ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Queens jury duty

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

OT: Queens jury duty 

Post#1 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 am

Did anyone here ever get a jury duty summon but lost the letter before the service date ? I'm supposed to dial in this Friday to see if and when I have to go, but I lost the actual summon with all my information. I emailed the Queens court county website per the nyjuror.gov we bsite but didnt get a response. I also tried to call the queens commissioner of jurors office, but the nasty lady just asked me to "come to the office" before she hung up.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Re: OT: Queens jury duty 

Post#2 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 am

Just go their and tell them your racist and homophobic. Tell them you hate cops and you hate criminals just as much. If that doesn't work... spit at the judge. You'll get out of jury duty one way or another. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,548

Post#3 » by The KnicksFix » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 am

what i do is side with one side heavily, make it see like you would be too bias to be chosen, it works like a charm
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#4 » by AmazingJason » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:27 am

Dang, I did a trial 7 years ago. I might be up again in another year :(

I'm just too f*cking honest :(
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#5 » by Jay10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:30 am

how would they know if you got the summons?

things get lost in the mail everyday. :lol:
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#6 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 am

Ok, I know coming to realgm for legal advice probably wasn't going to help much, but some of you really need to learn how to read better or learn how to answer a simple question. I didn't ask for tips on how to get out of jury duty. I simply wanted to know what should I do if I lost my summon letter. Acting like a racist is not going to help when I lost my letter and don't even know where and when I have to show up.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#7 » by Greenie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 am

ccvle wrote:Ok, I know coming to realgm for legal advice probably wasn't going to help much, but some of you really need to learn how to read better or learn how to answer a simple question. I didn't ask for tips on how to get out of jury duty. I simply wanted to know what should I do if I lost my summon letter. Acting like a racist is not going to help when I lost my letter and don't even know where and when I have to show up.

Don't worry about it.

You lost the letter and no one can prove you received it.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#8 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:56 am

Jay10 wrote:how would they know if you got the summons?

From what I understand they may send you a second letter but with stricter instructions. I would rather find the summon and dial in this Friday as instructed because I may not get picked and get dismissed.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#9 » by Bill Pidto » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 am

ccvle wrote:Ok, I know coming to realgm for legal advice probably wasn't going to help much, but some of you really need to learn how to read better or learn how to answer a simple question. I didn't ask for tips on how to get out of jury duty. I simply wanted to know what should I do if I lost my summon letter. Acting like a racist is not going to help when I lost my letter and don't even know where and when I have to show up.

You lost? Ever been to this board before? What are you insulting people for? You're the idiot who lost the letter. Do what the lady told you to do and go to the damn office. Jabroni.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#10 » by AmazingJason » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:00 am

Bill Pidto wrote:

You lost? Ever been to this board before? What are you insulting people for? You're the idiot who lost the letter. Do what the lady told you to do and go to the damn office. Jabroni.

well damn.

A thread titled "Queens jury duty" has a 95% chance of being about how to get out of it :D
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#11 » by Jay10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 am

ccvle wrote:

From what I understand they may send you a second letter but with stricter instructions. I would rather find the summon and dial in this Friday as instructed because I may not get picked and get dismissed.

They can't prove you ever received the letter.

sounds a lot like scare tactics to me.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#12 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 am

Bill Pidto wrote:

No , it wasn't an insult. It was an advice that I'm offering. Some of the answers are totally irrelevant to my question. I just don't know if some of you don't know how to read. And yes, I been on this board for a long long time.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#13 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:15 am

This happened frequently when I was a consultant and only got paid on the days I worked. Once I became an employee, they magically started getting through.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 am

Jay10 wrote:
ccvle wrote:

They can't prove you ever received the letter.

sounds a lot like scare tactics to me.

Those warning letters found the same place the notices did in my consulting days. Not a thing happened.
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#15 » by SH0KASE » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:07 pm

I got the letter but never called in because I forgot. Not sure if I have a warrant for my arrest out lol.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#16 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 pm

just an update if anyone cares, I called the office again and this time i actually got someone to help. They actually have all the information available that they can provide to you over the phone. The lady who told me to "come to the office" was just too lazy to pull it up.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#17 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 am

ccvle wrote:
Bill Pidto wrote:

No , it wasn't an insult. It was an advice that I'm offering. Some of the answers are totally irrelevant to my question. I just don't know if some of you don't know how to read. And yes, I been on this board for a long long time.

Yeah we can read. We're not the dummy who lost their ****!
:beer: RIP mags
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#18 » by Boss_ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 am

I just throw them out.

What are they going to do, arrest all of us? There isnt a jail big enough. Nothing ever happened to me.

Its f'ing annoying. Work isnt an option as an excuse to not go. Im self employed and work 7 days a week. Ive had 1 day off in the last 365.

Go send that chit to people who dont work. Theyll be happy to show up and get paid for it.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#19 » by alphad0gz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:19 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Just go their and tell them your racist and homophobic. Tell them you hate cops and you hate criminals just as much. If that doesn't work... spit at the judge. You'll get out of jury duty one way or another. :lol:

Getting out of your civic duty. Wow, what a lofty goal......
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#20 » by alphad0gz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:26 am

Greenie wrote:

Don't worry about it.

You lost the letter and no one can prove you received it.

They'll accept that once. After that, if you don't report because you "lost" the letter or "didn't receive it" the judge will issue a bench warrant. Ignore those and you will be fined and sent to jail.

Return to New York Knicks