Will ANY NBA team visit the white house?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kevin Johnson
Analyst
And1: 7,835

Re: Will ANY NBA team visit the white house? 

Post#141 » by Kevin Johnson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:12 am

jswede wrote:but all these liberal narratives are wearing off as time exposes them as being made-up. whatever team wins will definitely visit the white house.

+1 Can't wait until the liberal narratives of global warming and evolution are debunked
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,426

Post#142 » by Myth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:19 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
Myth wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:
Only seven player are skipping. The rest are going.

And no, I don't see a NBA team skipping the White House visit.

I thought I read over half did not attend. Like 34 skipped is what I thought I read, not 7.

If 34 players skipped, the White House would have canceled the entire ceremony. It would basically be Kraft and Belichick

There are over 60 people on the active roster.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,428

Post#143 » by shmeakone » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Well... if the Utah Jazz or Indiana Pacers somehow win the title, they're certainly attending.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#144 » by Ganji » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Crooked-I wrote:Image

Is everyone sure only 7 Patriots opted out? lol

EDIT: maybe this picture is fake news like Trumps small inauguration crowd size.

it was fake news

The Patriots continued to fact-check fake news in real-time, noting: “Comparable photos: The last time the #Patriots won two Super Bowls in three years, 36 players visited the White House. Today, we had 34.”

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#145 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:27 pm

NBA players will not go. Our league is more voical politically. To players and coaching staff.

Ownerships a few back trump in what he doing I know bulls owner is pro trump.

But you got guys like Cuban who dislike him
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,711

Post#146 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Peja Stojakovic wrote:trump isn't actually that much more odious than ghw bush and craig hodges got blacklisted from the league for not going to see him

i wd have to imagine 12 or 13 out of 15 players and every coach wd go and plaster on smiles then later say they did it out of respect for "our brave men and women in uniform" or the office or something

George HW Bush was a WW2 pilot who led the cleanest war in American history and refused to endorse Trump.

Trump dodged the draft, said John McCain and POWS aren't War Heros, said he "felt" like he was a member of the military, and appealed to racists during him campaign.

Please don't compare the two. (And I'm not saying George HW Bush was a great president.)
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#147 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Ganji wrote:

EDIT: maybe this picture is fake news like Trumps small inauguration crowd size.

it was fake news

The Patriots continued to fact-check fake news in real-time, noting: “Comparable photos: The last time the #Patriots won two Super Bowls in three years, 36 players visited the White House. Today, we had 34.”

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Not totally fake but it is a lie on both sides at according to some reports at least 30 players didn't show up.

Brady is a known trump supporter. Most likely that other photo uses more staffers (NFL) than players.

Edit: 68 were invited. Half decided not to go.
https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/34-patriots-players-make-trip-to-white-house-34-dont/amp/
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#148 » by shangrila » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Some wouldn't. The Warriors for sure, and if the Spurs go it will be without Pop. Same with Cleveland and Lebron. At least judging by their public opinions. Also, now that I think about it Lebron probably strong arms the rest of the team into not going so I'd say they're a lock to skip it.

Personally, it'd seem disrespectful to the position and a little childish frankly but it's their call.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#149 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Ganji wrote:

it was fake news

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Not totally fake but it is a lie on both sides at according to some reports at least 30 players didn't show up.

Brady is a known trump supporter. Most likely that other photo uses more staffers (NFL) than players.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/34-patriots-players-make-trip-to-white-house-34-dont/amp/

Brady didn't go in 2015 either.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#150 » by Simmons25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Choker wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:
Bankai wrote:Except Obama wouldnt and didnt. Thats his character. Tim Thomas didnt want to meet Obama and that was his right. NBA teams met with Bush just fine.

Or maybe more people just dont like Trump is because he looks like a Devil with funny hair.

Obama didn't bomb parts of the Middle East and he didn't have an immigration ban ? Are we gonna play that game?

When did he have an immigration ban?

2011. The State Department under Obama's administration put a 6 month ban on immigration from Iraq.... just like Trump did and for the same reasons Trump did.

It was in response to finding 2 refugees Obama had let into the country from Iraq whilst he was asleep at the wheel.... were actually terrorists that killed Americans in Iraq. Just like ISIS said they would do.... they'd use terrorists masked as refugees to infiltrate the US.

The left want to deny it's the same as Trump having an immigrant ban... even though the reasons were exactly the same. National security. The numbers don't lie no matter how much Obama does.

2010 - 18,251 refugees from Iraq
2011 - 6,339 refugees from Iraq <---- The 6 month Obama ban... that apparantly never happened.
2012 - 16,369 refugees from Iraq

Also the 7 countries that Trump banned.... were the 7 countries the State Department created under Obama's administration... as "Countries of concern" for sponsoring terrorism. Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. The left media spin of course was that Trump made the list himself... and that he didn't include Saudi Arabia because he has business interests there... when it was actually Obama who made the list not Trump.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#151 » by Slava » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

If y'all start debating political policy here, I'm going to have to ask you to do it in the current affairs forum and lock this one.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,891

Post#152 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Simmons25 wrote:

Ouch. Now don't you look a little silly.

You know it's bad... when the New York times post yet another anti-Trump article that is so fake... that even the New England Patriots come out and call you out for #fakenews.

Read on Twitter

So New York Times.... posted a "retraction" in the form of an "update" which hardly anyone has seen.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd the New York Times lied... AGAIN within their update.... by saying 34 visited today vs 50 in 2015. WRONG.

So the New England Patriots... had to once again correct the #Fakenews of the New York Times... where in fact 36 players visited in 2015... not 50 as the New York Compost claimed.

Read on Twitter

So at what point... do you guys finally realise that its the Mainstream Media that is the one feeding the BS.... and that THEY are the fake news?

The NY Times made a mistake for sure. Trump is an idiot for caring about this though. I honestly think his tweet makes him look worse than the NY Times.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,137

Post#153 » by Froob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Ganji wrote:

it was fake news

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

There is actually no evidence of Brady being a Trump supporter. All he has ever said is Trump is his friend and we have proof Brady's wife is certainly not a Trump supporter. Just a lie people have ran with and decided Brady is the biggest MAGA guy there despite there being no real proof that is true. Just as fake as the claim there was like ten Patriots players at the white house.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
samfisher83
Junior
And1: 366

Post#154 » by samfisher83 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:

Already been debunked

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-have-34-players-present-trump-white-house-visit

34 Players did not go.
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#155 » by Crooked-I » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Simmons25 wrote:

You know it's bad... when the New York times post yet another anti-Trump article that is so fake... that even the New England Patriots come out and call you out for #fakenews.

Read on Twitter

So New York Times.... posted a "retraction" in the form of an "update" which hardly anyone has seen.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd the New York Times lied... AGAIN within their update.... by saying 34 visited today vs 50 in 2015. WRONG.

So the New England Patriots... had to once again correct the #Fakenews of the New York Times... where in fact 36 players visited in 2015... not 50 as the New York Compost claimed.

Read on Twitter

So at what point... do you guys finally realise that its the Mainstream Media that is the one feeding the BS.... and that THEY are the fake news?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-have-34-players-present-trump-white-house-visit

(you don't really look silly, but you said it first)

EDIT: What a **** storm i caused posting that pic lmao.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#156 » by Crooked-I » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:28 pm

samfisher83 wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:

Already been debunked

34 Players did not go.

Fake news.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,920

Post#157 » by Senbonzakura » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 pm

shangrila wrote:Some wouldn't. The Warriors for sure, and if the Spurs go it will be without Pop. Same with Cleveland and Lebron. At least judging by their public opinions. Also, now that I think about it Lebron probably strong arms the rest of the team into not going so I'd say they're a lock to skip it.

Personally, it'd seem disrespectful to the position and a little childish frankly but it's their call.

Was this your view when Brady didn't go to Obama's white house?
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Post#158 » by cocktailswith_2short » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm sure President Trump cries into his pillow every night worrying about this.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#159 » by RaptorRed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Froob wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:
Ganji wrote:it was fake news

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

There is actually no evidence of Brady being a Trump supporter. All he has ever said is Trump is his friend and we have proof Brady's wife is certainly not a Trump supporter. Just a lie people have ran with and decided Brady is the biggest MAGA guy there despite there being no real proof that is true. Just as fake as the claim there was like ten Patriots players at the white house.

What you talking about ? They are friends and he supports trump = he is a trump supporter . Here is your evidence :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-brady-donald-trump_us_55f9ae7ee4b0d6492d63eee7
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#160 » by RaptorRed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Senbonzakura wrote:If you're a Trump supporter you're either an idiot or a racist, misogynist, islamophobe or the like.

Senbonzakura wrote:

Amazing statement. keep up the hypocrisy
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."

Return to The General Board