ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil will talk today at 2:30 - WRITEUP - pg 17

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Re: RE: Re: Phil will talk today at 2:30 - WRITEUP - pg 17 

Post#1261 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Mike Woodson didn't have any problems with Melo

Mike Woodson was a sh*tty coach
Mike Woodson had an ISO offense that let Carmelo shoot all day long.

match made in heaven

Woodson also has been the most successful coach, the best winning record and the only coach that has managed to get this team into the playoffs. At the end of the day the Knicks front office has failed to put a team out there (Anthony or not). There are not many players playing in the NBA that you can replace Anthony with and be expected to win anything with the players the Knicks front office (not just Jackson) has managed to put on the roster. Lebron James, maybe James Harden when D'Antoni was here. Who else? At the end of the day it's about building a team running a system where everything fit. The only time they managed to come close to doing that was in 2012 under Woodson when the Knicks were actually being talked about as a legit team to knock off Miami before they hit one of the hottest streaks in recent memory that the Pacers were on.

Woodson had the most talent (or at least he wound up with the roster most tailored to Melo), and then he had Kidd to be the coach on the floor.
Guy got exposed after Kidd left.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Phil will talk today at 2:30 - WRITEUP - pg 17 

Post#1262 » by NYKAL » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm

blueNorange wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
George Karl lost all credibility regarding players long before he Coached the Nuggets. His former players seem to loath him. Even went as far as saying he preferred to coach only roll players, that he couldn't deal with Star personalities. If that's the case, dude should be coaching for some College or HS.

Other than going over the top on personal stuff about Melo, Martin etc, the comments seem fairly accurate. He certainly wore thin on all his players but the guy kept having an NBA coaching job for a zillion years before he stopped coaching. Must be because he's a terrible coach who doesn't know what he's talking about.

lmaoo people don't want to admit it because karl is a garbage person, but everything he's ever said about melo is 100% accurate.

so, his comments about Melo and K-Marts lack of father figures was correct. They were offensive and should not have come out of his mouth.

Karl wrote Anthony and Martin not having fathers in their lives became a detriment to their personalities.

“Kenyon and Carmelo carried two big burdens: all that money and no father to show them how to act like a man,” Karl wrote.

First of all, he doesn't know what male figures Anthony had in his life. I had no Dad as a kid but, had plenty of uncles and older cousins to show me the way. Who the **** is he to say that.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1263 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 pm

NYKAL wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Other than going over the top on personal stuff about Melo, Martin etc, the comments seem fairly accurate. He certainly wore thin on all his players but the guy kept having an NBA coaching job for a zillion years before he stopped coaching. Must be because he's a terrible coach who doesn't know what he's talking about.

lmaoo people don't want to admit it because karl is a garbage person, but everything he's ever said about melo is 100% accurate.

so, his comments about Melo and K-Marts lack of father figures was correct. They were offensive and should not have come out of his mouth.

Karl wrote Anthony and Martin not having fathers in their lives became a detriment to their personalities.

“Kenyon and Carmelo carried two big burdens: all that money and no father to show them how to act like a man,” Karl wrote.

First of all, he doesn't know what male figures Anthony had in his life. I had no Dad as a kid but, had plenty of uncles and older cousins to show me the way. Who the **** is he to say that.

I don't care if any father or father figures showed Carmelo how to "act like a man" but I do wish they showed him how to move the ball a bit more
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1264 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 am

I had this stupid theory based on an extremely small sample size. Bad FO guys made good coaches.

PJax isn't disproving that theory :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#1265 » by NYKAL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lmaoo people don't want to admit it because karl is a garbage person, but everything he's ever said about melo is 100% accurate.

I don't care if any father or father figures showed Carmelo how to "act like a man" but I do wish they showed him how to move the ball a bit more

wasn't the point. We were talking about Karl and his lack of credibility, NOT Melo's deficiencies.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1266 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:21 pm

NYKAL wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

wasn't the point. We were talking about Karl and his lack of credibility, NOT Melo's deficiencies.

These are jokes

Return to New York Knicks