ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2261 » by JXL » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:59 pm

I have doubts about Pineda and Tanaka since they are 1 and 2 on the rotation. Tanaka's control is off, and Pineda's pitching to the strike zone has been inefficient since last season. Both have to get themselves right, especially Tanaka due to his partially torn elbow.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#2262 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:57 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Judge just crushes the ball. He's gonna hit 30 at least.

It depends if he can keep his strikeouts down. Pitchers adjust to hitters as they seem them more.

Judge needs to be patient. That shorter swing and the more at ease he appears at the plate should help. If he's patient there's enough crap pitchers out there that will throw change-ups in the strike zone for him to mash. He's not getting any fastballs right now unless it's way out of the strike zone. Last night he got a bit impatient in one of his at bats and chased a ugly pitch out of the strke zone for a strikeout.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#2263 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Mecca wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:This is my favorite (only) Yankees forum :lol:

Judge (Bigfoot) looking very good at the plate. Patient, taking pitches well, not forcing it. Seems to have worked on pitch selection...very impressed.

Big Bird, FINALLY got comfortable again. While I do think Girardi did right by sitting him against a tough lefty just to keep the positive vibe going, I would not have sat a switch-hitter (Hicks) after going deep from both sides the day before.

Pineda 2 good starts in a row, Severino looked good last start, Montgomery a nice surprise (very poised), CC continuing to earn my respect and admiration, Tanaka doing well. What more can we ask from the starters for now?

All of it equals unbeaten at home to start the season...not too shabby.

Agree with everything but Tanaka doing well, wtf? Dude is single handedly costing my fantasy team. We need him to get it going because Pineda's bound to revert to the norm any day now

Aight, Tanaka has been less than stellar. I got swept up in my own positivity. :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2264 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:38 pm

JXL wrote:I have doubts about Pineda and Tanaka since they are 1 and 2 on the rotation. Tanaka's control is off, and Pineda's pitching to the strike zone has been inefficient since last season. Both have to get themselves right, especially Tanaka due to his partially torn elbow.

I'm actually not too worried about Tanaka. He looked great in spring and baseball is a sport of long term trends. Tanaka has been a very good pitcher with the Yankees for some time now so what he does this season will likely be close to that. Pineda on the other hand I am cautiously optimistic on but I have not seen him look this good since that stretch he had prior to pinetar incident.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2265 » by Mecca » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:15 am

Anyone that has been reading this board since we started talking Yankees knows I've been Severino's #1 supporter. His slider looks dominant and he's throwing harder than ever.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2266 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 am

Tough loss for Severino.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#2267 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Severino pitched well. I can take losses like this for a young pitcher. 2nd game with over 10k's, command of the plate. Made a few mistakes and the CWS had a guy pitch well. 4 runs today in baseball means you kept your team in the game.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#2268 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

I'll take the blame for this.
I KNEW I shouldn't have posted positive things in here yesterday! Superstitious much?...you could say that.

I'll try a reverse jinx. Holliday...you suck!

Go Yanks.
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#2269 » by Apples » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

JXL wrote:I have doubts about Pineda and Tanaka since they are 1 and 2 on the rotation. Tanaka's control is off, and Pineda's pitching to the strike zone has been inefficient since last season. Both have to get themselves right, especially Tanaka due to his partially torn elbow.

Only reason why I think Pineda keeps this up is cause he's pitching for a contract.

Tanaka has a track record.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2270 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Whoa. After only THREE starts in April (of all months) we're already judging Tanaka? Are you serious?!?!

Fantasy sports stud he is not. However as a Yankee, he's done very well with the garbage line ups the Yanks have trotted out there in comparison to the teams that Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez have had behind them.

Let's give this guy a chance. At least 10 starts before we throw dirt on the grave.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#2271 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

It'll be interesting to see if Pineda can keep it up. And...if he can...what the Yankees will do.

Do they trade him by the deadline to try and get some sort of haul? Do they think resigning him in the offseason? Or do they just give him the QO and either have him come back for one more year (in the unlikely case where he accepts it) or settle for just the compensation draft pick?

I would think the ideal option may be to trade him if he can keep this up to a team is willing to send back something worth more than a compensatory pick.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#2272 » by Mecca » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Whoa. After only THREE starts in April (of all months) we're already judging Tanaka? Are you serious?!?!

Fantasy sports stud he is not. However as a Yankee, he's done very well with the garbage line ups the Yanks have trotted out there in comparison to the teams that Carl Pavano, Javier Vazquez have had behind them.

Let's give this guy a chance. At least 10 starts before we throw dirt on the grave.

He actually is rock solid in fantasy. High win total, low ERA, decent K's, low WHIP. Drafted him as my SP2.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2273 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:It'll be interesting to see if Pineda can keep it up. And...if he can...what the Yankees will do.

Do they trade him by the deadline to try and get some sort of haul? Do they think resigning him in the offseason? Or do they just give him the QO and either have him come back for one more year (in the unlikely case where he accepts it) or settle for just the compensation draft pick?

I would think the ideal option may be to trade him if he can keep this up to a team is willing to send back something worth more than a compensatory pick.

Depends where the Yankees are at, the trading deadline. Odds are, the Yanks re-sign him.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2274 » by levendis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Torres on the DL with rotator cuff tendinitis. Wasn't playing too great when he was healthy (.237/.340/.342). Hopefully it's nothing serious.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2275 » by levendis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:06 am

Dear god
Read on Twitter
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#2276 » by Phish Tank » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am

levendis wrote:Dear god
Read on Twitter

he's gonna be asked to participate in a HR derby soon enough
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#2277 » by N Y K » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 am

another one
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#2278 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:36 am

Judge is must see TV every night ! It's amazing what he's doing now, I didn't think it will be this quick for him to start showing signs of being a good hitter but he's using the whole field. We got another one
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#2279 » by Polk377 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 am

levendis wrote:Dear god
Read on Twitter

I don't remember ever hearing the ball come off the bat like that.....
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2280 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 am

Aaron Judge "Dredd" is starting to become a nightmare for pitchers. I hope Joe G moves him up to #5 behind Holliday...then put Sanchez #3 with Ellsbury #2 and Gardner #1. Ultimately I want Bird to be the future #2 hitter.

As for Tanaka, 7 innings, one run, and the win. Get on the Asian Invasion kids!

Return to New York Knicks