Who are the top 5 worst coaches in the league

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,462

Re: Who are the top 5 worst coaches in the league 

Post#121 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:03 am

Frank Dux wrote:black coaches are usually mediocre because they are former players without the experience of career coaches like Brad Stevens or Pop. A lot of former players step in thinking they are going to command respect and win tons of games but get destroyed by the guys who spend years doing the homework.

You should be able to question a coaches ability without being labeled a racist.

I think you should definitely be able to question a coaches ability no matter what race you are and what race the coach is. But if you automatically assume a white coach is better than a black coach just because of their race. Well thats kind of the definition of racism.

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."
JudBuchler
Rookie
And1: 787

Post#122 » by JudBuchler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:39 am

Nate the dimwit McMillan who is in my top 5 worst coaches list, Proves again why he is there!

Outcoached By Lebron James
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#123 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

JudBuchler wrote:Nate the dimwit McMillan who is in my top 5 worst coaches list, Proves again why he is there!

Outcoached By Lebron James

you didn't like his 4 guys standing around while one guys dicks around at the top of the circle strategy?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#124 » by Mich3006 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:43 am

wizfactor94 wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:
LeMasta wrote:
I mean, as long as you have LeBron on your team you might sneak in a championship with a mediocre coach

Lue isn't the only black championship winning coach on these lists.

Who else?

Doc Rivers ? With a top 3 PF of all time? and 3 sure HOF lol?

not to mention the brains of the team ,,,,, Thibs ? lol

Paul, Pierce and...? Don´t say Blake Griffin though
Hadley
Junior
And1: 182

Post#125 » by Hadley » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:59 am

Earl Watson, Glenn Rivers, Gentry, McMillan
GoSu
Rookie
And1: 1,760

Post#126 » by GoSu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I see most of you agree that Jason Kidd is a bad coach, but.. he outsmarts Dwayne Casey every god damn time!

Dwayne Casey should be on top of everyones worst coaches list. Not even hating, he is very very bad.
doctaJ_92
Assistant Coach
And1: 171

Post#127 » by doctaJ_92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't understand the hate for Kidd. His BRK team seriously overachieved, and now his Bucks team has a clear identity, plays together, and plays HARD every game, and they've overachieved despite what should have been crippling injuries.
Read on Twitter
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#128 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:Lue isn't the only black championship winning coach on these lists.

Who else?

He's not a sure thing at this point but Blake could definitely end up in the Hall. 21/9/4 on 51% shooting puts him ahead of a lot of current HOFers.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#129 » by Torgeir Bryn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
wizfactor94 wrote:
Tinseltown wrote:Lue isn't the only black championship winning coach on these lists.

Who else?

Pierce, KG and Allen
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#130 » by Hoopz Afrik » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:11 pm

doctaJ_92 wrote:I don't understand the hate for Kidd. His BRK team seriously overachieved, and now his Bucks team has a clear identity, plays together, and plays HARD every game, and they've overachieved despite what should have been crippling injuries.

Same. I used to read the comments about how garbage he was then I'd watch the games and think to myself maybe I just don't understand basketball.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
The_Hater

Post#131 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 pm

GoSu wrote:I see most of you agree that Jason Kidd is a bad coach, but.. he outsmarts Dwayne Casey every god damn time!

Dwayne Casey should be on top of everyones worst coaches list. Not even hating, he is very very bad.

Casey has been quite good in the regular season. He uses his depth, he shows confidence in his guys and they play extremely hard for him. He's coaxed Derozan, Lowry and others to higher levels than anyone thought possible and deserves some credit for that.

Playoff Casey is a different creature. He's slow to make adjustments, he matches up poorly with opponents during games and his teams always seem underprepared. He got swept and out coached by Randy Wittman 2 years ago. That says it all.

But he just signed a new 3 year contract last summer so it's unlikely that he's going anywhere win or lose this round.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
ShazamDaShiznt
Analyst
And1: 4,766

Post#132 » by ShazamDaShiznt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm

this thread has really big Image vibes

earl watson is in his first full season as a coach and that team is tanking, this is the first time I see someone calling him a top 5 worst coach Image

why not including hoiberg? Watch those bulls games in playoffs, it's wade and rondo telling guys what to do, hoiberg has no control of his team, he is worse than tyronne lue, but OP only mentions lue stating how bron is the coach there when them vets in chicago are indeed the coaches of bulls too.

the agenda is obvious in here Image
The_Hater

Post#133 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Frank Dux wrote:black coaches are usually mediocre because they are former players without the experience of career coaches like Brad Stevens or Pop. A lot of former players step in thinking they are going to command respect and win tons of games but get destroyed by the guys who spend years doing the homework.

You should be able to question a coaches ability without being labeled a racist.

But that's not what you did. You started your post by painting all black coaches with the same brush which is the basic definition of racism. And it wasn't even a correct statement because I can name at least two black coaches who never played in the NBA.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,860

Post#134 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Dylan

Dylan

Dylan

Dylan

Nate McMillan
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#135 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Bill Donovan is secretly black :lol:

I think its funny to see the style of black vs white coaches. None of it means anything , this is not an argument or a confrontation.

It seems like the black coaches like the iso and superstar ball.

The white coaches seem to favor some ball movement , open shooters, etc.

This is why you gotta love Lebron James, he does both , he can take over, but he knows it wont win big games, he knows how to pass, and he knows that he needs everybody involved....

something that the average superstart knucklehead does not believe in. Look at Westbrook, the guy goes to sleep thinking the team is just him, and that he can win it by himself.

If you watch James Harden. Even Harde is starting to understand that being the man, and doing everything is not the right way to go. Sharing the ball and then taking over when you need to is how to get the job done, because in the end your teammates will be fighting to win the game for you with role plays when you are out there taking every shot down the stretch. That is what team basketball is all about. Make us look good and we got your back.

Nobody wants to see a teammate shoot 18 shots in 1 quarter. I sure as hell won't be diving for that loose ball watching you shoot 20 of the 23 shots in a basketball game.
The_Hater

Post#136 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:12 pm

wizfactor94 wrote:Bill Donovan is secretly black :lol:

I think its funny to see the style of black vs white coaches. None of it means anything , this is not an argument or a confrontation.

It seems like the black coaches like the iso and superstar ball.

The white coaches seem to favor some ball movement , open shooters, etc.

This is why you gotta love Lebron James, he does both , he can take over, but he knows it wont win big games, he knows how to pass, and he knows that he needs everybody involved....

something that the average superstart knucklehead does not believe in. Look at Westbrook, the guy goes to sleep thinking the team is just him, and that he can win it by himself.

If you watch James Harden. Even Harde is starting to understand that being the man, and doing everything is not the right way to go. Sharing the ball and then taking over when you need to is how to get the job done, because in the end your teammates will be fighting to win the game for you with role plays when you are out there taking every shot down the stretch. That is what team basketball is all about. Make us look good and we got your back.

Nobody wants to see a teammate shoot 18 shots in 1 quarter. I sure as hell won't be diving for that loose ball watching you shoot 20 of the 23 shots in a basketball game.

I don't think it's necessarily a black/white thing as much as an ex-NBA player thing. Since the ISO game was played so extensively for most of their playing careers. Just like Byron Scott proclaiming that shooting 3's wasn't the key to winning, he should know owning 4 rings right? Phil Jackson is still hanging onto the dinosaur called the triangle from the front office. Not all of the ex players have this problem but to a point.

Holding onto the past is the surest way to watch everyone else pass you by.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#137 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:24 pm

JudBuchler wrote:Jason Kidd one of the more scrutinized coaches in this thread by the majority of the posters, that i refused to include in my top 5 worst coaches, because i didnt beleive he was a bad coach but i got riduculed for not having him on there

Jason Kidd The God looks like one of the best coaches ever out there in these playoffs with a young roster.

the other guy people clowned me for not having on there Fred"The Mayor" Hoiberg is up 2-0 on the number 1 seed in the east

so tell me how you guys who had these two guys as a top 5 bad coaches ?

but im the bad guy/ the racist because i have 5 Horrific coaches who prove time and time again they are terrible

:lol: Do you realize how dumb you are? Jason Kidd is African-American.

And funny enough Fred Hoiberg has said himself that Rajon Rondo is like the de-facto coach of the team, runs the offense, calls out defensive sets etc.. so how much credit does Hoiberg really deserve?
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#138 » by Perishable517 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 pm

The_Hater wrote:
GoSu wrote:I see most of you agree that Jason Kidd is a bad coach, but.. he outsmarts Dwayne Casey every god damn time!

Casey has been quite good in the regular season. He uses his depth, he shows confidence in his guys and they play extremely hard for him. He's coaxed Derozan, Lowry and others to higher levels than anyone thought possible and deserves some credit for that.

Playoff Casey is a different creature. He's slow to make adjustments, he matches up poorly with opponents during games and his teams always seem underprepared. He got swept and out coached by Randy Wittman 2 years ago. That says it all.

But he just signed a new 3 year contract last summer so it's unlikely that he's going anywhere win or lose this round.

Randy Wittman was an awful coach.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
wizfactor94
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#139 » by wizfactor94 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Illmatic12 wrote:
JudBuchler wrote:Jason Kidd one of the more scrutinized coaches in this thread by the majority of the posters, that i refused to include in my top 5 worst coaches, because i didnt beleive he was a bad coach but i got riduculed for not having him on there

Jason Kidd The God looks like one of the best coaches ever out there in these playoffs with a young roster.

the other guy people clowned me for not having on there Fred"The Mayor" Hoiberg is up 2-0 on the number 1 seed in the east

so tell me how you guys who had these two guys as a top 5 bad coaches ?

but im the bad guy/ the racist because i have 5 Horrific coaches who prove time and time again they are terrible

:lol: Do you realize how dumb you are? Jason Kidd is African-American.

And funny enough Fred Hoiberg has said himself that Rajon Rondo is like the de-facto coach of the team, runs the offense, calls out defensive sets etc.. so how much credit does Hoiberg really deserve?

You are missing the point. This wasn't about Jason Kidd being black and being a good coach. If anything it proves that he really isn't racists and still the 5 worst coach's are black (I am not in this argument I dont care , but just pointing that fact out)

I don't care how much of a coach on the floor Rondo might be.....In essence Fred Hoiberg succeeded with him, which we know is hard to do. Carlsile failed I guess.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: RE: Who are the top 5 worst coaches in the league 

Post#140 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 pm

JudBuchler wrote:In your honest opinion?

1. Alvin Gentry , This guy has had Anthony Davis and all start caliber PG jrue holiday , even now with Cousins the team is garbage and has been all of gentrys tenure there.

Jrue Holiday played nothing like an All Star caliber PG. Countless unforced turnovers and bad decisions. That's on the player, not the coach.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board