WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 4-0

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Series Prediction

Warriors in 4
53%
Warriors in 5
30%
Warriors in 6
5%
Warriors in 7
0%
Trailblazers in 4
4%
Trailblazers in 5
1%
Trailblazers in 6
4%
Trailblazers in 7
3%

Total votes: 409

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,797

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 2-0 

Post#1361 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 am

Warriors07 wrote:Kerr puts Pachulia back in garbage time, poor zaza no respect

I think it's about forcing McAdoo to play the 3 and Clark and McCaw to get creative offensively. This is the second time recently he's put Zaza out there with two other "centers" and I think it's about pushing the other guys comfort zone than about Zaza.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,958

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 1-0 

Post#1362 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:13 am

xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Firstly, I don't acknowledge you being king of what content and what style to post. If I choose to shorthand, that's my prerogative. You're the jerk by trying to call me on it. Just let it go.

Buuuuut, I honestly don't know what "Experience son. Experience." is supposed to convey in response to what I said about Green. You're welcome to say whatever you wish, but if you want to be understood by the poor, unwashed masses who need grammar schooling, you'll have to be clearer.

Still can't let it go, eh?

The post was succinctly stating that we who have seen many Warrior games (ie experience in watching) have witnessed many techs/ejections, etc. I was surprised by the reply as if we were just making **** up. I wanted to assure you that it was not. By years of experience.

Ah, I see. Your myopic "experience" of basketball has left you ill-prepared to evaluate Draymond Green objectively. Now I understand.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#1363 » by mvpshaq32 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 am

lol Zaza just owned Meyers Leonard on both ends of the court
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,797

Post#1364 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 am

lol at the Zaza iso.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#1365 » by xfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:15 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Buuuuut, I honestly don't know what "Experience son. Experience." is supposed to convey in response to what I said about Green. You're welcome to say whatever you wish, but if you want to be understood by the poor, unwashed masses who need grammar schooling, you'll have to be clearer.

The post was succinctly stating that we who have seen many Warrior games (ie experience in watching) have witnessed many techs/ejections, etc. I was surprised by the reply as if we were just making **** up. I wanted to assure you that it was not. By years of experience.

Ah, I see. Your myopic "experience" of basketball has left you ill-prepared to evaluate Draymond Green objectively. Now I understand.

Hardly. You know nothing about me or what I know. Again, Let it go.
chyau.00
Starter
And1: 713

Post#1366 » by chyau.00 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 am

Too bad Nurkic didn't play today. His 30-20-5 could have helped portland win the game today.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1367 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 am

xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:

Says the guy who already called me "son" and suggested I return to grammar school. Why let it go? You keep responding.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

xfactor
Lead Assistant

Post#1368 » by xfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:

Says the guy who already called me "son" and suggested I return to grammar school. Why let it go? You keep responding.

Yes, and you're proving my point. Ok youngster. You get the last word. Feel good now?
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1369 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Why are you being such a jerk? First "son," then suggesting that somebody whose intelligence and education is entirely unknown to you needs to go to "grammar school," a term that's been out of favor for decades. Why don't you just speak clearly instead? "Experience," not used in a complete sentence, does not convey a thought. I am very likely older and more academically accomplished than you, so there's no need to try to pull rank in the way that you have twice attempted.

I can nearly gaurantee that I am more academically accomplished than almost everyone on this forum (professionally licensed M.E with an MBA). :D .. spelling might be off for me tonight though. IPAD screws it up.

PS... Who cares about formal grammar on a forum. The vast majority of grammar on this site is horrific.

MBA =/= academic accomplishment, lol.

What's your definition of academic accomplishment? Not saying an MBA is all that hard. Undergrad ME was much tougher, but I thought both were worthwhile endeavors. Maybe you're thinking academically reviewed and published research?
Starboy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#1370 » by Starboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:22 am

xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:

He's a "retired mod" with two decades of experience. Respect the credentials :lol: :lol: :noway:
xfactor
Lead Assistant

Post#1371 » by xfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:23 am

Starboy wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:

He's a "retired mod" with two decades of experience. Respect the credentials :lol: :lol: :noway:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1372 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:24 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
and1GS wrote:Yaaaaawn.

FWIW the Blazers have a great core, I'm a huge fan of Dame/CJ/Nurk/Crabbe. I think if they could get a versatile, rangey, star-level 3 they could seriously vault up to a top 3 seed. Then higher once the bench gets filled out. Defensively I do worry about that backcourt, but those guys are such well-rounded offensive players I think you just build the rest of the team to hide that.

That said...Nurk has been great, but let's be real. He's not the savior that would push this series to 6-7 games. It's not like skilled bigs are our kryptonite like they were in the '07 Jazz series. Very good player that would improve the level of play, but this is a sweep all the way unless Dame/CJ go for 75-80 gain and get a huge contribution from 2-3 other players, which could push it to 5.

Probably not yet. I do think Nurkic's potential is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure I can really name a stronger player in the NBA. Maybe Drummond, but I've seen him move Drummond before as well. Nurkic has to work on tightening his game up though. Only way Blazers take this to 6 is if Nurkic comes back (healthy and without rust) and Lillard and McCollum go nuclear at home over the next 2 games. Fully expect a sweep though. Portland can't compete whatsoever with no front court and Crabbe limping around.

Edit: Also if Durant doesn't return in addition.

Crabbe's hurt? That explains a lot. He's such a useful player strong frame, nice range, solid defense and looks so comfortable on or off the ball. I was surprised he wasn't killing us (again). Elite 6 man that doesn't get enough respect.

Nurkic is tantalizing for sure. What type of 4 plays with him though? I've only seen him play maybe once or twice, but know there was that whole mess with Jokic. I'd assume you get a Terrence Jones/Patrick Patterson type, who can spread the floor and at least be tall, or maybe a defense first player who's closer to the hoop? Maybe even a more premium option like Ibaka could be a fit for longer than a year. It'a a delicate situation because you guys have three stars and need to build out depth from there.

The positive is that the core is the hardest thing to get right! Just look at Boston :(
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1373 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 am

xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
xfactor wrote:

Yes, and you're proving my point. Ok youngster. You get the last word. Feel good now?

I don't care about "the last word." I'm not trying to win or lose anything here. I just expect you to communicate like a literate human. I succeeded, since I at least know what you're talking about now. So I do feel good about that.

"Youngster." You keep suggesting that you want me to drop this, but you can't help yourself trying to get one over.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1374 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 am

mvpshaq32 wrote:lol Zaza just owned Meyers Leonard on both ends of the court

Leonard just brings out a primal fury in me, how could someone be in the NBA for 5 years, get a new contract and be as bad as him. He's literally Hasheem Thabeet to me. He's an embarrassment.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1375 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
I can nearly gaurantee that I am more academically accomplished than almost everyone on this forum (professionally licensed M.E with an MBA). :D .. spelling might be off for me tonight though. IPAD screws it up.

PS... Who cares about formal grammar on a forum. The vast majority of grammar on this site is horrific.

What's your definition of academic accomplishment? Not saying an MBA is all that hard. Undergrad ME was much tougher, but I thought both were worthwhile endeavors. Maybe you're thinking academically reviewed and published research?

Ah, now you've made me feel guilty over my friendly fire. Didn't mean to cut too personally. You've just been throwing a lot of harsh words at fellow Blazers fans lately. I took exception when you then, however lightly, tried to claim superiority over my exchange with another fan. This one I'll let go with a retraction. But, by Howard Mass, xfactor and I are rolling into Hades together.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1376 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 am

floppymoose wrote:Mike Brown always looks like he has a mild headache.

To me he always looks like he isn't sure if he turned the oven off at home.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#1377 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 am

Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1378 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 am

Starboy wrote:
xfactor wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:

Yes, I'm old and grizzled and will respond to condescension. Sorry?
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1379 » by Tim Lehrbach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:42 am

I really gotta change my user name if I'm gonna keep mixing it up like this.
Clipsz 4 Life

Saxon

Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1380 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Tim Lehrbach wrote:

Ah, now you've made me feel guilty over my friendly fire. Didn't mean to cut too personally. You've just been throwing a lot of harsh words at fellow Blazers fans lately. I took exception when you then, however lightly, tried to claim superiority over my exchange with another fan. This one I'll let go with a retraction. But, by Howard Mass, xfactor and I are rolling into Hades together.

No worries. I was just being facetious. The comment was in jest. I was half heartedly supporting your point about how you never know the education of those around you. I was being pretty sarcastic, but I also see how I came off like an arrogant **** :lol:

Return to The General Board