WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 4-0

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Warriors in 4
53%
Warriors in 5
30%
Warriors in 6
5%
Warriors in 7
0%
Trailblazers in 4
4%
Trailblazers in 5
1%
Trailblazers in 6
4%
Trailblazers in 7
3%

Total votes: 409

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 2-0 

Post#1421 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

AllMyNeilOlshey wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This might be blasphemous, but I would trade Lillard for a huge package. His value is extremely high and could get your more than McCollum. And I personally think McCollum is more complete as a player.

Trading Lillard at the time of the draft could reap huge benefits.

I think this has been discussed on the blazer board before. Can you give an example of a huge package that would work? I just dont see anything working that puts blazers in a better position. Same with CJ. I am open to trading either to make the team better but...nothing seems appealing.

CJ for Noel + filler
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1422 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:44 pm

floppymoose wrote:
AllMyNeilOlshey wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This might be blasphemous, but I would trade Lillard for a huge package. His value is extremely high and could get your more than McCollum. And I personally think McCollum is more complete as a player.

Trading Lillard at the time of the draft could reap huge benefits.

I think this has been discussed on the blazer board before. Can you give an example of a huge package that would work? I just dont see anything working that puts blazers in a better position. Same with CJ. I am open to trading either to make the team better but...nothing seems appealing.

CJ for Noel + filler

??? Ewww. I wouldn't touch that at all... Noel isn't really a good 4. I would at a minimum need Dallas pick as well... even then, I'm not trading McCollum for a backup 5. I'd rather look at all 3 picks, McCollum, and maybe Harkless for George.

If the Blazers wanted Noel, than they missed their chance when he was traded for a bag of chips at the deadline. To center a trade around McCollum,to get him... when a couple of months ago you probably could have acquired him for the Memphis... maybe even the Cleveland pick would cause violent riots in the Portland streets.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1423 » by OptionZero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

if they blazers trade CJ or Dame it should be for PG13 or Butler
Lone Star
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1424 » by Lone Star » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:41 pm

I actually think Favors would be a good fit for the Blazers. It doesn't look like Utah will keep him. He will cost and I don't know Portland's cap situation.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1425 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Lone Star wrote:I actually think Favors would be a good fit for the Blazers. It doesn't look like Utah will keep him. He will cost and I don't know Portland's cap situation.

Maybe... Portland doesn't have any cap space though. He's also a walking injury which is a concern.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1426 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
AllMyNeilOlshey wrote:

CJ for Noel + filler

??? Ewww. I wouldn't touch that at all... Noel isn't really a good 4. I would at a minimum need Dallas pick as well... even then, I'm not trading McCollum for a backup 5. I'd rather look at all 3 picks, McCollum, and maybe Harkless for George.

If the Blazers wanted Noel, than they missed their chance when he was traded for a bag of chips at the deadline. To center a trade around McCollum,to get him... when a couple of months ago you probably could have acquired him for the Memphis... maybe even the Cleveland pick would cause violent riots in the Portland streets.

The prevailing analyst-fueled rumor going on at the trade deadline was a 'would you trade CJ for DeMarcus?' deal. At this point you obviously don't have to...but would the Blazers sign him outright? That could either be the best signing imaginable for Portland or DMC comes in, pisses off Nurkic and crushes team chemistry. Dice roll for sure.

As for a Dame trade...I honestly wouldn't do it. He's a cornerstone and loves the city, what more can you ask for? You won't get equal value in a trade either, but IMO I wouldn't take anything less than Millsap+Schroder+unprotected first or Saric+Simmons; which I think would be hard to negotiate on the open market. Teams understand just how good Dame is and I'm of the belief that the Blazers are on the doorstep of being something special - hell, they were a 5 seed last year with an, IMO, worse team. Why break that up when you can just fill in the holes?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1427 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
Lone Star wrote:I actually think Favors would be a good fit for the Blazers. It doesn't look like Utah will keep him. He will cost and I don't know Portland's cap situation.

Maybe... Portland doesn't have any cap space though. He's also a walking injury which is a concern.

Did someone say...walking injury?

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1428 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:00 pm

OptionZero wrote:if they blazers trade CJ or Dame it should be for PG13 or Butler

There's no way the Pacers or Bulls take CJ straight up for their star players. Pacers MAYBE if PG really kicks up a fuss, but it'd likely need to be CJ+something...like Harkless or Crabbe and maybe even a protected pick.

Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1429 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm

and1GS wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:

Did someone say...walking injury?

To be fair, his salary is almost all guaranteed next year.

and1GS wrote:
OptionZero wrote:if they blazers trade CJ or Dame it should be for PG13 or Butler

There's no way the Pacers or Bulls take CJ straight up for their star players. Pacers MAYBE if PG really kicks up a fuss, but it'd likely need to be CJ+something...like Harkless or Crabbe and maybe even a protected pick.

For sure, if PG13 is willing to agree to resign prior to the trade, I'd throw in all 3 of Portland's picks, personally. Actually... I'd see if I could get away with just the Memphis and Portland picks.

But I'd be down with
CJ McCollum+Meyers Leonard+#15+#20+#26 for Paul George+Thaddeus Young

It could be possible to get a 3rd team like maybe Philly involved. Maybe:
Phiilly Out: Lower of the Lakers/Philly pick (if it hopefully conveys)
Philly in: CJ McCollum+#26

Portland Out: CJ McCollum+Meyers Leonard+#15+#20+#26
Portland In: Paul George+Thaddeus Young+#47

Pacers Out: Paul George+Thaddeus Young+#47
Pacers In: Lakers pick+#15+#20+Meyers Leonard
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1430 » by Johnny Firpo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm

What a remarkable team this Warriors are. If they can play close to their best, there is no way they lose, and I'm going to be even bolder, they should win with or without Durant playing.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#1431 » by TMU » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:33 pm

What happened to CJ "Nobody can checked me" last night? Every year, I feel like there's someone who goes on a limb to say something foolish like this.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1432 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:43 pm

TMU wrote:What happened to CJ "Nobody can checked me" last night? Every year, I feel like there's someone who goes on a limb to say something foolish like this.

To be fair.. CJ missed shots he normally makes... pretty much all night. He was getting the same shots he takes every game, they just weren't going in... it happens.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#1433 » by TMU » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
TMU wrote:What happened to CJ "Nobody can checked me" last night? Every year, I feel like there's someone who goes on a limb to say something foolish like this.

To be fair.. CJ missed shots he normally makes... pretty much all night. He was getting the same shots he takes every game, they just weren't going in... it happens.

I'm not denying what you're saying here. Dude's a good scorer, and sure he will have an off night, especially when going against a great team like the Warriors. But every year we have a player who feels the need to say something just to justify that he's a great player in the middle of losing a series. It was totally unnecessary for CJ to do that.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1434 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 pm

TMU wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:

I'm not denying what you're saying here. Dude's a good scorer, and sure he will have an off night, especially when going against a great team like the Warriors. But every year we have a player who feels the need to say something just to justify that he's a great player in the middle of losing a series. It was totally unnecessary for CJ to do that.

What to be confident... IDK man, having an underdog mentality and a large chip on your shoulder is exactly what got CJ and Lillard to the point they are as players now. I'm glad he's got that type of confidence in himself, you need it to be successful as a scorer in this league.. especially when your whole life you've been overlooked. I guess we'll just agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with saying no one can check you, when the reality is... I haven't really seen anyone who consistently can. CJ is a 1on1 savant, I can't remember the last time I thought someone shut CJ down besides him just missing the same looks he always gets.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#1435 » by Ganji » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Mylie10 wrote:McGee did all his damage in 12 minutes lol!

funny thing, he has one of the fastest average speeds in playoffs. So he makes those minutes count.

http://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/#!?sort=AVG_SPEED&dir=1
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#1436 » by Ganji » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Shaq cost him millions of dollars. Dude is about to recoup.

well it will be dilemma for him, stay with warriors and be great player within system, or risk it to go some crappy team again, that does not know how to use him.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#1437 » by tundraknight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:39 pm

If Nurkic never got injured the Blazers would have UPSET the Warriors.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1438 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:43 pm

tundraknight wrote:If Nurkic never got injured the Blazers would have UPSET the Warriors.

:roll:
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#1439 » by StepBackCrack » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Nurkic is the new Shaq.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1440 » by hamncheese » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:10 pm

tundraknight wrote:If Nurkic never got injured the Blazers would have UPSET the Warriors.

Nurkic becoming legendary for being injured.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”

Return to The General Board