The Warriors are better without KD

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

sfhand
Senior
And1: 323

Re: The Warriors are better without KD 

Post#81 » by sfhand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
what's there to understand? kd going to gsw was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen. was it not?

So you base your employment choices on how your choice affects your employer's competitors and not on your personal happiness. Right...

i'm sure he is happy, they just wrecked blazers with him riding the bench in a playoff game. again, this was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen.

Wrong, as a dubs fan I can guarantee the moves of the Warriors franchise during the barren years were the most noncompetitive moves the league has ever seen. Furthermore, I dispute the notion that players taking advantage of free agency even qualifies for the discussion. Of course, people with hypocritical views never examine their own choices or hold them to the standards they try to apply to others.
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#82 » by baller16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Do not bait.

Thanks,

KT
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,485

Post#83 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:41 pm

sikma42 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:He will be big when GS plays the Spurs. The Spurs start a perimeter of Parker, Green, Kawhi. Without KD they could just put KD on Steph and Green on Klay and just hide Parker on McCaw or Barnes. With KD in the lineup, Kawhi is going to be on KD and that makes life a whole lot easier on Steph and Klay. That means one of Steph or Klay is going to have Tony Parker on them, that will be a huge mismatch. With Steph, Klay and KD out there at the same time, you just cant hide any poor defenders.

Mispost

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Huh?
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#84 » by xfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
TheBullsDynasty wrote:There's one tiny detail that everyone seems to be forgetting. Thanks to Barnes last year, Cavs were able to put Lebron on Curry on both offense and defense.

Now that they have Durant, Lebron will need to defend Durant instead of Curry because Love and TT won't ve able to defend him for sure.

Cavs are royally screwed in June.

Not
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#85 » by xfactor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 pm

10DayContract wrote:If KD was just on GS in the 4th of Game 7 of the Finals and no other time, they'd be champions right now. He's the "all else fails, give it to KD and get the **** out of the way" contingency plan. As great as GS is, they really don't have an iso player who can get to the free throw line at will. He is that.

Absolutely correct.
Ndugu Kamala
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#86 » by Ndugu Kamala » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
there will always be millions of bandwagoners, doesn't mean this wasn't the weakest move ever competitive wise

The NBA welcomes the millions of bandwagoners because they generate profit. More so than people typing on general boards.

nba is making bank sure, doesn't change the fact that kd's move to gsw was the weakest move ever made competitive wise

So where would you have liked Durant to go? Because I'm sure whatever team you suggest, another poster, who feels that their team is more inferior than yours, will also claim that Durant's move was the weakest move ever made competitive wise."

And the NBA's profit margin, will continue to say otherwise.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,360

Post#87 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm

They've been playing without Durant for a couple of years so it's easy for them.They already have that chemistry, but as you saw in the reg season and last nights game. Sometimes they go into droughts because everything is based off of motion etc, with KD you can just give him the ball and tell you to either get a bucket or free throws. Putting a guy like that with an elite ball movement team is unfair lol. So, no they aren't better without him.
Plata o Plomo?
Bulls03
General Manager
And1: 1,825

Post#88 » by Bulls03 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Let him join the Bulls if that's how you feel.
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#89 » by Dame Lizard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 pm

I don't think this has any truth to it imo.

If we just consider Games 1 and 2 of the playoffs, Portland's offense was on fire in Game 1, whilst it was horrendous in Game 2.

As others have said, given GSW have been elite without KD, they don't have any trouble turning it on without him- but that doesn't make them a more dangerous team.

Sent from my R7g using RealGM mobile app
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#90 » by JordansBulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:17 pm

xfactor wrote:
rcontador wrote:Every time he sits out they switch back into 2016 Warriors god mode. He comes back and they still win, but it's clunky, and upsets come easier. They'll win the title with or without him, because they have 10x the talent of anybody else... but it's time to call a spade a spade. He makes them worse.

Just a reminder. The 2016 'god mode' Warriors are NOT the champions.

That's because Steph Curry didn't play as well in the playoffs nor finals like he did in the season.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 10,486

Post#91 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm

sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
sfhand wrote:
So you base your employment choices on how your choice affects your employer's competitors and not on your personal happiness. Right...

i'm sure he is happy, they just wrecked blazers with him riding the bench in a playoff game. again, this was the most uncompetitive move this league has ever seen.

Wrong, as a dubs fan I can guarantee the moves of the Warriors franchise during the barren years were the most noncompetitive moves the league has ever seen. Furthermore, I dispute the notion that players taking advantage of free agency even qualifies for the discussion. Of course, people with hypocritical views never examine their own choices or hold them to the standards they try to apply to others.

sure, teams have made bad/uncompetitive moves throughout the nba history. there has never been a player of kd's caliber who stacked the deck as much he did though. up 3-1 in wcf and you play bad to close out the series and decide to join that very same team who embarrassed you 1 month later? this is about competitiveness, these guys are paid millionaires wherever they play so i don't think it's fair to compare their situations to average joe's.
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#92 » by dynamic duo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:
The NBA welcomes the millions of bandwagoners because they generate profit. More so than people typing on general boards.

nba is making bank sure, doesn't change the fact that kd's move to gsw was the weakest move ever made competitive wise

So where would you have liked Durant to go? Because I'm sure whatever team you suggest, another poster, who feels that their team is more inferior than yours, will also claim that Durant's move was the weakest move ever made competitive wise."

any team not named warriors and i don't think there would have been any problems with majority of fans. but he decided to join the best regular season of all time who were minute away from winning another title with back to back mvp the last one being the first unanimous mvp in league history.
Ndugu Kamala
Sophomore
And1: 121

Post#93 » by Ndugu Kamala » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:

any team not named warriors and i don't think there would have been any problems with majority of fans. but he decided to join the best regular season of all time who were minute away from winning another title with back to back mvp the last one being the first unanimous mvp in league history.

There is not a problem with the majority of fans now. And the proof is in the NBA ratings. Share your evidence that the majority of fans have a problem with KD's move.
sfhand
Senior
And1: 323

Post#94 » by sfhand » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
sfhand wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:

sure, teams have made bad/uncompetitive moves throughout the nba history. there has never been a player of kd's caliber who stacked the deck as much he did though. up 3-1 in wcf and you play bad to close out the series and decide to join that very same team who embarrassed you 1 month later? this is about competitiveness, these guys are paid millionaires wherever they play so i don't think it's fair to compare their situations to average joe's.

Well, given that players are human beings who put their pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else I think they should be held to the same standards as everyone else. Also, a team's overall competitiveness roster-wise is the primary responsibility of a front office; the players compete on the court. A player exercising their free agency options is a human being acting in their own self interest just like anyone else making a job change.

I don't buy into the whole "leaving for the team that beat you" shtick, Rodman had no problems playing for the Bulls, Malone and Payton had no problems playing for the Lakers. And, if it doesn't bother KD why should it bother you? You really don't know how you would react were you walking a mile in his shoes because you are not walking that mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, you are saying because he is a world class athlete he should be held to a higher standard than you, well I don't see it that way.

And... as I have posted many times... LA leaving the Blazers for the Spurs was very similar to KD leaving the Thunder for the dubs and there was no outcry whatsoever that I am aware of.

And I'll finish with, my problem with Lebron leaving for the Heat was the way it was promoted as a media event with no regard for the fans left behind. The players fought for and won free agency rights which means they can act in their own self interest NOT yours.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#95 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Hey ...different question....want your takes.

Would the Warriors be dramatically better replacing Durant with Anthony Davis?

My theory is that the Warriors would be dramatically better because the team would have the same core 73 win pieces but they would majorly upgrade the center spot and have a perfectly balanced team.

Same question on Warriors board was met with mixed responses....Thoughts?
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 10,993

Post#96 » by SerialChiller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Simply...no team is better off without a player like that. KD is a legit top 2-3 player in the league so hell no. He's still a weak a** b**** tho lol.
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#97 » by dynamic duo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 am

Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:

There is not a problem with the majority of fans now. And the proof is in the NBA ratings. Share your evidence that the majority of fans have a problem with KD's move.

you keep bringing up ratings as a proof that kd's move to gsw wasn't weak. people like to watch villains, superteams etc. still the weakest move ever made by a star/superstar competitive wise.

"this was the hardest road because I don't know anybody here," durant said.

please.

“if I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me,” durant said.

i wonder why kd
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,135

Post#98 » by Edrees » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:11 am

dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:

you keep bringing up ratings as a proof that kd's move to gsw wasn't weak. people like to watch villains, superteams etc. still the weakest move ever made by a star/superstar competitive wise.

please.

“if I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me,” durant said.

i wonder why kd

Do people love to buy the jerseys of weak players too? Because his is top 3 in sales. I'd love to hear your explanation why people are more willing to buy his jersey over every player not named Lebron or Curry. Golden State fans aren't enough, as Klay Thompson is only at #13 and Draymond green isn't anywhere near this list.
dynamic duo
Analyst

Post#99 » by dynamic duo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 am

Edrees wrote:
dynamic duo wrote:
Ndugu Kamala wrote:

please.

i wonder why kd

Do people love to buy the jerseys of weak players too? Because his is top 3 in sales.

point? superstars will always sell jerseys. there are millions of kd fans around the world and they will keep buying his jersey whatever team he is on.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#100 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

It's simple, if you're an opposing team would you really prefer to guard KD instead of Harrison Barnes?

Also, Warriors were on pace for another 70 win season before KD got injured, and this is considered a transition year. If a team is getting 70 wins in a transition year then that's a hell of a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#DubNation

Return to The General Board