Around The League Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,561

Re: Around The League Thread 

Post#621 » by blazza18 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 7:22 pm

3/55 is insane for Molina right?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,943

Post#622 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter

80 games. Ooof.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#623 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Is Dylan Covey the guy that had a medical condition (diabetes maybe) and opted not to sign with us after being a 1st round pick? I saw he was our first round pick, but couldn't quite remember his story.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#624 » by LittleRooster » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Is Dylan Covey the guy that had a medical condition (diabetes maybe) and opted not to sign with us after being a 1st round pick? I saw he was our first round pick, but couldn't quite remember his story.

Yes
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#625 » by mlloyd10 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 am

Eaton out for season.... Braun to Nationals? Robles?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#626 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:35 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Eaton out for season.... Braun to Nationals? Robles?

Just seeing this now. Holy hell that's a bad blow.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Post#627 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:07 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Eaton out for season.... Braun to Nationals? Robles?

Still trying to figure out who's on Braun's updated list of teams he can't veto a trade to. It was SD, LAD, LAA, SF, Miami, and Zona last season, with the Nats and Rays having been removed the previous offseason. However, he changed at least one team on the list last fall, and he may have changed more since then. It often doesn't get revealed for a while when he makes a change, and I can't find any more details. Anybody have any info on this? Maybe somebody who follows multiple baseball Twitter accounts?

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1163994-braun-made-change-to-no-trade-list-no-deal-imminent

They have almost exactly 2 weeks until his full no-trade rights kick in, and I for one firmly believe he intends to exercise those rights unless the Brewers are absolutely terrible with no hope for improvement in sight - an unlikely situation for years to come, as they probably bottomed out a few years ago.

Theoretically, LAD, SF, LAA, and the Nats should all have interest and we can hope for a small bidding war. Here's hoping he swapped out SD for the Nats; historically, he has a tendency to boot teams when they look like they're falling apart.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,212

Post#628 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 pm

Garza pitched decent. Hopefully we can flip him soon
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,863

Post#629 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Anthony Rendon went 6-6, with 3 HRs and 10 RBI today, the Nationals won 23-5. :o
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#630 » by DanoMac » Mon May 1, 2017 7:55 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Anthony Rendon went 6-6, with 3 HRs and 10 RBI today, the Nationals won 23-5. :o

That would've been a season worth of stats for Juan Pierre
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#631 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 5, 2017 10:21 pm

Cubs were up 2-0, one strike away from winning, and they lost on a three run piss rocket.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,159
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#632 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun May 7, 2017 3:52 am

So, uhhhh...Miguel Diaz has some work to do it seems. Still not saying I don't regret leaving him for the taking but he's got a ways to go.
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#633 » by Outlander » Mon May 8, 2017 12:56 pm

Yeah, some needed to pump the breaks a little when he had a couple of scoreless innings to start the year. He is an A ball pitcher that was promoted to the big leagues and the results are predictable. I thought it was a good move at the time to leave him unprotected, I'm not a big fan of teams picking low A guys or lower in the draft since they are so far away from the bigs and really wasn't what the draft was intended for. The Brewers are not innocent here with their pick of Wang a few years ago but hopefully that trend dies. Diaz will likely stick with the Padres this year and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting DFA in the next year or two like Wang was because he is so far away from being a big league pitcher.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#634 » by crkone » Mon May 8, 2017 12:59 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:So, uhhhh...Miguel Diaz has some work to do it seems. Still not saying I don't regret leaving him for the taking but he's got a ways to go.

All you have to say is good luck to SD by trying to keep him on the roster and not offering him back to the Brewers.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#635 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon May 8, 2017 2:34 pm

The Padres are doing every hardcore fan's dream of a rebuild. The Brewers aren't far off from their actions, but when a team is rebuilding, the most diehard of fans wants to go with the 76ers model and take every avenue to play for the future. I'm generally a fan of it, but there are things that always are interesting to watch.

The Padres did this with Luis Perdomo as well. He had a bad year last year and is starting to round into form as a decent pitcher this year, but sometimes you wonder what all of this adds up to. By the time all of this comes to fruition, it's possible that Diaz gets DFA'ed and Perdomo finally comes around to meet his full potential when he only has 2 years left of service time. Sometimes the reward for this isn't what everyone hopes for. The Cubs and Astros were clear winners in the nuclear rebuild, but I'm not sure they went as far as the Padres have. The Braves came out looking like garbage and now are trying to buy to impress fans for their new stadium.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#636 » by trwi7 » Tue May 9, 2017 4:04 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:So, uhhhh...Miguel Diaz has some work to do it seems. Still not saying I don't regret leaving him for the taking but he's got a ways to go.

Well yeah, he was in A ball last year. He probably was going to be terrible this year if he had to pitch in the majors. It still doesn't excuse the Brewers leaving him off the 40 man in place of 5 or 6 steaming piles of crap they had on there instead.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#637 » by El Duderino » Tue May 9, 2017 8:36 am

trwi7 wrote:

Well yeah, he was in A ball last year. He probably was going to be terrible this year if he had to pitch in the majors. It still doesn't excuse the Brewers leaving him off the 40 man in place of 5 or 6 steaming piles of crap they had on there instead.

I'm nowhere near down on what Stearns is doing overall like you are, but i agree with you on Diaz. There was no excuse for leaving him unprotected, regardless if he were to end up accomplishing nothing of note in the majors over the rest of his career. A young arm like that has to be protected, especially given there were multiple other more obvious guys to leave off the 40 man at the time.

So while i'm pretty confident that the Brewers will end up doing well during Stearns tenure as GM, it still was a baffling decision to me in leaving Diaz unprotected.
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#638 » by Outlander » Tue May 9, 2017 1:28 pm

There are plenty of young arms with velocity so no he didn't need to be protected. Diaz at best is a bullpen guy, he isn't a starter. It would have been a waste of a 40 man spot for a number of years and give Stearns a lot of credit for not doing it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#639 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue May 9, 2017 2:33 pm

trwi7 wrote:

Sometimes you have to have steaming piles of MLB crap on your roster or you end up bringing other guys up too early or your 40-man roster gets overloaded or you have to waste all of Diaz's options before he's ready. We'll see what happens with all of the trouble that the Padres went through to get Luis Perdomo and Miguel Diaz on their roster. Chances are it will not be that worth it.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#640 » by wichmae » Tue May 9, 2017 3:14 pm

Tommy Milone, Rob Scahill, Kirk, Suter, Reed, Jungmann, even Hughes all shouldnt have been on the 40 over protecting Diaz. Even if he does end up a BP arm its still a plus FB, plus slider arm on a 22 year old prospect. This and the Davis trade are the two biggest blunders he's made. There was no excuse to not protect Diaz.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers