ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Re: Draft Thread Fury's #9 FTW! - Picking 7th Currently (Also, no to Isaac.) 

Post#1921 » by Orange Mamba » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Frank looks like a perfect fit for how we want to play tbh. I'm ready.

On a side note, I wonder if he can still grow taller. 6'5 at 18 years old. Damn
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,033

Post#1922 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

shtolky wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Fox is gonna be like Curry...someone's gonna sneak in and steal him away right in front of us :sad:

Only difference is, instead of a crappy Jordan Hill "consolation prize" we could be looking at an equally awesome PG at the next spot. Thank god for depth.

this
formerly known as knickst4pe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,219

Post#1923 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm

shtolky wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Fox is gonna be like Curry...someone's gonna sneak in and steal him away right in front of us :sad:

Only difference is, instead of a crappy Jordan Hill "consolation prize" we could be looking at an equally awesome PG at the next spot. Thank god for depth.

True...just have to make the right pick.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,941

Post#1924 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Orange Mamba wrote:Frank looks like a perfect fit for how we want to play tbh. I'm ready.

frank is kind of exactly who we need.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,539

Post#1925 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Orange Mamba wrote:Frank looks like a perfect fit for how we want to play tbh. I'm ready.

could you imagine our defensive potential say we did deal Melo and KOQ to the celtics for some kind of pacakge including Crowder and Smart?

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

the perimeter defense would be other worldly.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#1926 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

could you imagine our defensive potential say we did deal Melo and KOQ to the celtics for some kind of pacakge including Crowder and Smart?

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

The defense would be good, but I would hate seeing Smart and Crowder in a Knicks jersey. Can't stand those two.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,250

Post#1927 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

The defense would be good, but I would hate seeing Smart and Crowder in a Knicks jersey. Can't stand those two.

They're the type of player you hate when you play against them, but love when they play for you
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#1928 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

K-DOT wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

They're the type of player you hate when you play against them, but love when they play for you

Nah. Smart's flopping is ridiculous and almost disrespectful to the game. Crowder is overrated and loves to run his mouth. Hard pass. Find our own guys.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1929 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

OrangeAndFlu wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
That's funny because I look at Frank as a Kris Middleton type player, but an even better defender.

Khris Middleton is one of the best defenders in the league. Dude should be 2 times all defense right now. No way Frank is better. As good as maybe. I'd take Khris over Demar honestly.

You trolling right ? Deacne is the leading scorer on a top 10 team put Middleton in that position and see what he does. Replace Middleton with derozan and we're talking contending in Milwaukee

Khris is one of the best defenders in the league and is super efficient scorer who can score from every level on the court. Look at how great the Bucks have been with him, extrapolate that over the full season, and you'll get similar results.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#1930 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
OrangeAndFlu wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Khris Middleton is one of the best defenders in the league. Dude should be 2 times all defense right now. No way Frank is better. As good as maybe. I'd take Khris over Demar honestly.

You trolling right ? Deacne is the leading scorer on a top 10 team put Middleton in that position and see what he does. Replace Middleton with derozan and we're talking contending in Milwaukee

Khris is one of the best defenders in the league and is super efficient scorer who can score from every level on the court. Look at how great the Bucks have been with him, extrapolate that over the full season, and you'll get similar results.

Honestly would take Khris over Demar AND Lowry.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#1931 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:28 pm

Reign23 wrote:
shtolky wrote:

this

With Smith Jr and Fox potentially gone, I'm not really sold on Frankie N as that "awesome PG". It's no sure thing. It's more like "very questionable, might be possible awesome PG and just as likely some guy who's a cadillac Mardy Collins"
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1932 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

Smart and Sullinger were the worst. Crowder I'm not wild about but could deal with in that regard.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,684

Post#1933 » by shtolky » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
shtolky wrote:

this

With Smith Jr and Fox potentially gone, I'm not really sold on Frankie N as that "awesome PG". It's no sure thing. It's more like "very questionable, might be possible awesome PG and just as likely some guy who's a cadillac Mardy Collins"

Well I said could be. Anyone who claims they know that Frank is going to suck, or Fox and Smith will be awesome, is just speculating. I was simply making a comparison between the 2009 draft with Hill being a clear consolation prize (I remember being very upset Curry was taken before us and hating the Hill pick) and this upcoming draft with so many potential guys. I am not even saying Fox or Smith will be awesome, but I think it's easy to see that Frank is a much better prospect than Hill was. The drop from Curry to Hill was enormous. I am not sure there is much of a drop if any from Fox/Smith to Frank. Time will tell.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1934 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
OrangeAndFlu wrote:

Honestly would take Khris over Demar AND Lowry.

Honestly, it depends what kind of team. If you need an engine to be the #1 guy, I might go with Lowry. However, in every other scenario, I go with Khris and don't look back. I wrote about him on my blog during his draft saying he's a massive sleeper, along with Green, and how he and Green will end up making a **** ton of teams look super foolish. Middleton was a baller at Texas A&M.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#1935 » by SmoothLefty21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Gonna be crushed when both Monk and Fox are gone right before our pick. After the top six of Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Tatum, Fox and Monk I'm not excited about any of the prospects. I'd much rather gamble on Frank than take Smith Jr though, I'd avoid that guy like the plague. No interest in Markkanen or Isaac either.

At least we'll be absolutely awful next year so we can have a shot at a Top 3 pick.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1936 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

shtolky wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
this

Well I said could be. Anyone who claims they know that Frank is going to suck, or Fox and Smith will be awesome, is just speculating. I was simply making a comparison between the 2009 draft with Hill being a clear consolation prize (I remember being very upset Curry was taken before us and hating the Hill pick) and this upcoming draft with so many potential guys. I am not even saying Fox or Smith will be awesome, but I think it's easy to see that Frank is a much better prospect than Hill was. The drop from Curry to Hill was enormous. I am not sure there is much of a drop if any from Fox/Smith to Frank. Time will tell.

Well, that much is true. The Knicks blew a few picks on guys after Derozan, but the talent did drop off. Then again, Flynn and Thabeet were massive reaches. But agree the talent doesn't drop off in the same way.

But IF Frank N doesn't pan out, I think it would be fair to look back and say the PG talent dropped after Fox/Smith Jr.

Knicks aren't in control enough of their destiny once again. They have to hope at least 2 SF types go in the top rounds. Jackson is a sure thing, then the Knicks are left wishing, as someone else posted, that Tatum or Issac go top 6 (one of them)
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1937 » by reub » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Ntilikina
Smart
Crowder
KP
WHG

Don't lose any sleep over it because Melo has very little value. Skills are diminishing, doesn't play defense, plays his way first, holds the ball. We'd be lucky to get a very late first round pick for him or maybe an average player like Rozier.
KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Post#1938 » by KnicksFTW » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

I hope to god DSJ or Monk get off the board before our pick cuz i want nothing to do with them.

Why no to Isaac?! If we don't end up in top 3, I'd want Fox/Frank/Isaac in that order.

If we walk out with Fox, I might cry. Yeah he has his weaknesses, but a lot of the good he does, this team desperately needs. His shot can get better over time but that defensive potential is something ELSE.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,491

Post#1939 » by j4remi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm

KnicksFTW wrote:I hope to god DSJ or Monk get off the board before our pick cuz i want nothing to do with them.

Why no to Isaac?! If we don't end up in top 3, I'd want Fox/Frank/Isaac in that order.

If we walk out with Fox, I might cry. Yeah he has his weaknesses, but a lot of the good he does, this team desperately needs. His shot can get better over time but that defensive potential is something ELSE.

:nod: :nod: :nod:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,219

Post#1940 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Orlando is another wild card. They could probably use everything. Hopefully they mess up there pick and draft whoever is gonna bust
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks