5%

Total votes: 40

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Re: NFC East 

Post#461 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:48 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think it was definitely done to free up cap space this year. It pushes more dead money down the road though.

Witten is still a very solid TE. Not as good as he once was and he does draw a lot of penalties but the good outweighs the bad. I don't see any way he finishes this contract.

The bright side is I'm hearing good things about Rico Gathers. If he does become the heir apparent to Witten it will even more solidify the fact that the 2016 draft was the greatest draft in Cowboys history.

Would be hard to top '75, but I agree. Wish we had been able to stash Jackson somehow... but you can't have everything. The lynch pin to "best ever" will be Smith. If he is able to contribute, then this draft was a slam dunk.

The crazy thing is there are 3 players from the 2016 draft that didn't even play that could end up being major contributors. If Jaylon, Tapper, and Gathers can contribute this year the 2016 draft gets that much better. I will agree though that it will be difficult to top the 1964 draft when they drafted 2 HOF's including the greatest player in the teams history.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#462 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think it was definitely done to free up cap space this year. It pushes more dead money down the road though.

Witten is still a very solid TE. Not as good as he once was and he does draw a lot of penalties but the good outweighs the bad. I don't see any way he finishes this contract.

The bright side is I'm hearing good things about Rico Gathers. If he does become the heir apparent to Witten it will even more solidify the fact that the 2016 draft was the greatest draft in Cowboys history.

I don't disagree with you at all that the 2016 might turn out to be a slam dunk, but what Landry did in 1964 and 1975 was just masterful and brilliant, sorry.

'64 will definitely be hard to beat. If Dak becomes the player he appears to be the '16 draft would be better than the '75 draft. Right now though, I'll agree with you that '75 was better with one HOF'er.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#463 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:12 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Would be hard to top '75, but I agree. Wish we had been able to stash Jackson somehow... but you can't have everything. The lynch pin to "best ever" will be Smith. If he is able to contribute, then this draft was a slam dunk.

The crazy thing is there are 3 players from the 2016 draft that didn't even play that could end up being major contributors. If Jaylon, Tapper, and Gathers can contribute this year the 2016 draft gets that much better. I will agree though that it will be difficult to top the 1964 draft when they drafted 2 HOF's including the greatest player in the teams history.

We had 3 HOF's in the 1964 draft. Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#464 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

We had 3 HOF's in the 1964 draft. Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes and Roger Staubach.

Forgot about Bob Hayes. Yea that draft will never be topped simply for the fact that they got Captain America in that draft. When all is said and done the '16 draft could end up being right there with the '75 draft though, if not better.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#465 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 am

Hopefully we will be saying the same thing about the '17 draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#466 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 am

Mr B wrote:Hopefully we will be saying the same thing about the '17 draft.

I don't know, lol. the dirty dozen. The likes of Randy White, Breunig, Hollywood Henderson, Mike Hegman, etc.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#467 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:46 pm

Do you have Taco Charlton from Michigan on your radar? I have him on mine. Lets see if we get a shot at him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#468 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 7, 2017 6:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Do you have Taco Charlton from Michigan on your radar? I have him on mine. Lets see if we get a shot at him.

Yea he's one of about 5 DE's that I believe the Cowboys are looking at. One of them will likely be the pick at 28. They are all about the same skill level. It's weird that there are so many DE's in this draft that are actually pretty good. In any normal draft guys if this skill level would all be gone by about pick 15. The fact that there are so many though means at least a couple of them will be available by the time the Cowboys pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#469 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yea he's one of about 5 DE's that I believe the Cowboys are looking at. One of them will likely be the pick at 28. They are all about the same skill level. It's weird that there are so many DE's in this draft that are actually pretty good. In any normal draft guys if this skill level would all be gone by about pick 15. The fact that there are so many though means at least a couple of them will be available by the time the Cowboys pick.

I hope we go defensive line first however. The draft seems to be a very deep at CB. We still have Scandrick, Byron Jones and Anthony Brown. I liked Brown right from the start last year. I was glad we kept him.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#470 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:37 pm

The draftniks are saying that 25+ DB's could go in the first 3 rounds. That's astounding.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#471 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Giants just lost Hankins to the Colts. Big loss for their defense. I love it though, lol.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#472 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Giants just lost Hankins to the Colts. Big loss for their defense. I love it though, lol.

I know I ain't gonna miss him...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799751/article/johnathan-hankins-colts-agree-to-threeyear-contract
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#473 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Do you have Taco Charlton from Michigan on your radar? I have him on mine. Lets see if we get a shot at him.

I hope we go defensive line first however. The draft seems to be a very deep at CB. We still have Scandrick, Byron Jones and Anthony Brown. I liked Brown right from the start last year. I was glad we kept him.

Yea personally I'd prefer DE in the 1st round but would not be upset with a CB at 28. Also I still think they are going to need a LB or two before the end of the draft. Zach Cunningham still really intrigues me.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#474 » by CDior510 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:50 pm

Hankins was good, but the money him and JPP were both commanding is horrendous. I would've much rather got rid of both and tried to buy some draft picks. I'm never one to trust the draft but this seems to be a defensive juggernaut draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#475 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I hope those rumors are NOT TRUE regarding Richard Sherman coming to America's team. I don't want that puke and I don't want to be held hostage by a damn CB. Continue to stay away from FA Jerry and Stephen, please. Build, not break the salary cap bank.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#476 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope those rumors are NOT TRUE regarding Richard Sherman coming to America's team. I don't want that puke and I don't want to be held hostage by a damn CB. Continue to stay away from FA Jerry and Stephen, please. Build, not break the salary cap bank.

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#477 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I hope those rumors are NOT TRUE regarding Richard Sherman coming to America's team. I don't want that puke and I don't want to be held hostage by a damn CB. Continue to stay away from FA Jerry and Stephen, please. Build, not break the salary cap bank.

So why don't you guys just give him his money and cut the ****, seeings how you guys just love him. Seriously.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#478 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

So why don't you guys just give him his money and cut the ****, seeings how you guys just love him. Seriously.

Cuz he's way too valuable. Some team will offer picks. Your right about him being a diva. But, he's a very very good diva.

Would you let Dez go for nothing? I think not! Heck, you were hoping to get something of value for Romo. Well unlike Romo, Sherm is still in his prime & one of the top CB's in the league. Along with no missing games due to injury. The team is doing the right thing, by holding out for a good offer.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#479 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 am

Seems like a lot of unhappy guys on the team now since Carroll gave away the Super Bowl to New England a couple years ago. Beast mode retired for good reason. Didn't want to pay him either. You lost some key pieces on the O-line, evident of what happened last year by the beating Wilson took and lack of running game. Can't believe you lost your O-lineman to the poison you brought in at TE, Jimmy Graham. Didn't you guys anticipate and prepare for this after taking care of Wagner, etc,.? Its starting to look in Seattle that nobody believes in Carroll so much anymore.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#480 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Seems like a lot of unhappy guys on the team now since Carroll gave away the Super Bowl to New England a couple years ago. Beast mode retired for good reason. Didn't want to pay him either. You lost some key pieces on the O-line, evident of what happened last year by the beating Wilson took and lack of running game. Can't believe you lost your O-lineman to the poison you brought in at TE, Jimmy Graham. Didn't you guys anticipate and prepare for this after taking care of Wagner, etc,.? Its starting to look in Seattle that nobody believes in Carroll so much anymore.

Lol you read wayyy too much into it. They actually gave Marshawn an extension (they paid him well) after that Superbowl. He got beat up & was injured for most of 2015. He retired because of it. He's from Oakland & wants to play again. Don't believe the NE rumors, they're bogus.

The O-line is & was a problem. I can't debate that. It's known. :roll:

The fact is that most of the cap is tied up in the defense & a few guys on offense. I'd love to have a great offensive line as well. But, It is what it is.

I'd worry about your own team Bj. :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board