ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#2301 » by Mecca » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 am

j4remi wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:I too, struggle with keeping my expectations modest. Dave Winfield had Judge's frame with the same lumbering swing but Winfield rarely struck out. That's Judge's high bar. If he can hit a modest .250 with 20-25 hrs and 50-65 RBIs in his first full season, I will be extremely pleased.

Sanchez will get back on track, he was getting there until he was hurt. Didi is going to have a break out season.

Bird is the wild card. He needs to just focus on making contact and taking what's there. The Yanks just need him to hit for average.

What's crazy is the fact the Yanks haven't even called up Torres and Clint "Hawkeye" Frazier.

I still think Cashman will make a splash and go hard after Bryce.

I like that modest projection, he's bound to have ups and downs. Keeping the end result realistic will just mean if he keeps things up, pleasant surprises later.

Sanchez and Didi are two I'm really confident in, especially if the bats around them stay as potent as they have been so far. There's solid protection in the line-up. Bird, I never got hype for but hearing everyone else talk about him and his work ethic plus a nice Spring has me way more interested to watch him grow. With Torres and Frazier and then some waiting, it's exciting as hell to think about what this roster could look like a year from now.

I don't want Harper..I wouldn't mind giving Machado a long look though but I really think if we're gonna spend it should be to solidify the rotation. Our pitchers have really done a solid job lately but I'm skeptical.

Harper would be cool, but I love the home grown talent. I want to let the kids rock for a bit.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Apples
Sixth Man
And1: 619

Post#2302 » by Apples » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 am

Some of these prospects will be traded. Yankees have a lot of outfield prospects and extras on the roster. Don't be surprised if Gardner or Hicks is traded. Or even Frazier.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2303 » by levendis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 am

Harper and Machado are two types of players you sign to mega deals. Both guys will be in their mid 20s. I get the positional need in Machado, but Harper, when healthy, is the most talented player in baseball (yes I know Mike Trout exists). 2015 Bryce Harper was one of the greatest offensive seasons in baseball history.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2304 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Would the Angels accept a bag of prospects for Mike Trout? I mean, THAT's the guy I want if we're talking outfielders who are monsters. Probably the only guy I would consider giving up Clint Frazier in a package deal.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2305 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Would the Angels accept a bag of prospects for Mike Trout? I mean, THAT's the guy I want if we're talking outfielders who are monsters. Probably the only guy I would consider giving up Clint Frazier in a package deal.

I think they would consider because their farm isn't very good and they don't have a lot of options. They are likely years away from being good if they stick it out and try to build up their farm. But trading Trout who is a once every generation type of player is a tough pill to swallow and further risky because it could do permanent damage to the fanbase.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2306 » by Mecca » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Would the Angels accept a bag of prospects for Mike Trout? I mean, THAT's the guy I want if we're talking outfielders who are monsters. Probably the only guy I would consider giving up Clint Frazier in a package deal.

Would take Torres AND Frazier AND Sheffield
Brooklyn Nets
BringBackLj!
Analyst
And1: 93

Post#2307 » by BringBackLj! » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Mecca wrote:

most likey betances and somone else also...

trout is a beast, 5 for 1s are tough thou.

Yanks are signing harper, cashman will use his chips to aquire SP, if something like the "sale dea"this summer is avaible for the Yankees pretty sure they yankees will go all in. They love gardner it iwll take a major chip for us to trade him, good locker room guy. Castro may be a chip they move i wouldbt be surprised, even thou hes been killing it
"You Know me dog i just wanna keep the peace, stop saying my name thats only gon lead to beef"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#2308 » by moocow007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Not unless Clint Frazier proves that he's the next Bryce Harper in more than just personality.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#2309 » by levendis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Mecca wrote:

That would be light. Frazier and Sheffield gets you Andrew miller. They would probably ask for Gary, and even then I'm not even sure that's enough. Trout is putting up all time great number every year. I'd gut the farm for him as long as we can keep the guys on the MLB roster rn.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2310 » by moocow007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:05 pm

BringBackLj! wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yanks are signing harper, cashman will use his chips to aquire SP, if something like the "sale dea"this summer is avaible for the Yankees pretty sure they yankees will go all in. They love gardner it iwll take a major chip for us to trade him, good locker room guy. Castro may be a chip they move i wouldbt be surprised, even thou hes been killing it

Yeah I would be shocked if Harper isn't a Yankee in 2019. Also would not be shocked if Machado also is a Yankee. I would expect at least one of them to be wearing pinstripes for the start of the 2019 season.

As far as trading for Mike Trout? Trout may be better than Harper but I don't see the justification to basically empty your farm system for Trout when you can simply sign Harper. Especially based on Cashman's moves of late I can't see him making a trade of the size that it would need to get Trout. I'd rather sign Harper (and Machado) and maybe if they need to empty the farm use it on a top flight pitcher.

It's still early but Harper looks like he's back on track and focused like he was in 2015 when he was an absolute monster.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2311 » by Mecca » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm

BringBackLj! wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Exactly what I suspect. I can see us moving Rutherford+Mateo+Andujar for a for a guy like Chris Archer
Brooklyn Nets
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#2312 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:05 pm

BringBackLj! wrote:
Mecca wrote:

They actually actively shopped Gardner. Cashman didn't like the offers.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#2313 » by N8isScofield » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Mecca wrote:
BringBackLj! wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Exactly what I suspect. I can see us moving Rutherford+Mateo+Andujar for a for a guy like Chris Archer

Exactly. You're always going to have surpluses and deficits at certain positions and the prudent move for this organization is to leverage the spending power into big money free agent signings to supplement the cream of the farm crop and then use the surplus pieces to get what you can't get in free agency. More often than not, that's starting pitching. If Sanchez,Judge, Bird and Torres reach their offensive projections and you add Harper you've got a lineup that's going to be at or near the lead in runs scored for years and rather than giving up assets for a Harper comp like Trout, you save those assets for a pitcher like Archer. Unless guys outright don't want to sign here I would be shocked and disappointed in Cashman if he moves any of our prospects for a bat.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2314 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm

I'm ok with keeping our riches until the right offer for a front line starter. Since Cashman has a hard-on for Bryce Harper, I suppose it's inevitable but I like Judge, Frazier OF to compliment infield of Didi, Torres, Bird/Austin, Sanchez.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2315 » by moocow007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:I'm ok with keeping our riches until the right offer for a front line starter. Since Cashman has a hard-on for Bryce Harper, I suppose it's inevitable but I like Judge, Frazier OF to compliment infield of Didi, Torres, Bird/Austin, Sanchez.

I will predict that Frazier will be dealt in some package for a front line starter at some point before the start of the 2019 season. I think the Yankees secretly prefer Rutherford to be the "other guy" in their future OF. I think ideal scenario for Ol' Cash is an OF of Rutherford, Harper and Judge. Just don't get the vibe that the Yankees are digging Frazier. Rutherford on the other hand seems to be a great "Yankee type" player (hard to describe but that's what his vibe is telling me). Rutherford is the guy that some are pointing to that has the same demeanor as Derek Jeter. Doesn't mean he is a lock to live up to it, but I think the Yankees would much rather him than Frazier, especially if they end up adding Harper. Harper and Frazier? Yeah that might be a little too much...especially if there's any chance of throwing "Macho Man" Machado in the mix in 2019. That'll be way too much testosterone in one club house...especially a Yankee clubhouse. :lol:
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2316 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:I'm ok with keeping our riches until the right offer for a front line starter. Since Cashman has a hard-on for Bryce Harper, I suppose it's inevitable but I like Judge, Frazier OF to compliment infield of Didi, Torres, Bird/Austin, Sanchez.

Being a Yankee fan is about be so fun again. I can't wait.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2317 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 am

Gawd, I hope you're wrong on Yankees thoughts on Frazier. This thought process is what got the Yankees Javier Vazquez x2, Carl Pavano and all of his "meh" moves due to that "demeanor." However it might also mean that the Yankees won't try to go after Machado. Cashman deep throats Chase Headley.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2318 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:49 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Gawd, I hope you're wrong on Yankees thoughts on Frazier. This thought process is what got the Yankees Javier Vazquez x2, Carl Pavano and all of his "meh" moves due to that "demeanor." However it might also mean that the Yankees won't try to go after Machado. Cashman deep throats Chase Headley.

Headley and Castro know that one of them are losing their spots to Gleybar soon. They're competing against each other. That's why both of them are playing excellent baseball.
Brooklyn Nets
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#2319 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:00 am

Yanks within 1 run after some throwing errors by the Pirates. CC didn't have his best stuff but has settled down. I still think Joe should pull him after the 5th or 6th.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#2320 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Yanks within 1 run after some throwing errors by the Pirates. CC didn't have his best stuff but has settled down. I still think Joe should pull him after the 5th or 6th.

Glasnow looks good. That kid has a bright future.

CC is a bulldog. Let him rock until the 7th.

I wish we can make this forum a Yankee board too. :(
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks