Will ANY NBA team visit the white house?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,892

Will ANY NBA team visit the white house? 

Post#1 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

There are a ton of players from the pats skipping today's white house visit. The NBA is more liberal than the NFL and a bunch of players and coaches have outright criticized Trump. There is NO WAY that I see any NBA champion visiting the White House while Trump is there.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Re: Will ANY NBA team visit the white house? 

Post#2 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:02 pm

If/when the Bucks win, Spencer Hawes would love to go
Aurelius
Junior
And1: 699

Post#3 » by Aurelius » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Bulls will for sure go after they win it this year.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#4 » by Chinook » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm

I hope the Spurs go next year. It would send a message that the office is bigger than the person filling the office. Plus, if Pop is going to run for president in 2020, he has to size up the competition now.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,331

Post#5 » by DK-All Day » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:There are a ton of players from the pats skipping today's white house visit. The NBA is more liberal than the NFL and a bunch of players and coaches have outright criticized Trump. There is NO WAY that I see any NBA champion visiting the White House while Trump is there.

Only seven player are skipping. The rest are going.

And no, I don't see a NBA team skipping the White House visit.
Handsome.
Tinseltown
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,917

Post#6 » by Tinseltown » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:05 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:There are a ton of players from the pats skipping today's white house visit. The NBA is more liberal than the NFL and a bunch of players and coaches have outright criticized Trump. There is NO WAY that I see any NBA champion visiting the White House while Trump is there.

There is 0 chance that the Warriors visit the White House
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#7 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm

Yeah - I can't see many of the players and coaches on the top contenders wanting to go. Many have spoken out against Trump.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm

I would predict that none will go as long as he's the POTUS.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#9 » by Bertrob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Im sure they will. Some players will skip
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,199

Post#10 » by Childs » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Can't wait.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,137

Post#11 » by Froob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Childs wrote:Image

Can't wait.

Hm....what would happen if in some strange alternate universe the Raptors won? Would...they visit the US white house or just go visit wherever Canada keeps their Federal Government?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#12 » by zronv7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Tinseltown wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:

There is 0 chance that the Warriors visit the White House

only in your mind buddy

in reality there is a 0 chance that they don't visit the white house
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#13 » by tarantism » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Yeah hard to see GSW visiting at any point during Trump's time in office.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#14 » by J Shuttlesworth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah also don't see Warriors visiting the White House. Kerr and Curry are obviously very anti-trump, and they seem like a pretty non-conservative type of team.
slothrop8
Head Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#15 » by slothrop8 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I doubt any will go for optics alone on both sides. It's one thing for 7 Patriots to opt out - you still roll in with 46 guys or something. You can't have 12 or 13 NBA players opting out and the franchise showing up with 2 players and an assistant coach representing it. It would be an embarrassment to the White House - they aren't going to want that. The NBA teams just won't go and both the league and the White House sides will quietly pretend the NBA Champ going to the White House was never a thing that happened.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#16 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:31 pm

does it matter? will trump care? hell he will probably tweet that they were there even if they dont show up or that all NBA players love him. he makes his own reality.

crazy that he is president. says alot about how uneducated so much of this country is.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#17 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Too bad the Mavs are a dumpster fire. Would love to see Cuban and Trump pretending to enjoy the moment.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#18 » by Throwback24 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Of course they will.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,553

Post#19 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:36 pm

J Shuttlesworth wrote:Yeah also don't see Warriors visiting the White House. Kerr and Curry are obviously very anti-trump, and they seem like a pretty non-conservative type of team.

Not just that, but their fan base is about as blue as a fan base gets. That would be a deeply unpopular decision with the fans, even if the Warriors wanted to go (which most of them wouldn't).
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#20 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 pm

slothrop8 wrote:I doubt any will go for optics alone on both sides. It's one thing for 7 Patriots to opt out - you still roll in with 46 guys or something. You can't have 12 or 13 NBA players opting out and the franchise showing up with 2 players and an assistant coach representing it. It would be an embarrassment to the White House - they aren't going to want that. The NBA teams just won't go and both the league and the White House sides will quietly pretend the NBA Champ going to the White House was never a thing that happened.

Yeah - football has a much more conservative leaning fan base, yeah, there are some liberal players, but the league itself can't offend conservatives as a whole so they will go. NBA has liberal fans, owners, coaches and players (who are more powerful idividually because of how much fewer of them there are compared to football) - heck, they moved the all star game over that NC law, they certainly aren't going to be afraid of backlash for not going to see Trump who is a lot more polarizing politically. They'd probably experience more backlash from actually going.

Return to The General Board