Jonathan Jeanne

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Jonathan Jeanne 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Goldbum wrote:I'm really not sure how to rate this guy. Earlier I had him as a real sleeper. A guy who would go mid to late first round and turn into a real force. I like his shot, length, agility and mobility. He seems to have above average feet and hands. Long term I see him as a PF, and small ball Center. The problem is he seems to be dropping on everybody's draft boards and oddly shrinking... Earlier he was 7'3, then 7'2 now 7'1". I've read reports that he's developing well and others that he's not progressing and is developing an attitude.
Does anyone know what's really going on?

i dont know if its his size dropping him but this dude who watches international ball mentioned him on the nets board so i downloaded and watched his games. first thing that stood out... dude is a turnover machine. fumbles it away, no awareness when being doubled or if someone comes from the weak side and forces blind passes alot.

that said, he is super fluid and graceful for his size. so i can see why people see the potential... not may 7'2" guys can blitz a pick and roll. he does/has the potential to.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,870

Post#22 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:06 pm

His hands really scare me. That's what separates Gobert from a lot of guys that came into the league skinny with size, he has excellent hands (And lets not discount an elite work ethic). Its hard to teach hands, some have them and some don't. This kid doesn't seem to have them. I think high-to-middle R2, but can see a team taking him low R1 to stash trying to find the next Gobert.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#23 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 pm

EDIT: Sorry, got confused with Bolden.

I don't like his size. He's Ingram skinny. I don't think he can make it work at the NBA level.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#24 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:EDIT: Sorry, got confused with Bolden.

I don't like his size. He's Ingram skinny. I don't think he can make it work at the NBA level.

As a skinny player Ingram has really played well, especially defensively.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,213

Post#25 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:12 pm

doordoor123 wrote:

Are you trolling again or is this a real take?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Do you watch basketball or nah?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#27 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:40 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Yeah, but I'm not sure we're watching the same game. Are we talking about the Ingram that shot 62% from the free throw line, 29% on 3s, 47.4% TS overall, 8.5 PER, and ranked #459 in RPM this season? That Ingram?

Because that Ingram was terrible as a rookie on both ends of the court. He shows some flashes of something, but he's very far from being a useful NBA player.

But, of course, now you'll tell me you were trolling. Just as you did a few years after telling me Jimmer would be an All-Star. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Yeah, but I'm not sure we're watching the same game. Are we talking about the Ingram that shot 62% from the free throw line, 29% on 3s, 47.4% TS overall, 8.5 PER, and ranked #459 in RPM this season? That Ingram?

Because that Ingram was terrible as a rookie on both ends of the court. He shows some flashes of something, but he's very far from being a useful NBA player.

But, of course, now you'll tell me you were trolling. Just as you did a few years after telling me Jimmer would be an All-Star. :lol:

Well you clearly are only looking at the stats. He got better as the year went on, gained more confidence and started attacking the basket more.

In terms of defense, he was the only one stopping guys, especially the second half of the season. The only times he had trouble was when guys would overpower him in the post. It started happening less in the second half of the season because someone taught him how to use his length. He even has a quote saying that he learned his length has advantages. Dude, watch more basketball and stop relying on statistics.

You're clearly the one trolling. It's the only thing you're good for apparently.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#29 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:01 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Well you clearly are only looking at the stats. He got better as the year went on, gained more confidence and started attacking the basket more.

In terms of defense, he was the only one stopping guys, especially the second half of the season. The only times he had trouble was when guys would overpower him in the post. It started happening less in the second half of the season because someone taught him how to use his length. He even has a quote saying that he learned his length has advantages. Dude, watch more basketball and stop relying on statistics.

You're clearly the one trolling. It's the only thing you're good for apparently.

Ok, so for the record, you say you're not trolling. Good to know.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:35 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Okay, for the record you're wrong yet again. Yet again you're not watching basketball and judging a game of basketball on numbers and not considering the actual game, undermining the actual development players go through and changes that happen naturally throughout time. It's like you're in denial of human physiology and its relationship with time.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#31 » by EvanZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Okay, for the record you're wrong yet again. Yet again you're not watching basketball and judging a game of basketball on numbers and not considering the actual game, undermining the actual development players go through and changes that happen naturally throughout time. It's like you're in denial of human physiology and its relationship with time.

I watched Ingram. He's just bad right now. You said "he's played very well". I don't know what you're watching tbh.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by doordoor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 pm

EvanZ wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

I watched Ingram. He's just bad right now. You said "he's played very well". I don't know what you're watching tbh.

I said AS A SKINNY PLAYER he has played really well. I could have said Skal Labissiere too. And yes, he has played well, granted I didn't say he has played well all season and I didn't say he's automatically a superstar. All I said was that he has been playing really well AS A SKINNY PLAYER. And he has been, recently, yes.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:02 am

doordoor123 wrote:

Wait... what? Ingram has played... well? Are you sure that's the word you meant to use?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#34 » by GimmeDat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:49 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

Wait... what? Ingram has played... well? Are you sure that's the word you meant to use?

He has. Come in leaps and bounds as the season's progressed. I think he's on track relative to the hopes of him as a prospect.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:14 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He has. Come in leaps and bounds as the season's progressed. I think he's on track relative to the hopes of him as a prospect.

You can't be serious...

Ingram has been AWFUL. If he's taken leaps and bounds, it's been from AWFUL to somewhat awful. He was suppose to be some great shooter and shot 40, 30, 60 for his rookie year. Play-maker? 2 assists per 1.5 TO's. He got cooked on defense often. Looked half asleep most of the time.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by doordoor123 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:16 pm

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:Wait... what? Ingram has played... well? Are you sure that's the word you meant to use?

You can't be serious...

Ingram has been AWFUL. If he's taken leaps and bounds, it's been from AWFUL to somewhat awful. He was suppose to be some great shooter and shot 40, 30, 60 for his rookie year. Play-maker? 2 assists per 1.5 TO's. He got cooked on defense often. Looked half asleep most of the time.

I'm not convinced you've seen a Lakers game recently.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

You can't be serious...

Funny because I'm not convinced you have :lol:
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by doordoor123 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:You can't be serious...

Funny because I'm not convinced you have :lol:

Yet I'm using visual evidence and your argument is numbers
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#39 » by GimmeDat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 am

You need to reset the bar on how you evaluate prospects these days - Ingram is still 19 and no where near physically ready.

Some of the games he had and the tools he flashed justify his draft position.

You could probably say the same for Jeanne - even if he turns in to a very good player eventually, I doubt you'd see any positive production for at least a few years from him.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by doordoor123 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 am

GimmeDat wrote:You need to reset the bar on how you evaluate prospects these days - Ingram is still 19 and no where near physically ready.

Some of the games he had and the tools he flashed justify his draft position.

You could probably say the same for Jeanne - even if he turns in to a very good player eventually, I doubt you'd see any positive production for at least a few years from him.

Ingram isn't physically ready, but he has been clogging pass lanes, recovering well, hustling for loose balls and poking balls out. He also runs really fluidly with the ball and has flashes of good passing vision. He has also been drawing fouls a lot more and getting to the line more. His three point shot has also been improving, but it's still inconsistent. It's ignorant to assume his numbers say everything. He's looked good and I expect him to be a good productive player next season.

Return to NBA Draft