ImageImageImageImageImage

Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,953

Re: Fury #9 wins...err, Minny wins the coin toss! 

Post#661 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 pm

The Bronx wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
If anything doesn't him making the shot show him to be incompetent in following the team plan.

Like the guy who is told to miss the free throw so that we can rebound and get a field goal

Or the dumb ass who takes a 2 Pt field goal when we're down by 3 with 1 second left :crazy:

Yea I'm sure the Spurs would love someone like that who executes like a champion

So BOZO you are very much

:noway:

That game was basically an audition for his next contract. You think if he misses the shot, he'll get a contract from another team for helping the Knicks tank? Come on, that just sounds dumb.

You're just asking someone to basically look bad in the best interests of a team that will probably not bring him back next year. And no other team offers a reward to a player who just tanks on behalf of the team. No one.

:offtopic: Let's just agree to disagree AND agree that the Knick management dropped the ball on tanking during the end of the season.

Just like that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking Jordan Hill :meditate:

it's not off topic because you don't agree. you opened that door, counselor.

and they won some games intermittently down the stretch. it happens.

if it doesn't happen... you want doncic or something this year? show me your plan for 0-82.

but i think i get your plan when you suggest players should indeed be missing on purpose and throwing possessions away. maybe ndour should have called a couple bookies while he was at it? since he can't make a living as a basket maker, maybe he should get paid for putting the fix on.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#662 » by shtolky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

That game was basically an audition for his next contract. You think if he misses the shot, he'll get a contract from another team for helping the Knicks tank? Come on, that just sounds dumb.

You're just asking someone to basically look bad in the best interests of a team that will probably not bring him back next year. And no other team offers a reward to a player who just tanks on behalf of the team. No one.

:offtopic: Let's just agree to disagree AND agree that the Knick management dropped the ball on tanking during the end of the season.

Just like that year we won meaningless games at the end and ended up picking Jordan Hill :meditate:

if it doesn't happen... you want doncic or something this year? show me your plan for 0-82.

but i think i get your plan when you suggest players should indeed be missing on purpose and throwing possessions away. maybe ndour should have called a couple bookies while he was at it? since he can't make a living as a basket maker, maybe he should get paid for putting the fix on.

Plus I think we finished that season like 4-13, with one win in the middle of a 6 game losing streak and a 4 game losing streak. I think when people say we tanked poorly they literally think the players should just stand around with the ball and let the 24 second shot clock expire on every possession. A Knick rep literally should have tackled N'Dour on that final shot.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#663 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
The Bronx
Junior
And1: 142

Post#664 » by The Bronx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Ok "Knick Fan" go right ahead and justify why someone killing our chances of getting a 4, 5, or 6 pick in a deep draft is ok.

Our odds are now 1st (5.3), 2nd (6.0), 3rd (7.0), 4th (0), 5th (0), 6th (0), 7th (57.2), 8th (22.6), 9th (1.8)

when it could have been 1st (5.3), 2nd (6.0), 3rd (7.0), 4th (0), 5th (0), 6th (43.9), 7th (33.1), 8th (4.5), 9th (0.1)

Or better yet, guaranteed top 7 when we tied Orlando for the 4th spot. Other tanks never took there foot off the pedal, but we did....WHY? :crazy:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#665 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:08 am

The Bronx wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
The Bronx wrote:

Ok "Knick Fan" go right ahead and justify why someone killing our chances of getting a 4, 5, or 6 pick in a deep draft is ok.

Our odds are now 1st (5.3), 2nd (6.0), 3rd (7.0), 4th (0), 5th (0), 6th (0), 7th (57.2), 8th (22.6), 9th (1.8)

when it could have been 1st (5.3), 2nd (6.0), 3rd (7.0), 4th (0), 5th (0), 6th (43.9), 7th (33.1), 8th (4.5), 9th (0.1)

Or better yet, guaranteed top 7 when we tied Orlando for the 4th spot. Other tanks never took there foot off the pedal, but we did....WHY? :crazy:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
The Bronx
Junior

Post#666 » by The Bronx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:25 am

shtolky wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
The Bronx wrote:

Plus I think we finished that season like 4-13, with one win in the middle of a 6 game losing streak and a 4 game losing streak. I think when people say we tanked poorly they literally think the players should just stand around with the ball and let the 24 second shot clock expire on every possession. A Knick rep literally should have tackled N'Dour on that final shot.

The Bronx
Junior

Post#667 » by The Bronx » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 am

dakomish23 wrote:
The Bronx wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Yeah you're right getting a top 3 pick is disgusting.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#668 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 am

Players don't tank. Especially players who are worried about their future...a la contract year. Even more so when they get $50 a game and live out of a duffle bag.

Coaches don't tank because their careers are judged by W/L Championships etc. UNLESS it's a directive from up top it won't happen.

GM/PBO/Owners would be the ones wanting to tank...BUT...it's against the rules so....it's tricky.

The Knicks actually had the most talent BY far to even be in the lottery so, losing to really bad teams is hard to do without looking obvious.

Hope the lottery is rigged. You got a better chance that's true than getting a real tank. Silver is a Knicks fan.
:beer: RIP mags
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#669 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:40 am

The Bronx wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
The Bronx wrote:

Yeah you're right getting a top 3 pick is disgusting.

What you talking about Willis?

I'm pissed they messed up the tank. I'm with you. This organization is dumb as rocks.

What's disgusting is how they continue to fail

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#670 » by whocares1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:04 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Players don't tank. Especially players who are worried about their future...a la contract year. Even more so when they get $50 a game and live out of a duffle bag.

Coaches don't tank because their careers are judged by W/L Championships etc. UNLESS it's a directive from up top it won't happen.

GM/PBO/Owners would be the ones wanting to tank...BUT...it's against the rules so....it's tricky.

The Knicks actually had the most talent BY far to even be in the lottery so, losing to really bad teams is hard to do without looking obvious.

Hope the lottery is rigged. You got a better chance that's true than getting a real tank. Silver is a Knicks fan.

Minnesota has more talent yet they're slotted to pick ahead of us.
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#671 » by Little Italia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

Just watch we stay at 7 and Minny gets into the top 3. This Franchise will one day make me kill myself.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#672 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 am

The Bronx wrote:

You cant expect players who are fighting for their careers, pride and for themselves to lose games on purpose just to appease the fanbase. These players likely wont even be on the knicks in 2-3 seasons...whats the point in them helping the Knicks at the cost of making themselves look bad? Sasha/Baker/Ndour/Randle were all getting major minutes...What else should we have done other then tell the players to suck on purpose? Which they would never do and would leak out and be a PR nightmare.

Management kept the tank rolling. Its not like Melo played great last few games...Just had our young guys playing hard and they won us a few games. What can you do? It sucks but hopefully we still land a stud with our pick. We went 4-14 or 5-18 to end the season... Cant get much worse then that.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#673 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:14 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
The Bronx wrote:

You cant expect players who are fighting for their careers, pride and for themselves to lose games on purpose just to appease the fanbase. These players likely wont even be on the knicks in 2-3 seasons...whats the point in them helping the Knicks at the cost of making themselves look bad? Sasha/Baker/Ndour/Randle were all getting major minutes...What else should we have done other then tell the players to suck on purpose? Which they would never do and would leak out and be a PR nightmare.

Management kept the tank rolling. Its not like Melo played great last few games...Just had our young guys playing hard and they won us a few games. What can you do? It sucks but hopefully we still land a stud with our pick. We went 4-14 or 5-18 to end the season... Cant get much worse then that.

For last 15 games:
Just force them to play more "pure" triangle.

Put N'dour at SF and kill our spacing. We did it before to win and we sucked.
Baker-Vujacic-Ndour-KOQ-Willy would be enough to lose games in 4th quarters.

The real disappointment is about Phil Jackson's season plan.
He tried to win and failed miserably again! This time we didnt suck enough to secure 29th spot.

Phil Jackson didnt turn the direction to tanking at all.
If he simply traded D.Rose-C.Lee for dead contracts in trade deadline, that would give the message for coach and players.
I believe Hornacek cut some veteran minutes to play hungry young lads. Horny tried to win games. I dont blame him. He isnt the GM.
Our Pres/GM's plan failed. He didnt turn the ship to tanking.

Phil was lucky with Derek Fisher. Fisher sucked too much. If he coached that team little better Phil would have Kaminsky in his hands.
Now Phil needs chance again. Some weird lottery chance would bring Fultz here and bail Phil Jackson's ass out.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#674 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 am

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Players don't tank. Especially players who are worried about their future...a la contract year. Even more so when they get $50 a game and live out of a duffle bag.

They tanked and the talent isn't much different...and they have no experience as a whole. That's why we tied them. I'm talking about the teams in front of us. They should/could have been behind us.

Teams like PHI ORL
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#675 » by whocares1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

They tanked and the talent isn't much different...and they have no experience as a whole. That's why we tied them. I'm talking about the teams in front of us. They should/could have been behind us.

Teams like PHI ORL

They did not purposely tank. Towns and Wiggins and Rubio were all playing ridiculous amount of minutes. They just suck defensively.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#676 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Greenie wrote:
DievsZingis wrote:
god shammgod wrote:what a sh*t hobby this is.....really. the hell was i thinking as a kid.

I wish when my parents landed at Kennedy 40 years ago they would have said "you know what, **** this place, let's go to Texas". But noooo...skyscrapers.

Loyalty is a bitch, man.

Child abuse is real. Pass it down to your kid. Another Knick fan is born :banghead:

What the **** am I doing.........

Please, don't call CPS...I beg you.

Joking aside, it was cute though, he wouldn't look at the camera because he was actually watching the game. Once he learns how numbers work though, you know, bigger you win/smaller you lose, I don't think he's going to like this team :lol:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#677 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Teams like PHI ORL

They did not purposely tank. Towns and Wiggins and Rubio were all playing ridiculous amount of minutes. They just suck defensively.

So they don't have more talent. None of this changes what I said. It's circular discussion now that makes no difference. My post still makes perfect sense.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#678 » by Greenie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:56 pm

DievsZingis wrote:
Greenie wrote:
DievsZingis wrote:
I wish when my parents landed at Kennedy 40 years ago they would have said "you know what, **** this place, let's go to Texas". But noooo...skyscrapers.

Loyalty is a bitch, man.

Child abuse is real. Pass it down to your kid. Another Knick fan is born :banghead:

What the **** am I doing.........

Please, don't call CPS...I beg you.

Joking aside, it was cute though, he wouldn't look at the camera because he was actually watching the game. Once he learns how numbers work though, you know, bigger you win/smaller you lose, I don't think he's going to like this team :lol:

Awwwww

Yeah, he will hate them....just like we do.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#679 » by Synciere » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:If the basketball gods have spoken, they have said "We like tank" because that's exactly what Minny was doing losing twice to the Lakers. And they got rewarded for their effort.

Minnesota is exactly why the tank doesn't work. They have Towns, a player who's tank-worthy, Wiggins, another #1 pick, Lavine and Muhammad, two lottery picks, Rubio, a former #5 pick, Dieng, who was a #19 pick...... And for all of that, people believe tanks works and should be rewarded.

SMH
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,260

Post#680 » by DOT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Synciere wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:If the basketball gods have spoken, they have said "We like tank" because that's exactly what Minny was doing losing twice to the Lakers. And they got rewarded for their effort.

Minnesota is exactly why the tank doesn't work. They have Towns, a player who's tank-worthy, Wiggins, another #1 pick, Lavine and Muhammad, two lottery picks, Rubio, a former #5 pick, Dieng, who was a #19 pick...... And for all of that, people believe tanks works and should be rewarded.

SMH

I'm just wondering how they're gonna pay for all of that in a few years
With the way people have been paid recently, at least Towns, Wiggins, and LaVine are gonna be maxed, and then whoever they pick up this year probably as well.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks