 14th for 'Melo even if the Heat fan base would not. It leaves the Heat with $17 Million in cap space and their Cap MLE to re-sign all of their own free agents (Waiters, Reed, JJ, etc.) and basically makes the 2017-18 Miami Heat Roster the same team they had in 2016-17 only replacing Winslow with Carmelo Anthony. That's something Riley would have to look at doing. Bringing the whole crew back that made that amazing second half of the season run, but adding an alpha go-to scorer to the mix.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#530 » by NYKHardKnock » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Miami would be a good spot. Great franchise, great coach, good team, location, and it would certainly be a good trading partner.

Justice Winslow, Tyler Johnson, Josh McRoberts, and 14th pick to NY

Carmelo Anthony, Kyle O'Quinn, Courtney Lee and our later second round pick.

We'll probably end up signing DRose to a 1 yr option deal.

Draft Frank Ntikitina and O.G Anunoby and Frank Mason

Sign PJ Tucker 14m/3yrs

2017-18 Linup
Knicks:
Derrick Rose - Frank Ntikitina - Frank Mason
Justice Winslow - Tyler Johnson - Ron Baker
P.J. Tucker - O.G Anunoby
Kristaps Porzingis - Lance Thomas
Willy Hernangomez- Josh McRoberts - Joakim Noah

Heat:
Goran Dragic
Courtney Lee
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
Hassan Whiteside
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#531 » by reub » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Phil and Hornacek have both talked about improving our toughness since the season ended and I can see PJ Tucker filling that role for us. If we can get him for 3/14 we should jump at that.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#532 » by SARGO127 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Melo for McBob, Tyler Johnson, #14
Lee, KOQ, LFT for Plumlee, Lamb, #11
Sign Shaun Livingston to a 2 year deal to be our stop gap PG

#7 - FRANK NTILIKINA
#11 - OG ANUNOBY
#14 - IKE ANIGBOGU
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#533 » by swisscheeseD » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 pm

You guys are going to be disappointed ONCE AGAIN if you honestly believe even the PJ Tucker's of the world will be signing for 3yr-$14mil...

Just for a point of reference, the MLE is set to be $8mil/yr...

You guys do this to yourselves every year, then bitch and moan when players aren't signed to these outlandish pre-new cba / tv deal contracts.
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#534 » by SARGO127 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Tucker will get 10 mil + easily.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant

Post#535 » by Seabass777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Miami would be a good spot. Great franchise, great coach, good team, location, and it would certainly be a good trading partner.

Justice Winslow, Tyler Johnson, Josh McRoberts, and 14th pick to NY

Carmelo Anthony, Kyle O'Quinn, Courtney Lee and our later second round pick.

We'll probably end up signing DRose to a 1 yr option deal.

Draft Frank Ntikitina and O.G Anunoby and Frank Mason

Sign PJ Tucker 14m/3yrs

2017-18 Linup
Knicks:
Derrick Rose - Frank Ntikitina - Frank Mason
Justice Winslow - Tyler Johnson - Ron Baker
P.J. Tucker - O.G Anunoby
Kristaps Porzingis - Lance Thomas
Willy Hernangomez- Josh McRoberts - Joakim Noah

Heat:
Goran Dragic
Courtney Lee
Carmelo Anthony
Kyle O'Quinn
Hassan Whiteside

That's way too much Heat wouldn't offer all of that for Melo. The most we'd most likely be willing to offer is a combination of Bosh,Winslow,and McRoberts.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#536 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 pm

ClydeRules wrote:Phil and Hornacek have both talked about improving our toughness since the season ended and I can see PJ Tucker filling that role for us. If we can get him for 3/14 we should jump at that.

Tucker will make no less than 8 million per year, and I'd bet he makes 10-12.....just like his younger, more offensive version Shabazz Muhummad. 3/14million is high risk/reward project deals....similar to what Lance got. Guys who have a role and do it pretty well no longer get those throw in peanut deals......they see everyone around them getting paid a lot. I'd be shocked if Tucker inks a deal anything under 30 million.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#537 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Shabbaz has nothing in common with Tucker, wtf?
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,784

Post#538 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I'd easily take Winslow over the #14.
koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#539 » by koogiking » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Fore the Knicks, i'd need Winslow #14 and Johnson or no deal. None of those guys are sure things. That looks like fair value for Melo. And if any team thinks their going to low ball us based on the situation, I'd just pass all together.. and just roll with Melo for the next season. I think Phil would too.. He wants significant pieces..

Winslow stats have looked terrible in the last two years and he's coming off injury. Tyler Johnson is simply a league average player although solid. #14 pick is meh. You can get mid first rounders for marginal players. Kyle Oquinn could probably net one.

I'd need all 3 for Melo. And even then I take the deal begrudgingly. Only because we semi have to make a move...
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#540 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:09 pm

FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

much of that depends on the playoffs

if Boston loses in the first in 5, for example, they may well be open to a major trade

If Chi beats them they will probably hold onto Butler
Indy will try to hold onto George IMO

melo becomes a target for Boston

If they do get the top 1 or 2 pick and dont select Jackson then we have a solid chance at Crowder and Bradley for Melo with a future pick of some sort added to us

Return to New York Knicks