Get Kristaps Porzingis to Denver

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Re: Get Kristaps Porzingis to Denver 

Post#1 » by j-ragg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Without Jokic would be pretty tough. What would their best package be?

Gary Harris, Hernangomez, Jamal Murray, 15 + future 1sts? Doubt Knicks go for it.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Absolutely no chance unless its something absurd like multiple "unprotected" 1st rd. picks.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#3 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 am

LukaDoncic wrote:What if KP demands a trade (a la Jusuf Nurkic) because of the dysfunctional culture created by the Zen Master?

Then about 29 teams will line up to throw assets at New York. Probably Boston wins it.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#4 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:56 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Absolutely no chance unless its something absurd like multiple "unprotected" 1st rd. picks.

Still not close. Denver just doesn't have anything to make it happen.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 am

I think Denver would love to get Porzingis next to Jokic - it would be a great match. Then again, he'd probably fit on any team in the NBA as a starter right now. Denver has what it takes to get Porzingis, but they'll never pay that price. It would gut the team and make the acquisition pointless IMO.
spree8
RealGM

Post#6 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 am

NuggetsWY wrote:I think Denver would love to get Porzingis next to Jokic - it would be a great match. Then again, he'd probably fit on any team in the NBA as a starter right now. Denver has what it takes to get Porzingis, but they'll never pay that price. It would gut the team and make the acquisition pointless IMO.

Outside of Jokic, Denver definitely doesn't have what it takes...the quality of KP is much greater than the quantity of whatever package they could put together. I'm kind of shocked you think that.

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#7 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 am

spree8 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I think Denver would love to get Porzingis next to Jokic - it would be a great match. Then again, he'd probably fit on any team in the NBA as a starter right now. Denver has what it takes to get Porzingis, but they'll never pay that price. It would gut the team and make the acquisition pointless IMO.

Outside of Jokic, Denver definitely doesn't have what it takes...the quality of KP is much greater than the quantity of whatever package they could put together. I'm kind of shocked you think that.

Right? What exactly do they have? I mean Gary Harris is intruiging. The #13 is nice. But Mudiay has pretty much zero value, Thomas Robinson levels. Murray isn't going to cut it, his main weapon was supposed to be his jumper.... it hasn't really translated yet, and he has not looked like a natural point.

I mean, I sincerely doubt that the Knicks would consider #13+Harris+Mudiay+Murray for Porzingis. So many teams will beat that offer to a pulp.
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#8 » by Acountant_Z » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 am

I have no idea why you think KP is a great match with Jokic? What exactly does KP bring? He has no inside game, he is not a good rebounder, he cannot guard any position, It's all hype. Just keep him away from Nuggets, let Knicks dream of great things.
spree8
RealGM

Post#9 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:27 am

Acountant_Z wrote:

I have no idea why you think KP is a great match with Jokic? What exactly does KP bring? He has no inside game, he is not a good rebounder, he cannot guard any position, It's all hype. Just keep him away from Nuggets, let Knicks dream of great things.

If it wasn't so long, I'd sig this.

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
12buckets
Pro Prospect
And1: 273

Post#10 » by 12buckets » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:41 am

Denvers assets are a little overrated. Jokic has tremendous value, but that's the only person I would really want. and even jokic isn't enough to get Porzingis. They could offer every other player on their roster and every draft pick they'll have for years and it wouldn't be enough.
Give me a Tommy Point!
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#11 » by Coeur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 am

Porzingis and Carmelo
For
Hernangomez, w chandler, j Nelson, d aurthur, 2018,20,22 unprotected 1sts, 2019&21 pick swaps
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#12 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:57 am

Coeur wrote:Porzingis and Carmelo
For
Hernangomez, w chandler, j Nelson, d aurthur, 2018,20,22 unprotected 1sts, 2019&21 pick swaps

Nah... not even close. Those firsts are way too far out, and will most likely suck.
johnx
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#13 » by johnx » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am

Now i wonder if denver would have drafted kp if knicks pick mudiye
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#14 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

12buckets wrote:Denvers assets are a little overrated. Jokic has tremendous value, but that's the only person I would really want. and even jokic isn't enough to get Porzingis. They could offer every other player on their roster and every draft pick they'll have for years and it wouldn't be enough.

Man the hype of Porzingis is crazy. Jokic would not be enough? Damn considering there are national writers that have said flat out that Jokic is the best player of the sophomore class I can only laugh at this.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#15 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm

If Zinger was available Utah would send all they could execpt Gobert for Zinger.
Ingles is cooked.
sunevisions
Pro Prospect
And1: 107

Post#16 » by sunevisions » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 pm

The Rebel wrote:
12buckets wrote:Denvers assets are a little overrated. Jokic has tremendous value, but that's the only person I would really want. and even jokic isn't enough to get Porzingis. They could offer every other player on their roster and every draft pick they'll have for years and it wouldn't be enough.

Man the hype of Porzingis is crazy. Jokic would not be enough? Damn considering there are national writers that have said flat out that Jokic is the best player of the sophomore class I can only laugh at this.

I would prefer KP over Jokic.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#17 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 pm

The Rebel wrote:

I definitely agree with you on this. But outside of Jokic, Denver just doesn't have the pieces.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#18 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:20 pm

The Rebel wrote:

Which national writers said Jokic is better than Towns?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#19 » by Coeur » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Cp3/Murray/mudiay
Gallinari/dWade
Carmelo
porzingis/TJ Leaf
Jokic/plumlee
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#20 » by torotoe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Reality check. Jokic is one of the best players in the game right now. KP is a raw prospect with incredible potential and solid impact right now. KP really only has two successful aspects of his game right now. He's a fantastic shooter and defender. He doesn't have enough strength to post, he's not an exceptional passer.

One of these guys is a superstar, the other is a role player with superstar potential.

And re: jokic v. Towns: it's like comparing Millsap and Griffin. Crafty vs flashy. I think it'd be unfair to towns to not give him credit. Yet it would also be unfair to jokic to act like he has a ceiling, or that we have any idea where that might be.

Jokic and towns may just turn into two of the best players of all time.

Return to Trades and Transactions