Russell Westbrook Claims To Not Care About 51/10/13 Line After Game 2 Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook Claims To Not Care About 51/10/13 Line After Game 2 Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Russell Westbrook sat with his head buried in his phone for 25 straight minutes texting his family and friends after Oklahoma City Thunder dropped Game 2 to the Houston Rockets 115-111.

Westbrook had 51 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds.

"I don't give a f--- about the line," Westbrook said. "We lost."

Westbrook went 4-for-18 in the fourth quarter.

"We can't give away leads like that on the road, man," Westbrook said. "It's too difficult."

Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Russell Westbrook Claims To Not Care About 51/10/13 Line After Game 2 Loss 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Those 14 missed shots are the most valuable.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm

"Claims"... Of course he doesn't care. He's probably embarrassed.

How about you report what he said and leave your opinions about the truthfulness of his statement at home!

Just the facts, ma'am.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#4 » by Freefloater » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Then he should have passed more to Waiters
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
Jim Dolan
Starter
And1: 470

Post#5 » by Jim Dolan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 pm

i dont get to watch this man play too often, but does he stop passing after getting 10 assists?
stl705
Senior
And1: 152

Post#6 » by stl705 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Jim Dolan wrote:i dont get to watch this man play too often, but does he stop passing after getting 10 assists?

The amazing part is that his teammates made 10 baskets.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#7 » by hyberx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 am

It's funny to some and the so-called commentators that when a player took all the shots and his team still lose, it's always "he has nobody else to pass to". In reality, there are 4 of his team mates who stood there like they are sitting on front row seat watching their "star" chucking up 3 pointers with a defender right in front of his face and hoping his shot would fall so he would be the hero.

Great system teams like Spurs and Warriors always have somebody from the bench, even end of the bench, to step up and take big shots any moment. Good teams like Jazz are the same, always a team game/system and sharing the ball.

When you don't have someone to pass to, that means your coaching staff sucked at developing a team/system and your top player sucked at sharing the ball. Same case for Paul George, losing to a Cavs team that did nothing but one on one ball then blame his team mate for taking a last second open shot when he was doubled. Stop putting lipsticks on it and call it what it is, that these teams/players are not that good at team ball which is what really works in today's league.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#8 » by shadrock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 am

stl705 wrote:
Jim Dolan wrote:i dont get to watch this man play too often, but does he stop passing after getting 10 assists?

Steven Adams, Taj Gibson, Oladipo, Andre Roberson, Kanter, Doug McDermott, Sabonis. That is NOT a bad supporting cast. The fact that they are all playing below their usual standards is more a sign of the style the team is playing. Adams was damn near the best center in the league last year and now hes apparently a scrub? I dont think so dude.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#9 » by tiderulz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 am

shadrock wrote:
stl705 wrote:

Steven Adams, Taj Gibson, Oladipo, Andre Roberson, Kanter, Doug McDermott, Sabonis. That is NOT a bad supporting cast. The fact that they are all playing below their usual standards is more a sign of the style the team is playing. Adams was damn near the best center in the league last year and now hes apparently a scrub? I dont think so dude.

its not a good supporting cast either. None of those players are really good offensive players and Sabonis is a rookie without a lot of playing time. Adams was not close to being the best center in the league. His offensive short comings have been evident for awhile now.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:34 am

hyberx wrote:It's funny to some and the so-called commentators that when a player took all the shots and his team still lose, it's always "he has nobody else to pass to". In reality, there are 4 of his team mates who stood there like they are sitting on front row seat watching their "star" chucking up 3 pointers with a defender right in front of his face and hoping his shot would fall so he would be the hero.

Great system teams like Spurs and Warriors always have somebody from the bench, even end of the bench, to step up and take big shots any moment. Good teams like Jazz are the same, always a team game/system and sharing the ball.

When you don't have someone to pass to, that means your coaching staff sucked at developing a team/system and your top player sucked at sharing the ball. Same case for Paul George, losing to a Cavs team that did nothing but one on one ball then blame his team mate for taking a last second open shot when he was doubled. Stop putting lipsticks on it and call it what it is, that these teams/players are not that good at team ball which is what really works in today's league.

then why cant any of those players score while Russ sits to rest?
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#11 » by hyberx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:01 pm

tiderulz wrote:
hyberx wrote:It's funny to some and the so-called commentators that when a player took all the shots and his team still lose, it's always "he has nobody else to pass to". In reality, there are 4 of his team mates who stood there like they are sitting on front row seat watching their "star" chucking up 3 pointers with a defender right in front of his face and hoping his shot would fall so he would be the hero.

That's exactly the failure of the coaching staff. You had a whole season to develop your 2nd/3rd units for situation when your star sits.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 pm

hyberx wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

That's exactly the failure of the coaching staff. You had a whole season to develop your 2nd/3rd units for situation when your star sits.

Yeah, If your entire game plan is to "let Russ be Russ" than your game plan rests when Russ does.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#13 » by BallerTalk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:39 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:Yeah, If your entire game plan is to "let Russ be Russ" than your game plan rests when Russ does.

Boom goes the dynamite!
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
The Bronx
Junior
And1: 142

Post#14 » by The Bronx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:57 pm

Wow, 51/10/13

Some people can't even post have of that 25/5/6