Kristaps Porzingis Wants To Remain With Knicks, Doesn't Explain Skipped Meeting

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kristaps Porzingis Wants To Remain With Knicks, Doesn't Explain Skipped Meeting 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:44 am

Kristaps Porzingis will leave for Latvia this week without meeting with Phil Jackson but said it is not a signal he doesn't want to remain with the New York Knicks.

“Of course,” Porzingis told The Post at his luxury apartment complex in Manhattan, when asked if he wants to be a Knick next year. “I love New York. I love New York.”

The Knicks were not given an explanation for Porzingis' decision to skip his exit meeting with Jackson.

Porzingis is reportedly upset with the direction of the Knicks and their treatment of Carmelo Anthony.

On Wednesday, Porzingis declined to address why he missed the meeting with Jackson.

“It’s not the right moment to comment on anything [about it],” he said. “I don’t want to say anything.’’

“It wasn’t right,” said one individual familiar with Jackson’s feelings on the blow-off. “But Phil went through this with Kobe [Bryant] and Andrew [Bynum], when they were still young but started to sprout their opinions and rebelled. It worked for Kobe. Hopefully this will make Kristaps better in the long run.”

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Ad7
Sophomore
And1: 16

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Wants To Remain With Knicks, Doesn't Explain Skipped Meeting 

Post#2 » by Ad7 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am

buy low SELL HIGH.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Wants To Remain With Knicks, Doesn't Explain Skipped Meeting 

Post#3 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

It worked for Kobe :roll:
1 John 2 : 15-17
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#4 » by MegaK » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:09 pm

I don't blame Kristaps. Dude should be further developed by now. He's a good young player but he should be on the same level as Karl Anthony Towns which he clearly isn't yet. KAT will be in the All Star Game next year, not sure Kristaps will be in the Weak east. I completely understand his frustrations, the Knicks are a joke for yet another year and Phil has the personality of a sociopath, not sure what he's butt hurt about.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#5 » by adjacent2bench » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 pm

MegaK wrote:I don't blame Kristaps. Dude should be further developed by now. He's a good young player but he should be on the same level as Karl Anthony Towns which he clearly isn't yet. KAT will be in the All Star Game next year, not sure Kristaps will be in the Weak east. I completely understand his frustrations, the Knicks are a joke for yet another year and Phil has the personality of a sociopath, not sure what he's butt hurt about.

Same level as Towns?

There's a reason why Towns was the clear cut #1 pick!
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#6 » by dan-man » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Regardless of the team drama, the guy is clearly just a child and has a lot to learn. Have some professionalism and protect your reputation for a long career ahead.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 am

dan-man wrote:Regardless of the team drama, the guy is clearly just a child and has a lot to learn. Have some professionalism and protect your reputation for a long career ahead.

this doesn't hurt his reputation.. Phil Jackson is a 71 year old child and he's fine.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,247

Post#8 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:28 am

Phil is being paid a lot of money to screw up Porzingis. "Try some Zen, and, meditate on triangles, and, I'll get another lousy coach for you next year, and remember, there is no I in team. That's why I want to trade our best player and sign some more bad ones, cause I make bad players better - look at my success rate.

Kristaps: "Uh, Phil, you had the best players on the planet. Jordan, Shaq and Kobe. You didn't win, They did. Later fool.

God only knows what Jackson Exit meetings are like. He's probably stoned during them anyway. Taps didn't want to meet with the fool, I don't blame him. Is it unprofessional - sure. But he's smart enough to know the Knicks blew it by hiring Jackson and giving him full power.
Go NY Go NY Go
EnriCela13
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#9 » by EnriCela13 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 am

Other stars will see how Kristaps is standing up for his fellow star player and team leader and they'll respect it. Ppl around the league are watching Phil talk **** about LeBron's "posse" and talk **** about Melo who's d**k he sucked to stay here and they getting a sour taste in their mouth. At least guys will still want to play with kristaps and won't assume he's part of the Phil agenda.
Dolphin Lips
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#10 » by Dolphin Lips » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:29 am

Is that English?

KP should be on his knees blowing Phil for taking him - remember when Zingis got booed out the garden? No, because you listen to ESPN and you're sooooo cool.

Phil scouted him from Latvia and took heat all offseason - give Phil his credit - Zingis was supposed to be the next Darko, never will be Nowitzki, etc... don't bite the hand the fed you

On a side note - it's everyone's fault but Melo - just ask D'antoni, Jason Kidd, George Karl, Iverson, Mike Woodson
STOP STEALING MY AVATARS

shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#11 » by shawn_hemp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Dolphin Lips wrote:Is that English?

KP should be on his knees blowing Phil for taking him - remember when Zingis got booed out the garden? No, because you listen to ESPN and you're sooooo cool.

Phil scouted him from Latvia and took heat all offseason - give Phil his credit - Zingis was supposed to be the next Darko, never will be Nowitzki, etc... don't bite the hand the fed you

On a side note - it's everyone's fault but Melo - just ask D'antoni, Jason Kidd, George Karl, Iverson, Mike Woodson

Yeah I find it laughable how many people conveniently forget that KP was considered a terrible pick at the time

People were actually calling for Phil Jackson to step down

Porzingis also refused to work out for the Sixers due to our "losing culture"

He seems a bit immature and ungrateful tbh. I understand the Knicks werent what you thought they would be but you cant kick and scream to get drafted where you want and then turn around and boo hoo about it when things don't work out.

And how is skipping an exit interview going to work anything out? I'd imagine Phil Jackson has a lot more experience in dealing with team chemistry than you do, considering he was dominating the 90s while you were still in diapers and had to manage the biggest superstar the game has ever seen and that's not even bringing up Dennis Rodman

And don't blame the triangle for their problems, the Knicks just aren't very good

Return to Wiretap Discussion