If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,374

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#61 » by robbie84 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

troll lollolololol
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
CablexDeadpool
Head Coach
And1: 1,686

Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#62 » by CablexDeadpool » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:58 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:Maybe brogdon himself(who knows?)... But he is also a better shooter than kemba.

wot

Kemba is Steph Curry level at C&S threes. Educate yourself.

You are being a homer.
Brogdon is shooting 40.4% on his rookie season.
Kemba's pct is 39%. That's not a huge difference..
But malcolm is a rookie. Rookies usually improve not decline. Especially if they have the work ethic of brogdon.
I love kemba. I just don't think he's a good fit for all teams :wink:

50 percent of Kemba's 3s are assisted
90 percent of Malcolm Brogdon's 3's are assisted.

Kemba is a way better shooter than Brogdon
ken6199 wrote:A Rocket's loss really brought out the best of people. It makes me realize this forum is filled with jobless scumbags with their only intention to come hate the team they hate and realize their anger from their life/job/wife/kids or whatever.

:lol:
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,655

Post#63 » by Jadoogar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.

They probably wouldn't be the 6th seed if they had Kemba
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,497

Post#64 » by ropjhk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Don't agree with the OP, but I would take Kyrie Irving over Lowry in the playoffs.
devilsace
Junior
And1: 334

Post#65 » by devilsace » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:11 pm

HornetsFan29 wrote:Kemba byhimself took a UConn team who was not even good and led them to a national Title.That is how much of a leader and clutch Kemba is .

So what happened last year during the playoffs? Melo took syracuse to a national title, which means squat in the NBA...plz try again
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,534

Post#66 » by Rapcity_11 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:A team that could really use Walker is the Milwaukee Bucks. A dynamic shooting/scoring PG is what they're missing, they would be blowing Toronto out of the water if they had Kemba.

BREAKING: Team adds all-star at position of need and gets better.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#67 » by GlenRiceARoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 am

E-Balla wrote:
The_Hater wrote:I'm just waiting for somebody to post Walker's entire 2016 playoff stats. Including that 3/16, 9 point clunker in game 7

Yeah he sucked every other game against Miami. Couldn't make a single layup. And that's coming from someone that loves Kemba.

He played the entire series on a torn meniscus and Whiteside was locked in around the rim.

Zeller, Batum, and Marv were all injured which left him, Lin, Jefferson, hawes, and lee... Not the most potent offense

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by GlenRiceARoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 am

The_Hater wrote:

Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.

Kemba isnt a good defender but he's certainly not far worse than either of those guys.

Curry had one off game in the finals and delly has been riding the myth that he's a good defender ever since. He's terrible defensively

Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by GlenRiceARoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Walker wouldn't help the Bucks as much as you think. He would take the ball out of Giannis and Middleton's hands while providing far worse defense than Brogdan and Delle. I think Bucks are better with the ball in the hands of those 2 players on offense and having all those long armed defenders who can switch everything in defense.

Yup. Giannis needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. Right now theyre missing Jabari big time. Jabari was able to be a 20 point scorer while mostly playing off the ball with his ability to cut and catch and shoot and those times when Giannis did sit, Jabari could create his own shot as well.

They aren't missing jabari they finally started winning a few games after he got injured.

GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by GlenRiceARoni » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
HornetsFan29 wrote:Kemba byhimself took a UConn team who was not even good and led them to a national Title.That is how much of a leader and clutch Kemba is .

Well damn Melo carried an even worse team to the national title for Syracuse. I bet that dude must be the ultimate winner and lead his teams to deep playoff runs.....

Absolutely not true. Hakim Warrick and that white lights out point guard. That team was far from trash

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,479

Post#71 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:14 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Well damn Melo carried an even worse team to the national title for Syracuse. I bet that dude must be the ultimate winner and lead his teams to deep playoff runs.....

Absolutely not true. Hakim Warrick and that white lights out point guard. That team was far from trash

Ya and Kemba had Shabazz Napier and Jeremy Lamb who are 2 NBA players on that team with him and they also had Alex Oriakhi who was a damn good college big. I agree Warrick was good and the guy youre thinking of is Gerry McNammara was a solid shooter. Im just saying Melo had less talent around him than Kemba did.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,613

Post#72 » by Dez » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Kemba isnt a good defender but he's certainly not far worse than either of those guys.

Curry had one off game in the finals and delly has been riding the myth that he's a good defender ever since. He's terrible defensively

I pity you if you really believe this.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#73 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

That's pretty funny.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#74 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Yup. Giannis needs the ball in his hands as much as possible. Right now theyre missing Jabari big time. Jabari was able to be a 20 point scorer while mostly playing off the ball with his ability to cut and catch and shoot and those times when Giannis did sit, Jabari could create his own shot as well.

They aren't missing jabari they finally started winning a few games after he got injured.

Which coincided with Middleton's return. It's possible and even probable that they'd be even better with Middleton and Jabari both playing.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,300

Post#75 » by Ambrose » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Ya and Kemba had Shabazz Napier and Jeremy Lamb who are 2 NBA players on that team with him and they also had Alex Oriakhi who was a damn good college big. I agree Warrick was good and the guy youre thinking of is Gerry McNammara was a solid shooter. Im just saying Melo had less talent around him than Kemba did.

You'd be wrong making that statement.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#76 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:wot

Kemba is Steph Curry level at C&S threes. Educate yourself.

You are being a homer.
Brogdon is shooting 40.4% on his rookie season.
Kemba's pct is 39%. That's not a huge difference..

Actually I'm not:

http://stats.nba.com/players/catch-shoot/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=CATCH_SHOOT_FG3_PCT&dir=1&CF=CATCH_SHOOT_FG3A*GE*2:GP*GE*10

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/kemba-walker-doesnt-care-how-close-youre-guarding-him/

Kemba was an elite three point shooter for much of this season, finished 7th in the league in made threes, and was literally one of the two or three best in the league in C&S situations. Disrespectful to act like a rookie who averaged one made three per game is the better shooter, especially given the far greater volume Kemba shot and the greater defensive attention Kemba receives. Is Brogdon a better shooter than Beal, Eric Gordon, and Harden?

First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.
And his 3pt% is just fine(if not great).
The poster to whom i replied to said that kemba would have been a great fit for the bucks. I don't agree.
Secondly, i voted kemba for the ASG :wink: but that doesn't mean i would have wanted him on the bucks.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#77 » by Tricky_Kid » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 pm

No at all. They don't have good 3 pts shooters, offensive sets, good coach. 1 player except Lebron maybe won't cover all problems

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,633

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#78 » by yosemiteben » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.
The poster to whom i replied to said that kemba would have been a great fit for the bucks. I don't agree.
Secondly, i voted kemba for the ASG :wink: but that doesn't mean i would have wanted him on the bucks.

You said Brogdon is a better shooter than Kemba. Just take the L on that. None of the stuff you just said applies to that statement or makes it true or more reasonable.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#79 » by skones » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.

Walker takes over 7 attempts a game. Brogdon isn't even on the same planet as a shooter.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#80 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.

You said Brogdon is a better shooter than Kemba. Just take the L on that. None of the stuff you just said applies to that statement or makes it true or more reasonable.

I don't take any L.
He shot 40% this season. That's a fact. Numbers don't lie. Also brogdon is a better defender like it or not.
If you want to enter a convo follow it from the beginning.
Kemba is fine for your team, not for mine. Peace :wink:

Return to The General Board