The Warriors are better without KD

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#61 » by The_Hater » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Its a legitimate point.

The Warriors defense seems to improve a lot without him.

I don't know why, but they just play better when he's out.

Statically, you're quite wrong about the Warriors defense being better without him. One game doesn't change that.

Record wise they're also much worse without him.

The Warriors are very good with or without KD but sometimes people's perceptions just don't meet reality.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
10DayContract
Starter
And1: 2,267

Post#62 » by 10DayContract » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

If KD was just on GS in the 4th of Game 7 of the Finals and no other time, they'd be champions right now. He's the "all else fails, give it to KD and get the **** out of the way" contingency plan. As great as GS is, they really don't have an iso player who can get to the free throw line at will. He is that.
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,307

Post#63 » by nbafan38 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Patches Perry wrote:They're not better without him. He is too good to not be an asset, but he might make no difference in the outcome of the season. If they lose Durant they probably still finish 1st seed and with the Cavs struggles this year, they probably still win the title. So while they're a better team with him, he will affect the outcome very little if any.

I think this sums up why others are so upset with him. He is so talented and it feels like he's such a waste of talent on a team that doesn't really need that talent to win. There's just a feeling of like imagine what he could contribute to the league if he's on another team.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#64 » by Impuniti » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

10DayContract wrote:If KD was just on GS in the 4th of Game 7 of the Finals and no other time, they'd be champions right now. He's the "all else fails, give it to KD and get the **** out of the way" contingency plan. As great as GS is, they really don't have an iso player who can get to the free throw line at will. He is that.

That will be a huge difference in the final if the trilogy happens.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,382

Post#65 » by JXL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Why is this even a debate? Cause they're playing the Blazers?

Did you see their schedule down the stretch? Only the Spurs and Rockets were threats, and the Dubs pounded them, and in the 1st meeting in SA, both teams' best players didn't play.

They're still that damn good w/o KD, it's called chemistry. If they face playoff versions of the Cavs or Spurs, they will need KD cause he gets the best opposing player to guard him, freeing Steph and Klay to do their thing. This is not even a debate, even with that record. Absurd.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 10,486

Post#66 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm

nbafan38 wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:They're not better without him. He is too good to not be an asset, but he might make no difference in the outcome of the season. If they lose Durant they probably still finish 1st seed and with the Cavs struggles this year, they probably still win the title. So while they're a better team with him, he will affect the outcome very little if any.

I think this sums up why others are so upset with him. He is so talented and it feels like he's such a waste of talent on a team that doesn't really need that talent to win. There's just a feeling of like imagine what he could contribute to the league if he's on another team.

kd's move to gsw is by far the weakest move made in nba history
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#67 » by DingleJerry » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm

This thread should be locked imo. This is not even a debatable discussion.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ndugu Kamala
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#68 » by Ndugu Kamala » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

According to who? If it's just from people on boards, then it doesn't mean zilch.

Check the official NBA TV Ratings and Jersey Sales and I guarantee the NBA doesn't see it as the "weakest move made in nba history."
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#69 » by Edrees » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I like how you ignored post all star break where they were in God mode with them.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#70 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm

SimonFish wrote:yes and the cavs are better without lebron, spurs are better without kawhi.

Ya got 6 "and 1's" for THIS!? lol

The comparison makes no sense AT ALL. Sure...add Durant to Spurs or Cavs and THEN say take Kawhi or LB off.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#71 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Warrior fan here....I don't agree....

HOWEVER... I do think that the Warriors play a MORE EFFICIENT and more elegant brand of hoops without Durant. I think the are a better team operationally without Durant because Durant has 8 years of ball stopping habits....

For the Warriors to take a NEXT step..and sorry league..there is a higher ceiling for this team, Durant needs to stop holding the ball. He needs to move it move it move it!
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#72 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

According to who? If it's just from people on boards, then it doesn't mean zilch.

Check the official NBA TV Ratings and Jersey Sales and I guarantee the NBA doesn't see it as the "weakest move made in nba history."

there will always be millions of bandwagoners, doesn't mean this wasn't the weakest move ever competitive wise
sfhand
Senior
And1: 323

Post#73 » by sfhand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 pm

baldur wrote:
mesomorph wrote:
rcontador wrote:
Steph Curry was injured in the 2016 playoffs.

He was injured during playoffs and he was healthy during finals :wink:

cavs fans dont bring up the total absences of kevin love and kyrie irving during 2015 finals as often as warriors fan bring up the unnoticeable impact of curry's injury during the 2016 finals. not to mention curry actually played in the finals.

I guess you missed all the "dubs were lucky" and "asterisk" posts after they beat the Cavs.
Ndugu Kamala
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#74 » by Ndugu Kamala » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:

there will always be millions of bandwagoners, doesn't mean this wasn't the weakest move ever competitive wise

The NBA welcomes the millions of bandwagoners because they generate profit. More so than people typing on general boards.
sfhand
Senior

Post#75 » by sfhand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

WTF does that even mean? Lets talk about where you work... and why you work there... and how weak you are for choosing to work there. And if you don't work, well...
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#76 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:

The NBA welcomes the millions of bandwagoners because they generate profit. More so than people typing on general boards.

nba is making bank sure, doesn't change the fact that kd's move to gsw was the weakest move ever made competitive wise
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#77 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 pm

sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
nbafan38 wrote:

WTF does that even mean? Lets talk about where you work... and why you work there... and how weak you are for choosing to work there. And if you don't work, well...

what's there to understand? kd going to gsw was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen. was it not?
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#78 » by Froob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Agreed, Dubs messed up. Should have signed Tyler Zeller.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
sfhand
Senior

Post#79 » by sfhand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:

what's there to understand? kd going to gsw was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen. was it not?

So you base your employment choices on how your choice affects your employer's competitors and not on your personal happiness. Right...
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#80 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 pm

sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
sfhand wrote:

So you base your employment choices on how your choice affects your employer's competitors and not on your personal happiness. Right...

i'm sure he is happy, they just wrecked blazers with him riding the bench in a playoff game. again, this was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen.

Return to The General Board