Bulls biggest threat to Cavs in East

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,138

Re: Bulls biggest threat to Cavs in East 

Post#141 » by PierceFan4ever » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 am

Bulls have just been cursed. Anytime someone makes a thread is team fill in the bank the biggest threat to the Cavs, that team usually struggles. So I hope this is a positive for the Celtics
RingsDontLie
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#142 » by RingsDontLie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 pm

wco81 wrote:Only so much a 35-year old Wade will be able to do if he has to play a lot of minutes.

Wizards are going to scrape out a win in game 2. Wall is holding up his jersey after a breakaway dunk as if he's superman. Not sure how the talented but young players on the Wizards will respond in a tight playoff game against Lebron. Wade won't shrink from it but again, he's 35.

Actually the coach has been managing Wade's minutes well. He may be 35 but Jordan won a ring at 34.

If they sweep the Celtics that means more rest. Not saying they will, when is the last time a 1st team got swept lol :lol:

It's not hard to imagine Celtics get 1 good game in or even 2. Will not be surprised if Celtics get swept either if Rondo keeps dismantling them at will. You would think the Cs would figure something out for at least one game though.
Gontscha
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#143 » by Gontscha » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

I've got the feeling most people rating the Wizards as a great matchup with the Cavs have mostly watched the Wall youtube highlights and not the games so far. Atlanta has played horrible basketball yet both games were still pretty close. With Howard being unable to defend the pnr at all and Millsap always being subpar against Morris, the Wizards match up perfect against the Hawks, this series is very misleading regarding Washington's strength.
As for the Bulls, it's hard to say if they're really that strong or if Boston is just as weak as most expected. Sure, Rondo seems to have found form again and Butler is a beast - but if scrubs like Portis and Zipser can go off from the bench it's a big sign that this team is being made look better by Boston than they are.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#144 » by dlts20 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Gontscha wrote:I've got the feeling most people rating the Wizards as a great matchup with the Cavs have mostly watched the Wall youtube highlights and not the games so far. Atlanta has played horrible basketball yet both games were still pretty close. With Howard being unable to defend the pnr at all and Millsap always being subpar against Morris, the Wizards match up perfect against the Hawks, this series is very misleading regarding Washington's strength.
As for the Bulls, it's hard to say if they're really that strong or if Boston is just as weak as most expected. Sure, Rondo seems to have found form again and Butler is a beast - but if scrubs like Portis and Zipser can go off from the bench it's a big sign that this team is being made look better by Boston than they are.

The Wiz are without a very key player in Mahimi, they just played the whole game with Morris, Smith, Porter, Oubre, and Bogdanovic playing limited minutes in foul trouble. Beal in both games have basically only played well in the 4th. The Wiz are one of the best 3pt shooting teams and have been ice cold despite Beal, Porter, and Bogdanovic getting mad open looks. Atlanta doubled Washington up on the ft line in game 1 and still had a nice advantage in game 2. The Hawks ended the season with 3 straight wins over Boston and the Cavs with 2 of them being on the road. It's actually impressive what the Wiz are doing, all things considered
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#145 » by Bulls03 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Wade will get UP for that series if it were to happen. Wade vs LeBron would be happening about 6 years too late but would still be fun.

LeBron knows why he gave the Celtics the 1st seed.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,159

Post#146 » by djsunyc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:54 pm

wade in 4 weeks may be on life support.
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#147 » by oikosnomos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Are the Bulls the best 8th seed of all time?
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Post#148 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Gontscha wrote:I've got the feeling most people rating the Wizards as a great matchup with the Cavs have mostly watched the Wall youtube highlights and not the games so far. Atlanta has played horrible basketball yet both games were still pretty close. With Howard being unable to defend the pnr at all and Millsap always being subpar against Morris, the Wizards match up perfect against the Hawks, this series is very misleading regarding Washington's strength.

When was the last time the Cavs looked good?

The Cavs should be favored over any team, don't get me wrong, but the Wizards have 2 guys who can create and score.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#149 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

I can see anyone Wizard other than Wall getting hacked if they go inside the paint and not getting calls.

And even in crunch situations, Wall might not get anything or he might even pick up offensive fouls.

The NBA wants the Cavs in the Finals for Warriors vs. Cavs III.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#150 » by Southpaw » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm

dlts20 wrote:Wizards are by far the worst match up in the East for both the Cavs and Bulls

This! I'm a Bulls fan and i'd love to see a matchup between Lebron and Wade but i see Cavs vs WAS in the ECF. It'll be a fun series.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#151 » by RaptorRed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 pm

RingsDontLie wrote:
wco81 wrote:Only so much a 35-year old Wade will be able to do if he has to play a lot of minutes.

Wizards are going to scrape out a win in game 2. Wall is holding up his jersey after a breakaway dunk as if he's superman. Not sure how the talented but young players on the Wizards will respond in a tight playoff game against Lebron. Wade won't shrink from it but again, he's 35.

Actually the coach has been managing Wade's minutes well. He may be 35 but Jordan won a ring at 34.

If they sweep the Celtics that means more rest. Not saying they will, when is the last time a 1st team got swept lol :lol:

It's not hard to imagine Celtics get 1 good game in or even 2. Will not be surprised if Celtics get swept either if Rondo keeps dismantling them at will. You would think the Cs would figure something out for at least one game though.

They managed his minutes well last year too , he really ran out of gas around game 3-4 and was a non factor for the rest of the series against the raptors. He has moments where he goes vintage wade but he really struggled at some points
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
dlts20
RealGM

Post#152 » by dlts20 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 pm

oikosnomos wrote:Are the Bulls the best 8th seed of all time?

Are you forgetting about the Knicks going to the finals
Birdie
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#153 » by Birdie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Guy wrote:
Birdie wrote:And people bringing up this 4-0 during the regular season against us as it's supposed to mean something?

I believe the 60 win Bulls back in 2010 were 3-0 against the Heatles during the regular season and then got bounced by the Heat in the ECF 4-1. Also, 60 win ATL in 2014 was 3-1 against CLE and they got bounced in ECF 4-0. So are we really using regular season maths as some kind of barometer?

Regular season success means nothing when it comes to the playoffs by that metric.

Are we really saying the Paul Zipsers and Bobby Portis' are gonna tilt a series so far in CHI favor's, that they're a juggernaut now? Please. They shot 34% from 3 in the regular season, through 2 games, they're at 35.3% and 44% from 2 during RS and in the playoffs, are 46%, so, they're overperfoming ..

But I still got faith for my BOS brethren, I still think this series is going 7 but could end in 5 if JimmyB goes bezerk in CHI smellin blood in the water.

So the Bulls were trash in the regular season and know they're outclassing the #1 seed in the playoffs where it matters...

Dude you literally contradict yourself every other paragraph, wtf are you talking about?

How am I contradicting myself?

All I'm responding to is the title of the thread which is an EXTREME overreaction/analysis based on just 2 games. Someone brought up the point that CHI was 4-0 against Cavs during the regular season and now that they're 2-0 up against BOS, that by some conflated rationale, Bulls are magically in CLE's league because of their current play.

So what's your beef? I tempered my response by saying, "If Bulls beat BOS and happen to beat WAS/ATL in convincing fashion, then yea, I would consider the OP original hot take, however, I'm not gonna just blindly agree to a black/white proclamation that CHI is CLE's biggest threat just because CHI is up 2-0 on BOS. Please.

And yea, by any metric, CHI had a crappy regular season and their roster was flawed from the very start. They have no outside shooting. Their PF depth is about as marshmallow as it gets after trading Taj away. Markieff or Milsap are HUGE upgrades over deadweight Amir Johnson or Jerebko or Olynyk for Nico or Portis to go up against. G/L with that. And this is not to be said in a denigrating fashion, it's just the facts. Yea, I give props to the Bulls "right now" for playing above what they displayed during the regular season and they deserve it. However, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend or be in irrational homerism denial that this is more than what it seems until it actually happens. That's my point.

You might disagree with that or take offense but in the end, are you really telling me, just from a general bball eyetest, you're taking CHI's roster of players over the likes of WAS/TOR's rosters right at this moment? If so, I got some ocean front property in Idaho to sell you cuz I surely ain't betting anything on that being a sustainable scenario. But like I said, CHI could prove me wrong and will rightfully give them the props if/when they do. I got no qualms about that.
Come at the king, you best not miss...
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#154 » by oikosnomos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

dlts20 wrote:

My comment was an attempt to be funny. Obviously, not that funny.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#155 » by SpinninHouse » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:14 pm

No team in the NBA can even win one game in a playoff series against my juggernaut Bulls. Fred Hoiberger is a rich man's Phil Jackson. And Bobby Snortis is like a mix of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Kelly Tripuka.

Championship!
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
gumshoe
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#156 » by gumshoe » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 pm

I think the biggest reason why the Bulls are doing so well is because of Rondos leadership values. If you watch the regular season they tend to lose focus during the second half. If you watch Rondo during the playoffs, you could tell that he is keeping this team focused during the entire game. Which leads to everyone stepping up.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#157 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:42 pm

They're absolutely playing with confidence, hitting every open shot they get.

In contrast, Celtics are missing the shots they were making in the regular season.

But that confidence may disappear in the next round.

Hell, it could disappear in the next game.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#158 » by dlts20 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:47 pm

oikosnomos wrote:
dlts20 wrote:

My comment was an attempt to be funny. Obviously, not that funny.

Haha, I'm always the guy who points out that someone was just making a joke but I could see people really feeling that way with Butler, Wade, and Rondo
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#159 » by Illmatic12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:50 pm

I have a feeling people don't realize how terrible Cleveland's defense is, and how many slow/old players they have in their rotation.

To play devils advocate, aren't the Cavs barely beating the 8-seed right now (in home games, no less)?

With a Lebron team we know it's always possible they flip the switch at any time, but as of now why would we assume that they will roll through Toronto and then Washington with no problems?
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#160 » by PlayerUp » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:28 pm

wco81 wrote:They're absolutely playing with confidence, hitting every open shot they get.

In contrast, Celtics are missing the shots they were making in the regular season.

But that confidence may disappear in the next round.

Hell, it could disappear in the next game.

What are you talking about? Boston shot better from the field and 3 than Chicago did in the 1st game and they still lost.

Return to The General Board