ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Re: Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1 

Post#341 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 am

K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:
BowlRips wrote:How about
Deng, Randle, Clarkson, 27th
For
Melo, O'Quinn, 44th

Remove Randle and O'Quinn
Add Brewer and C.Lee

And we have a deal ;) (picks are 28th and 45th).

So we give you a solid SG on a good contract, a still good but overpaid SF and a 2nd rounder for a bad contract, a useless player, a meh prospect, and basically a 2nd rounder?
Come on

other best offer for Melo would be Jamal Crawford + Rivers. He has negative trade value with his contract (62/2 after trade kicker).
And Phil exit conference even made it worse.
Should i mention about no-trade option?
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,798

Post#342 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:17 am

yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:
Remove Randle and O'Quinn
Add Brewer and C.Lee

And we have a deal ;) (picks are 28th and 45th).

So we give you a solid SG on a good contract, a still good but overpaid SF and a 2nd rounder for a bad contract, a useless player, a meh prospect, and basically a 2nd rounder?
Come on

other best offer for Melo would be Jamal Crawford + Rivers. He has negative trade value with his contract (62/2 after trade kicker).
as another board frequenter pointed out the Knicks pay the kicker it's not used salary for the receiving team they just have to match the final amount
Formerly Knicks85
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,162

Post#343 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:22 am

knicks85 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:So we give you a solid SG on a good contract, a still good but overpaid SF and a 2nd rounder for a bad contract, a useless player, a meh prospect, and basically a 2nd rounder?
Come on

as another board frequenter pointed out the Knicks pay the kicker it's not used salary for the receiving team they just have to match the final amount

Plus not mentionind the future 1st (or 2 future 1sts if I'm right) we'd be getting from LAC
Plus from the Clips, we don't have to trade Lee or the 2nd rounder
Plus Crawford has one year left, Deng has 3
Plus, Rivers is younger and cheaper than Clarkson
So
Melo
for
Crawford, Rivers, 2 firsts

Or

Melo, Lee, mid 2nd
for
Deng, Brewer, Clarkson, late 1st

I really can't decide /s
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
yanuary
Rookie

Post#344 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 am

knicks85 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:So we give you a solid SG on a good contract, a still good but overpaid SF and a 2nd rounder for a bad contract, a useless player, a meh prospect, and basically a 2nd rounder?
Come on

Interesting (thx for info), but it still would be over 54/2. Still negative value. Over 25m for player which make team worse (cause i just read here that Randle did it. Yes but he was basically sophomore, Melo not).
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,167

Post#345 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:29 am

yanuary wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
yanuary wrote:

Interesting (thx for info), but it still would be over 54/2. Still negative value. Over 25m for player which make team worse (cause i just read here that Randle did it. Yes but he was basically sophomore, Melo not).

negative value hahahahaha, go home....he still made the all-star team even on a down year. If you think so poorly of him then we shouldn't be even discussing this. Good thing we would be negotiating with Magic and not you.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#346 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 am

mpharris36 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
knicks85 wrote: as another board frequenter pointed out the Knicks pay the kicker it's not used salary for the receiving team they just have to match the final amount

negative value hahahahaha, go home....he still made the all-star team even on a down year. If you think so poorly of him then we shouldn't be even discussing this. Good thing we would be negotiating with Magic and not you.

Yeah, but Phil's gonna be doing the negotiating, not us
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,662

Post#347 » by nedleeds » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 am

Melo can just veto the Clipper deal until the picks are gone. **** you Phil. Just matching bad contracts to match Melos albatross,
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
yanuary
Rookie

Post#348 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 am

K-DOT wrote:
knicks85 wrote:
yanuary wrote:

Plus not mentionind the future 1st (or 2 future 1sts if I'm right) we'd be getting from LAC
Plus from the Clips, we don't have to trade Lee or the 2nd rounder
Plus Crawford has one year left, Deng has 3
Plus, Rivers is younger and cheaper than Clarkson
So
Melo
for
Crawford, Rivers, 2 firsts

Or

Melo, Lee, mid 2nd
for
Deng, Brewer, Clarkson, late 1st

I really can't decide /s

Im pretty sure it was only one future 1st (7year rule). And Lakers also could add 2022 lightly protected 1st (as Clippers). So you could basically remove future 1st in comparison.

But if you still prefer Jamal, 2nd, Lee and Rivers than JC, Deng, Brewer and late 1st- your choice i could undestand this ( probably depends on - Clarkson/Rivers opinion) ;)

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#349 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 am

deng's contract alone is worth more than a late first to move...

ROSTER

yanuary
Rookie

Post#350 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 am

mpharris36 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
knicks85 wrote: as another board frequenter pointed out the Knicks pay the kicker it's not used salary for the receiving team they just have to match the final amount

Kobe was selected to AS game in 2016.

But ok Melo was AS, so You definitely convinced me about his positive trade value :lol:

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#351 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 am

yanuary wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
yanuary wrote:

But ok Melo was AS, so You definitely convinced me about his positive trade value :lol:

Kobe got in on the fan vote
Melo was chosen by the coaches
Yep, totally the same scenario
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#352 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 am

yanuary wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
yanuary wrote:

so you are comparing Kobe's swan song year to Melo all-star performance....makes sense.

ROSTER

koogiking
Veteran
And1: 1,080

Post#353 » by koogiking » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 am

Lakers fans are stupid damn... lmao
yanuary
Rookie

Post#354 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 am

K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Coaches?
It was A.Silver...

So yes, almost the same scenario.

yanuary
Rookie

Post#355 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

mpharris36 wrote:
yanuary wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

so you are comparing Kobe's swan song year to Melo all-star performance....makes sense.

wait - do you really think that it was all-star performance from Melo this year? :lol:
You are really delusional about him and his performance and his trade value.

My post was about your stupid idea that AS selection means anything about positive/negative value.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#356 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:

Coaches?
It was A.Silver...

Yep, because the commissioner of the NBA knows less than some random **** that sit on the couch and armchair gm
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Ih8duke
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#357 » by Ih8duke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 am

Still think Milwaukee could become an option.
He would have a big time role and it might be the one team he could turn into a legit contender. They have tons of length and can cover for his deficiencies, and Kidd knows how to get the best out of him. It is the best basketball fit.

If he cares at all about his basketball legacy and not only about living in a cool city it makes a lot of sense. If he doesn't than obviously he would turn it down.

I don't think our get would be huge but Henson, Teletovic Brogden this years first and another pick for Oquinn and melo works cap wise and might get it done.

We take two pretty bad contracts, but get a solid young player in Brogdon and two picks.

Bucks would be legit

Greek Freak
Middleton
Melo
Parker
Maker

Bench Monroe Dellavedova, OQuinn, snell, Beasley, etc
"Coach I'll Make It." -James Chipwood
yanuary
Rookie

Post#358 » by yanuary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am

K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Kobe got in on the fan vote

Coaches?
It was A.Silver...

Yep, because the commissioner of the NBA knows less than some random **** that sit on the couch and armchair gm

It was business decision, because Melo was 5th or 6th in fan voting?
ASG is exactly for random ppl (which barely watching NBA). Most of fans (regular - watching hundreds or thousands game per season) didnt even watch this show this or last year cause this is circus for random ppl not basketball.
So yes - still almost same scenario.

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#359 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 am

yanuary wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
yanuary wrote:
Coaches?
It was A.Silver...

It was business decision, because Melo was 5th or 6th in fan voting?
ASG is exactly for random ppl (which barely watching NBA). Most of fans (regular - watching hundreds or thousands game per season) didnt even watch this show this or last year cause this is circus for random ppl not basketball.
So yes - still almost same scenario.

Because the 13th man in the ASG brings in so much attention?
Please, it's not even close to the same thing
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Knicks93
Senior
And1: 295

Post#360 » by Knicks93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 am

Watching this Raptors game cause I sadly and stupidly put money on the Raptors in this series. This idea hit me though as they are trailing 48 to 17 with 5 mins left in half.

Who says no to a Melo trade to Toronto for Lowry in a sign and trade? Second season in a row the Raptors REALLY have struggled to score in the playoffs and look a lot worse than the regular season. Really under performing. I think they'll be ready to shake it up after this season. They already have a ton of great defenders to surround Derozen and Melo with. Come playoff time, they can throw it to Melo in the post and say get points, which they need badly right now.

Knicks get a great defender at PG who can score. All star player. If it doesn't work out, he would be a lot easier to move than Melo is right now, say at the trade deadline this year. Feel like Lowry would excel with KP and make him even better.

Melo gets a pass out of New York to a playoff team, with a pretty big following. Would be surrounded by players that he needs to compete(defensive minded). Downside is Toronto, but it is only a hour and a half flight to New York.

Think this would be better for us than taking back the Clips trash

Return to New York Knicks