WCQF | (2) San Antonio Spurs vs Memphis Grizzlies (7) | SAS 4-2

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who gets more points + assists + rebounds tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Mike Conley
36%
Kawhi Leonard
64%

Total votes: 14

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: WCQF | (2) San Antonio Spurs vs Memphis Grizzlies (7) | SAS 2-0 

Post#561 » by Coxy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 am

Fico92 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Fico92 wrote:After watching Harden literally switch his pivot foot 5 times at half court with his back to the basket with the ref literally a couple feet away staring at him...I somehow doubt it :lol:

I don't follow. What does Harden have to do with Kawhi traveling?

You said he travels more than any other player in the league. I just provided a player who gets away with more egregious travels. Is this a difficult concept?

Lebron James owns this title outright and it aint close.
Scizzup
Veteran
And1: 1,995

Post#562 » by Scizzup » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 am

damn they calling travels now?
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#563 » by DROB27 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 am

Lol at the spurs sets having Kawhi sit in the **** corner
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,298

Post#564 » by Ckay » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 am

Whoa! Conley got moves!
Cartuse
Rookie
And1: 1,130

Post#565 » by Cartuse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 am

Memphis is flat out dominating
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#566 » by tundraknight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:49 am

So most people voted for Spurs in 5 in this threads poll.

Seems accurate with Game 3 being their loss.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#567 » by BallerTalk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 am

Fico92 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Fico92 wrote:After watching Harden literally switch his pivot foot 5 times at half court with his back to the basket with the ref literally a couple feet away staring at him...I somehow doubt it :lol:

You said he travels more than any other player in the league. I just provided a player who gets away with more egregious travels. Is this a difficult concept?

No, not a difficult concept at all. Thanks.
A couple of points though:
1) Volume of traveling violations and the egregiousness of a traveling violation are not the same thing.
2) When I wrote that "I am convinced" it didn't me I was trying to convince you.

BTW, do you have a link to that "egregious" 5 pivot foot switch by Harden?
I'd love to see it. Sounds hilarious.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#568 » by HotTubMike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 am

tundraknight wrote:So most people voted for Spurs in 5 in this threads poll.

Seems accurate with Game 3 being their loss.

I got Spurs in 7.... Griz are a solid veteran team who have been together forever... don't see them as pushovers at all.

Lots of people had Spurs in 4.... that ain't happening.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#569 » by NBAFan93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 am

Good night for Memphis. Happy for them.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#570 » by tundraknight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 am

Why is Pops nose purple?
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,461

Post#571 » by Chinook » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 am

I thought they'd lose Game Four. Hope they don't still. But anyway, this was a perfect storm for the Grizz. They got to play the way they wanted to, and the Spurs got in foul trouble early. They'll have to adjust.
Screwston
Rookie
And1: 637

Post#572 » by Screwston » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:30 am

Hopefully Memphis wins game 4 too
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,960

Post#573 » by Phreak50 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:41 am

tundraknight wrote:Why is Pops nose purple?

He had it bandaged up for a week or so at the end of the season. Don't think they ever said why, just commentary joking he took a ball to the face in practice or something.

Good effort by the Grizzlies. Spurs couldn't match their intensity and apart from Leonard, never looked like scoring.

Glad there's some decent conversation here at least and not childish insults like in the official board.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#574 » by Coxy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 am

Phreak50 wrote:

He had it bandaged up for a week or so at the end of the season. Don't think they ever said why, just commentary joking he took a ball to the face in practice or something.

Good effort by the Grizzlies. Spurs couldn't match their intensity and apart from Leonard, never looked like scoring.

Glad there's some decent conversation here at least and not childish insults like in the official board.

Not evidence based or anything, but red and purple noses are a sign of Rosacea.

"The redness in the skin that occurs from drinking alcohol can worsen into broken capillaries and visible veins. The capillary dilation from alcohol intake can eventually dilate the capillaries so much that they burst, creating visible red and purple veins, especially around the nose and on the cheeks."

Pop may have some other sort of ailment, but alcoholism is the main contributor for purple noses in people. I doubt Pop is an alcohol abuser, so maybe just some sort of skin condition due to his pasty white skin and large facial pores.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,243

Post#575 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 am

Read on Twitter
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#576 » by HotTubMike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

Coxy wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:

"The redness in the skin that occurs from drinking alcohol can worsen into broken capillaries and visible veins. The capillary dilation from alcohol intake can eventually dilate the capillaries so much that they burst, creating visible red and purple veins, especially around the nose and on the cheeks."

Pop may have some other sort of ailment, but alcoholism is the main contributor for purple noses in people. I doubt Pop is an alcohol abuser, so maybe just some sort of skin condition due to his pasty white skin and large facial pores.

Pop is a massive wine guy (like has his own brand massive)... that doesn't mean he is an alcoholic but it seems relevant to what you're saying.
Fico92
Sixth Man
And1: 2,361

Post#577 » by Fico92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:55 am

Coxy wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:

He previously had skin cancer, on his nose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/5yip8f/what_happened_to_pops_nose/?st=j1rf8lyi&sh=2cf2f9f9
Coxy
RealGM

Post#578 » by Coxy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 am

Fico92 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:

He previously had skin cancer, on his nose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/5yip8f/what_happened_to_pops_nose/?st=j1rf8lyi&sh=2cf2f9f9

Yeah, well definitely a real issue for him. May have ongoing complications as well.
Fico92
Sixth Man
And1: 2,361

Post#579 » by Fico92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 am

BallerTalk wrote:
Fico92 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

No, not a difficult concept at all. Thanks.
A couple of points though:
1) Volume of traveling violations and the egregiousness of a traveling violation are not the same thing.
2) When I wrote that "I am convinced" it didn't me I was trying to convince you.

BTW, do you have a link to that "egregious" 5 pivot foot switch by Harden?
I'd love to see it. Sounds hilarious.

I dont have a link, because its a Thursday night and its been a long one, but if you watch the last 2 minutes of the game from last night, there is only one moment where Harden is posting up being guarded at half court. Or if you recorded the game, skip to the last two minutes, you'll see it no doubt. He brings ball to half court, has his back to basket and starts switching pivot feet like a mofo lol
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 3,987

Post#580 » by vxmike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am

Parker with the 0/0 game. Not gonna cut it once they get past the Grizzlies.

Return to The General Board