ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 / 2018 Season FA/Trade Wishing Well

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Re: 2017 FA/Trade Wishing Well - 5 Card Stud Edition 

Post#541 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:31 pm

I just don't understand why the Heat would want Melo unless they think they can get someone else too... Maybe they lure Wade back for one last and final run? And they'd surely need Winslow's defense if they get Melo right? It just doesn't seem like something that makes sense for the Heat.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#542 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I just don't understand why the Heat would want Melo unless they think they can get someone else too... Maybe they lure Wade back for one last and final run? And they'd surely need Winslow's defense if they get Melo right? It just doesn't seem like something that makes sense for the Heat.

I mentioned in the Melo trade thread that it really only makes sense if they get word that Wade wants to come back (which is def possible...especially with Melo going there).

Dragic | Tyler
Wade | Waiters
JRich | Ellington | Babbitt
Melo | JJohnson
Whiteside | Reed

That's a playoff team, and they'd still have the 14th pick (tho I'd hope to get both Winslow and the pick, but if it's only 1, then Justise 4sure).

They could package it with someone like Ellington for a better option at the 3...maybe add a little more and look at someone like MKG for example, and bring JRich off the bench.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#543 » by dakomish23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 am

Ben McLemore is guy I wanted us to go after for a year+, who now will officially become an UFA.

His post ASB #'s

11.5 PPG
3.4 RPG
0.8 APG
45% FG%
40% 3PT%
74% FT%

A nice smaller deal for multiple years would be a solid look for this team. Just turned 24 so he fits more along the timeline of the guys we want to build around.

I doubt they'd be smart and let it roll it over. At least please spend it on younger guys with some upside.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#544 » by Chuck-Cheese » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

much of that depends on the playoffs

if Boston loses in the first in 5, for example, they may well be open to a major trade

If Chi beats them they will probably hold onto Butler
Indy will try to hold onto George IMO

melo becomes a target for Boston

If they do get the top 1 or 2 pick and dont select Jackson then we have a solid chance at Crowder and Bradley for Melo with a future pick of some sort added to us
why would hebe a target if they loose in 5. I think Ainge would look at it completely opposite and build with this years pick, brown, zizic, smart, etc. Plus adding Melo at the cost of Bradley and Crowder makes them worse in the short term. Ainge would never trade Crowders contract for an aiging Melo. That would be crazy.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,607

Post#545 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 am

damn imagine if we had Robin Lopez on this team, though!
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#546 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am

There are 5 destinations for Melo that might make sense

Chicago if they keep this up and don't wanna rebuild, absorb him with capspace+random contract, they have some okay-ish youngsters and their 1st.

LA if they fail, either Redick/Griffin leave and they get Melo in a 3-way deal as a S&T of either of those 2.

there are 3 more that are unlikey for different reasons but still possible,

Cleveland, if they fail miserably and Love gets mocked.
Charlotte, we know MJ loves Melo and viceverse, unlikely that Melo says yes to it but who knows.
Washington, it does make sense on paper but not money wise, it will only work if we take Mahinmi or Gortat back in the deal along with Jason Smith and the only young piece they will send us it's probably Oubre, Satoransky, difficult.

I don't see anyway Ainge trades for Anthony.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#547 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 am

FemaleDogPlease wrote:If Carmelo is not getting traded to LA Clippers he will probably still be a Knick next year.

I think he ends up going to LA in a Redick S&T with Wes Johnson getting dumped elsewhere in a separate deal, if I am correct that'll more or less do it to make it work, money wise.
We might get Brice Johnson and scraps from a 3rd team basically.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#548 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Fischella wrote:

I think he ends up going to LA in a Redick S&T with Wes Johnson getting dumped elsewhere in a separate deal, if I am correct that'll more or less do it to make it work, money wise.

Can absolutely see PJax trading Melo for Reddick and having the pleasure of paying him 20+ annually. He will call him a young 32 :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#549 » by FemaleDogPlease » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Fischella wrote:

Reddick isn't coming here man.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#550 » by No-Man » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:21 pm

I meant it like in a 3-way deal, with Redick going elsewhere.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#551 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:49 pm

This sudden affection with Robin Lopez is the poorest judgement on this board of late.

I don't know what's wrong with folks here, grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Always has been smh. He's just not a player we need. At least the Celtics fans are nothing better throwing Stevens and Crowder under the bus real quickly, when they're actually simply lacking a piece (Melo).
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#552 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

basketboule wrote:This sudden affection with Robin Lopez is the poorest judgement on this board of late.

I don't know what's wrong with folks here, grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. Always has been smh. He's just not a player we need. At least the Celtics fans are nothing better throwing Stevens and Crowder under the bus real quickly, when they're actually simply lacking a piece (Melo).

Some of us loved and still love robin Lopez

I'm psyched for him and equally psyched that the celtics are getting killed

But yes, Lopez is no longer a need. Unless they want to trade him to us for Noah
sasso
Junior
And1: 132

Post#553 » by sasso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#554 » by Meat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

sasso wrote:We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?

what's the point in signing a 26 year old when they're at best 2-4 years from competing
sasso
Junior
And1: 132

Post#555 » by sasso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Meat wrote:
sasso wrote:We need elite perimeter D more than anything else on this team. I would go after Andre Roberson in FA. He can't shoot at all but he is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and he is young. OKC fans have mixed feelings about him because of his bad offense and Presti couldn't agree on an extension with him even though he gave Oladipo and Adams crazy money. Maybe throwing something like a $15M/year contract will steal him from OKC?

what's the point in signing a 26 year old when they're at best 2-4 years from competing

The point is to address our biggest need and enforce a culture change. Do you like being known as a **** defensive team? It's embarassing. As much as everyone complains about the offense (whether D'antoni ball, iso-Melo, or triangle), offense has not been this team's problem for the last 15 years. That's the reason why we have sucked.

I want a team that makes the other team's life hell when they play us. We used to be that team (90s). We've been the opposite of that team ever since.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#556 » by Meat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 pm

sasso wrote:
Meat wrote:

The point is to address our biggest need and enforce a culture change. Do you like being known as a **** defensive team? It's embarassing. As much as everyone complains about the offense (whether D'antoni ball, iso-Melo, or triangle), offense has not been this team's problem for the last 15 years. That's the reason why we have sucked.

I want a team that makes the other team's life hell when they play us. We used to be that team (90s). We've been the opposite of that team ever since.

god, knicks fans and their obsession with 90's ball, stop idolizing losers, those teams never won ****.

Culture changes comes from superstars and leaders, robinson is a cog, an 8\9th man off the bench. He's not going to bring any culture change no more than lee(a good defender) did.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#557 » by dakomish23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:58 pm

I can see us going after Millsap

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#558 » by WargamesX » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 am

I could see Phil going after Joe Ingles. SF Point Forward on Utah, and that team is about to spend a lot of money to try and keep George Hill and Hayward. They might balk at matching even just a decent deal like what we gave to Lee
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#559 » by N Y K » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 am

i can see us going after derek rose
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#560 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:I could see Phil going after Joe Ingles. SF Point Forward on Utah, and that team is about to spend a lot of money to try and keep George Hill and Hayward. They might balk at matching even just a decent deal like what we gave to Lee

He'd actually be a great pickup based on approach, defense and shooting. Just he's sort of old and the Knicks are a few years away. But depending on the cost, and if Phil is big on culture change, you could very well be right. Or should be right.

Return to New York Knicks