Bulls biggest threat to Cavs in East

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,684

Re: Bulls biggest threat to Cavs in East 

Post#121 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 pm

I believe Wizards are a bigger treat and the Raptors as well. Bulls are just facing the hype against the malfunctional Celtics team. Against other teams it'd be a whole other thing.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Post#122 » by Guy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 pm

At the end of the day though, nobody is beating the Warriors, or even the Spurs which wouldn't surprise me if they made the finals instead.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#123 » by Flopper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 pm

With the parity in the East it all comes down to match ups. If the Bulls manage to advance and face the Wizards, the small advantage they have at the wing positions against the Celtics will quickly become a big disadvantage against the Wizards. The Wizards have multiple defenders to throw at Butler, while Butler is the only perimeter player on the Bulls that can effectively guard Wall and Beal. MCW can probably guard one of those two off the bench, but he's such a train wreck on the offensive end that it probably negates any positive defensive contributions he might make.
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Post#124 » by Guy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Flopper wrote:With the parity in the East it all comes down to match ups. If the Bulls manage to advance and face the Wizards, the small advantage they have at the wing positions against the Celtics will quickly become a big disadvantage against the Wizards. The Wizards have multiple defenders to throw at Butler, while Butler is the only perimeter player on the Bulls that can effectively guard Wall and Beal. MCW can probably guard one of those two off the bench, but he's such a train wreck on the offensive end that it probably negates any positive defensive contributions he might make.

Are playoff Wade and playoff Rondo chopped liver? They are 2 completely different entities than their regular season counter parts.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,371

Post#125 » by phanman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Wall is going to be too big for Rondo and too fast for Wade. I am guessing the Bulls throw Butler on Wade, Rondo on Beal and Wade on Porter. That's a whole lot of size to give up chasing around Beal and Porter. Lopez =/= Gortat but Morris is going to food
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#126 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 pm

I want to just take care of the Celtics first

Still a long series
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#127 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Wizards do not like a juggernaut yet. Hawks are making them work so far in game 2 at Washington.

Honestly, the Cavs look as good as any other Eastern team and they haven't really exploded like the way they're capable of doing when they're raining 3s.

In fact in the playoffs, the Spurs have looked the best so far. Maybe Houston too, if they win game 2 tonight comfortably again.
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#128 » by RingsDontLie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:39 am

I think a lot of people are in denial in regards to the pedigree of the bulls roster. You got a 3x champion and finals mvp in D. Wade, NBA champions, multiple defensive 1st team in rajon rondo, then an MPI, 3x all star, and multiple defensive team in Jimmy Butler.

Hate to reiterate it, but basketball pedigree is about as high as you can go on this team championship wise, and defensive wise.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,261

Post#129 » by Froob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:I want to just take care of the Celtics first

Still a long series

Awaiting the "Celtics biggest threat to Cavs in East" thread late Friday night.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
wco81
RealGM

Post#130 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 am

Only so much a 35-year old Wade will be able to do if he has to play a lot of minutes.

Wizards are going to scrape out a win in game 2. Wall is holding up his jersey after a breakaway dunk as if he's superman. Not sure how the talented but young players on the Wizards will respond in a tight playoff game against Lebron. Wade won't shrink from it but again, he's 35.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#131 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 am

I don't see the Bulls have any chance against the Wizards. None.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,565

Post#132 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:51 am

Wait so now the Bulls are the biggest threat to the Cavs? What about the other threads about how Ainge needs to get fired and how Stevens is not really a good coach?
jangles86
Starter
And1: 939

Post#133 » by jangles86 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 am

Wizards will take care of Hawks and bulls and will play Cavs in ECF.
wco81
RealGM

Post#134 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 am

If Wizards think Hawks were getting too many calls, wait until they play the Cavs.

If they get the same treatment the Pacers are getting, no contest.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#135 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 am

dlts20 wrote::x
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:Wade was near his prime in Miami, he couldn't guard Beal.

What.

What is so hard to understand. I'm saying that even when Wade was still close to his prime in Miami and Beal was younger, he always gave Wade fits. Wade can't chase him around screens and now Beal is even a great iso player with handles. Rondo and Wade won't be able to stop them. Bulls have a scrappy D but no rim protection which is really what gives the Wiz problems

Wade was not in his prime then. 2007-2010 Wade was a whole nother level on offence and defence
Donald Trump is an idiot.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#136 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 am

wco81 wrote:If Wizards think Hawks were getting too many calls, wait until they play the Cavs.

Pacers were called for all of 21 fouls and that includes intentional fouls at the end of the game and Lance's little melt down when he was asked to guard Love. Wizards were whistled for 39 fouls in Game 1 & 29 fouls tonight. Keep the hate going though.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,847

Post#137 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am

Flopper wrote:With the parity in the East it all comes down to match ups. If the Bulls manage to advance and face the Wizards, the small advantage they have at the wing positions against the Celtics will quickly become a big disadvantage against the Wizards. The Wizards have multiple defenders to throw at Butler, while Butler is the only perimeter player on the Bulls that can effectively guard Wall and Beal. MCW can probably guard one of those two off the bench, but he's such a train wreck on the offensive end that it probably negates any positive defensive contributions he might make.

The Wizards don't defend all that well and definitely have inferior perimeter defenders than the Celtics (other than IT).

I do think Wizards would obviously be favored, and I really like their starting line-up.

But I also think Butler would be the best player in the series which gives the Bulls a chance by default.
wco81
RealGM

Post#138 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 am

jbk1234 wrote:
wco81 wrote:If Wizards think Hawks were getting too many calls, wait until they play the Cavs.

Pacers were called for all of 21 fouls and that includes intentional fouls at the end of the game and Lance's little melt down when he was asked to guard Love. Wizards were whistled for 39 fouls in Game 1 & 29 fouls tonight. Keep the hate going though.

And what about when they get brutalized inside and get no calls? Or even worse, Korver pulls down Young and Young gets called for the foul?

Meanwhile Lebron hops and skips and Kyrie pushes off with off hand when he goes to the hole.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#139 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:43 am

wco81 wrote:Wizards do not like a juggernaut yet. Hawks are making them work so far in game 2 at Washington.

Honestly, the Cavs look as good as any other Eastern team and they haven't really exploded like the way they're capable of doing when they're raining 3s.

In fact in the playoffs, the Spurs have looked the best so far. Maybe Houston too, if they win game 2 tonight comfortably again.

Hawks are a joke for Wizards. I am not even sure Lebron can take on Wall and Beal.
Trapping Rose strategy wont work against this team.
Honestly, I am not even 100% sure Cavs can beat the Bucks. Giannis is always the player to look out for and he might even outplay Lebron in that series.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
peralta
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#140 » by peralta » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 am

smokeylarue wrote:Can't believe it hasn't been said yet. Bulls swept the Cavs this season 4-0. They absolutely are a threat, but I doubt the Bulls get past Washington.

regular season is different man...some games the team are coming off a back to back...or is not 100% healthy. Playoffs is a new season...you only play that one team in a best of seven series...you have a book with the team's playbook...players strength and weakness...and tendencies. You lock in on one specific team and there is no back to back game. head to head reg. season game is out the window.

Return to The General Board