ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.) 

Post#1901 » by Derento » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

captvict wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:Image

Look at his lower body compared to Monk's. He needs more milk.

Monk looks a couple inches taller as well. I like them both. I might side with monk because of his shooting ability and that he has a good handle as well.

The angle is bad in that picture.
They are about the same height
Fox has a higher standing reach doe.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1902 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

OrangeAndFlu wrote:Can we for one second entertain the possibility of a markannen KP Melo front line ?

Offensively it would be insane he's got the foot speed to become competent defensively and we can only expect KP to fill out more

Willy I don't buy as a full time starter and I'm not super optimistic on the upside because of the lack of athleticism

I would still rather a guard but I'm prepped to be disappointed

we can. it's possible.

i think melo seeks a new start. but a KP/lauri twin tower situation could be devastating.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,146

Post#1903 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Three things scare me about Fox. His lanky frame, Shooting consistency, Left hand dominant. But with all that being said, I'm still taking him over Franky though.

Don't lefty's seem to do well because everyone forgets to guard their left hand. Maybe that's just the Knicks and then Clyde harping on it during the broadcast :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1904 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Derento wrote:
captvict wrote:

Monk looks a couple inches taller as well. I like them both. I might side with monk because of his shooting ability and that he has a good handle as well.

IB4 someone says how enormously fat Melo looks next to them
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1905 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Derento wrote:
captvict wrote:

Welp.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#1906 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm

sims wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:Three things scare me about Fox. His lanky frame, Shooting consistency, Left hand dominant. But with all that being said, I'm still taking him over Franky though.

i like him as a prospect (although i see him as a bit more of a project than others) but my biggest concern with him is his body type. he's lean and narrow - although apparently wiry strong - and will probably stay that way through his career. i don't see him ever becoming a strong PG like westbrook or wall, which makes me wonder if he'll be able to absorb contact in the lane the way those guys do given that his speed and tenacity are considered among his best attributes for now. he's a bit of a different type of athlete than we're used to seeing in the nba - more of a track athlete than a born basketball player to me. none of this is meant to be a knock on the guy at all. i think he has great intangibles and could really pan out. but i could also see him struggling to hang on a physical level if he is in fact a little bit light in the cakes....

but then again, none of that may matter in a softer league that's designed to highlight speed and athleticism.

He;s not Westbrook or even Wall, but he should be able to add some muscle. Maybe his body type is closer to Rondo who may have been even skinnier.

Between strength and shooting, they are concerns...But I think they are very fixable issues for him. I would def bet on Fox and really hope we pick him
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1907 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm

sims wrote:

i like him as a prospect (although i see him as a bit more of a project than others) but my biggest concern with him is his body type. he's lean and narrow - although apparently wiry strong - and will probably stay that way through his career. i don't see him ever becoming a strong PG like westbrook or wall, which makes me wonder if he'll be able to absorb contact in the lane the way those guys do given that his speed and tenacity are considered among his best attributes for now. he's a bit of a different type of athlete than we're used to seeing in the nba - more of a track athlete than a born basketball player to me. none of this is meant to be a knock on the guy at all. i think he has great intangibles and could really pan out. but i could also see him struggling to hang on a physical level if he is in fact a little bit light in the cakes....

but then again, none of that may matter in a softer league that's designed to highlight speed and athleticism.

I think you're on to something. First off, most NBA offenses are very spread out. Then again if he came to the Knicks.... :D Anyway, between lack of physical play being allowed, no hand checking and the league doing everything to add offense, for these reasons alone I'd be optimistic about Fox.

And now for a huge benefit I just thought of as I was typing. I mean huge. (Trump voice).

What kind of players draw lots of fouls? Two kinds. Ones that aggressively drive to the paint (check box here) AND lanky thin guys with long limbs who flail around after contact. Fox will bounce around like a ping pong ball when he gets hit and he's all arms and legs.

Fox is going to live at the FT line in today's NBA. Perennially among the league leaders in attempts. Heard it here first.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1908 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
sims wrote:

I think you're on to something. First off, most NBA offenses are very spread out. Then again if he came to the Knicks.... :D Anyway, between lack of physical play being allowed, no hand checking and the league doing everything to add offense, for these reasons alone I'd be optimistic about Fox.

And now for a huge benefit I just thought of as I was typing. I mean huge. (Trump voice).

What kind of players draw lots of fouls? Two kinds. Ones that aggressively drive to the paint (check box here) AND lanky thin guys with long limbs who flail around after contact. Fox will bounce around like a ping pong ball when he gets hit and he's all arms and legs.

Fox is going to live at the FT line in today's NBA. Perennially among the league leaders in attempts. Heard it here first.

Only if he ends up somewhere else since Knicks never get any calls :lol:
Mavs
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1909 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
sims wrote:

He;s not Westbrook or even Wall, but he should be able to add some muscle. Maybe his body type is closer to Rondo who may have been even skinnier.

Between strength and shooting, they are concerns...But I think they are very fixable issues for him. I would def bet on Fox and really hope we pick him

I'd be concerned about his strength more if he was more of a straight line driver to the hoop but he's really elusive with his footwork and really quick. It's funny how speed sometimes gets overrated over quickness. Don't get me wrong, speed is great and makes a difference in enough scenarios, but usable quickness is a really big deal and Fox has it, a lot of it.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1910 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
sims wrote:

Only if he ends up somewhere else since Knicks never get any calls :lol:

Crap. How could I forget. He'll be tossed around like a rag doll and never get to the FT line. :D
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#1911 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Reign23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
You're wasting your time. Just sit back an read their responses on draft night after Phil drafts Frank or someone else instead of DSJr and a few others mentioned.

Some people didn't pay attention to Phil's chronicles about short point guards, yet they believe Phil is going to waste his draft pick on a player that is 6'1" or 6'2".

I see Phil drafting Frank Ntilikina (6'5) with the 7th pick, or trading down and taking Terrance Ferguson (6'7).

Trade 7th pick for Sac's 2 firsts
Draft Fox
Draft Ferguson (or Jackson)
Celebrate

there is no way that a team trades #8 and #10 for #7. no chance.

We're talking about the Kings here
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1912 » by shtolky » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Ball
4. Fox
5. DSJ

Not sure what I would do after that yet

Frank/Monk/Tatum/Issac/Lauri?

I think that will be the order

Those seem to be the 5 best with Tatum probably in there before fox

I think we will be looking at monk or frank at 7

If you're talking about the current lottery order, I can't see why Philly takes Fox. He might be the 4th most talented player, but given how they roster is set, I think the last thing they need is a PG whose weakness is shooting given they have been talking up Simmons as their point. That team needs a shooter (Monk) and and maybe a defensive SF (Isaac) if they don't think Covington is the answer.
OrangeAndFlu
Sixth Man
And1: 666

Post#1913 » by OrangeAndFlu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
OrangeAndFlu wrote:Can we for one second entertain the possibility of a markannen KP Melo front line ?

Offensively it would be insane he's got the foot speed to become competent defensively and we can only expect KP to fill out more

Willy I don't buy as a full time starter and I'm not super optimistic on the upside because of the lack of athleticism

we can. it's possible.

i think melo seeks a new start. but a KP/lauri twin tower situation could be devastating.

I do to but I didn't wanna write Kuz or Lance

Any kind of point guard that can operate out of a PnR would thrive.

As long as our defense is okay it we'd be able to hang with anybody

Might even get a blowout win next season

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#Tanked
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1914 » by Derento » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Fox's frame is simliar to Monta Ellis

Fox
Spoiler:

Ellis
Spoiler:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1915 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Fox is gonna be like Curry...someone's gonna sneak in and steal him away right in front of us :sad:
Mavs
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#1916 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:

nah
With Willy around and the smaller Pfs who are doing so well in the league this wouldn't make sense

Monk would be better if we're looking at spacing and scoring

If we fall back and he drops, I can see us taking Isaac to play the 4 and KP at the 5. Make WHG the 6th man who gets 28-30 mpg and can play next to either.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1917 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Fox is gonna be like Curry...someone's gonna sneak in and steal him away right in front of us :sad:

Wolves won't make that mistake twice :lol:
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,004

Post#1918 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Trade 7th pick for Sac's 2 firsts
Draft Fox
Draft Ferguson (or Jackson)
Celebrate

there is no way that a team trades #8 and #10 for #7. no chance.

We're talking about the Kings here

sure, but not even them...
formerly known as knickst4pe
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#1919 » by shtolky » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Fox is gonna be like Curry...someone's gonna sneak in and steal him away right in front of us :sad:

Only difference is, instead of a crappy Jordan Hill "consolation prize" we could be looking at an equally awesome PG at the next spot. Thank god for depth.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#1920 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:43 pm

shtolky wrote:

Only difference is, instead of a crappy Jordan Hill "consolation prize" we could be looking at an equally awesome PG at the next spot. Thank god for depth.

Yep, even in the Curry draft we passed on DeRozan, Jennings, Holiday, and Teague
Obviously none are as good as Curry, but all were good options
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks