Rondo Out - Broken Thumb

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,441

Re: Rondo Out - Broken Thumb 

Post#21 » by CBS7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

otwok wrote:
CBS7 wrote:
otwok wrote:This changes the whole series. The Bulls will be lucky to win another game in the series. Rondo has done a great job offensively and defensively.

They aren't getting 4-0'd without rondo. They still have the rebounding advantage, the best player in the series, and Wade.

Well Rondo has been doing an amazing job controlling the pace, he has played well against Thomas, he adds to the rebounding, and more importantly his on court coaching. I can see the Bulls lose 4 straight.

Didn't need a good Rondo performance to win game 1 on the road. He had a phenomenal game 2, but was pretty mediocre game 1.

Didn't like the Bulls chances against the Wizards when healthy, but now I think they lose 4-0 or 4-1 without Rondo.
CometGM
Senior
And1: 407

Post#22 » by CometGM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

RaptorRed wrote:Has anyone ever played with a broken thumb ? Can you tape it or something if it's your off hand ? lol

He might be able to shoot better now....
https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-c8bJDVz7i9KRW
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#23 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

They will be fine. They have a former ROY waiting to take over.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#24 » by Mojo Amok » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm

robbie84 wrote:There is a basketball god!
Thank you once again RR!

This is decidedly not the greatest comment on RealGM today. :nonono:
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#25 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

shmeakone wrote:Noooooo. I have a feeling Rondo will play through it though. He's done so with a dislocated elbow for God's sakes.

JR Smith fractured his thumb and was out for months. If it's broken, that definitely isn't an injury you can play through .. probably hurts like hell to even move his hand
spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Post#26 » by spacemonkey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

How'd he break it?
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,644

Post#27 » by Yoshun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

They're really going to miss his defense the most. MCW is a solid ball handler, not as good as Rondo but solid, and has decent court vision and all of that. His D blows though, it's sad.
DeadHorse
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#28 » by DeadHorse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

RaptorRed wrote:Has anyone ever played with a broken thumb ? Can you tape it or something if it's your off hand ? lol

Didn't rondo play with a broken arm a few years ago?
HireTZ (And Bruno).
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,423

Post#29 » by shmeakone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Weird timing for the news...

It just doesn't add up.

He fractured it Tuesday during the game, but the news only comes out now that its fractured? So it takes 3 days for him to realise its fractured or to get an MRI? The Bulls haven't disclosed that he's out 4-8 weeks either which is the typical timing. I have a feeling he's going to play tonight, but the Bulls want the Celtics to plan for the Bulls like he's not going to play.

I just really don't understand how they rule he has a broken thumb 3 days after the injury took place.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 999

Post#30 » by MissileMike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Expect lots of Grant- not MCW....
linkz1993
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#31 » by linkz1993 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

guys... its rondo he played with a broken arm before... I bet he suits up
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,470

Post#32 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,026

Post#33 » by SimonFish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

shmeakone wrote:Weird timing for the news...

It just doesn't add up.

He fractured it Tuesday during the game, but the news only comes out now that its fractured? So it takes 3 days for him to realise its fractured or to get an MRI? The Bulls haven't disclosed that he's out 4-8 weeks either which is the typical timing. I have a feeling he's going to play tonight, but the Bulls want the Celtics to plan for the Bulls like he's not going to play.

I just really don't understand how they rule he has a broken thumb 3 days after the injury took place.

It's the Bulls medical staff. Everything makes sense.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#34 » by RaptorRed » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

It just doesn't add up.

what are you trying to say ? That it's not broken ? Maybe they knew earlier but only decided to announce it today so that the Celtics cant plan for MCW and Grant ...
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,026

Post#35 » by SimonFish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Mojo Amok wrote:
robbie84 wrote:There is a basketball god!
Thank you once again RR!

This is decidedly not the greatest comment on RealGM today. :nonono:

I now understand Raptors fans' hatred towards Celtics fans.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#36 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:41 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:Wow. The bulls were about to make history and now they are about to be history.

Mcw is awful. Bulls have no chance

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Excited about the Playoffs now that Durant has given other teams a fighting chance

Just have MCW defend IT. Wade or Butler should handle most of the offensive duties.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#37 » by red_power » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

So Chicago left with MCW and Grant on pg.. And as far as I know they both are so bad so they won't even be able to exploit that Isaiah mismatch.
Really really bad news for bulls. For them it sucks in a very big way.
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#38 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

It just doesn't add up.

I broke a finger very recently playing ball. I thought I had just jammed it, shook it off and kept playing. It hurt but it didn't effect my game too much. A couple hours later it had swelled up and was way more painful. I spent a couple days icing the hell out of it without any improvement before getting an x-ray that revealed the non-displaced fracture. When you first do it and it doesn't at all seem like a big deal you dismiss it. He probably didn't even bother telling the staff about it until it hadn't improved a day later.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#39 » by Froob » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:44 pm

Turning it off if MCW hits a 3 first play of the game.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#40 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

crappy news, Rondo was playing his best in a while.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to The General Board