ImageImage

PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 3) - Bucks answer back big at home!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Re: PG Thread (Raptors - GAME 3) - Bucks answer back big at home! 

Post#421 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Prince12 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:So basically this summer we'll be discussing the next logical step, which is what we need to add to beat the Cavs and get out of the East next year?
Because really, right now other than the Cavs I'd be happy to have a series with anyone in the East.

we need to replace Henson with a better 3rd center. drafting one would be fine.
we need to replace Mirza with a veteran forward off the bench like tucker or Patterson or somebody like the raps got.
we need to draft another wing like Vaughn in the event he doesn't work out.
we need to draft an athletic speed based combo guard for the terry role on this team.

besides that we keep everybody and no freaking out if it isn't up and up and up. just need to get older, wiser and let things marinate. we are in a good position to dominate the east for years if we just keep drafting half way decent and don't fiddle around much besides that. no big moves this offseason like after FTD.

Ahh Henson's number one defender has seen the light. Here's hoping we can ship him that's for sure.

I think he could fill that 3rd center role just fine but hes too expensive. that 3rd role needs to be a minimum salary guy or a rookie scale contract.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#422 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:35 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:So basically this summer we'll be discussing the next logical step, which is what we need to add to beat the Cavs and get out of the East next year?
Because really, right now other than the Cavs I'd be happy to have a series with anyone in the East.

we need to replace Mirza with a veteran forward off the bench like tucker or Patterson or somebody like the raps got.
we need to draft an athletic speed based combo guard for the terry role on this team.

besides that we keep everybody and no freaking out if it isn't up and up and up. just need to get older, wiser and let things marinate. we are in a good position to dominate the east for years if we just keep drafting half way decent and don't fiddle around much besides that. no big moves this offseason like after FTD.

1. Draft Ike Anigbogu
2. Sign maybe the cheapest of Jonas Jerebko, Ersan, Tucker, Patterson, Kris Humprhies, Lauvergne, Mirotic
3. Draft Thornwell, Hart or Iwundu in the second
4. Trade for late first or buy second round pick and draft Juwan Evans (1st) or Frank Mason (2nd)
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#423 » by TheWig » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Duuuuuude. You used to be one of my favorite posters here. Its ok if you misread this team. Nobody, even optimists like myself, could have predicted we'd have two blowout playoff wins through three chances. But enough with the pining for <insert prospect here>. Giannis was healthy, Middleton was in midseason form his first game back. Those two factors alone should have set off an alarm saying "forget the tank" "forget the tank." It long past time to worry about draft slots. Enjoy. The. Ride.
Yes we went on a tear in March and ended April like the rest of the year. They just did not end the year on a good note. Everybody could see that. Good news is that everybody in the East except for Cleveland is beatable. The Raptors are playing like complete crap and we are playing well. I forgot what its like too watch good playoff basketball. I can see why MCG wants another star player. He wants a 50 + game winner. So do I. I just do not feel like we have a 50 game winner next year. Meanwhile go Bucks and I hope they make it to the ECF.

Forget the ECF, 2nd round is tougher since it's vs Cle. Get through that and we're going to the Finals!

Let's finish off toronto first.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#424 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm

TheWig wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:Yes we went on a tear in March and ended April like the rest of the year. They just did not end the year on a good note. Everybody could see that. Good news is that everybody in the East except for Cleveland is beatable. The Raptors are playing like complete crap and we are playing well. I forgot what its like too watch good playoff basketball. I can see why MCG wants another star player. He wants a 50 + game winner. So do I. I just do not feel like we have a 50 game winner next year. Meanwhile go Bucks and I hope they make it to the ECF.

Forget the ECF, 2nd round is tougher since it's vs Cle. Get through that and we're going to the Finals!

Yup, anything after a first round win would be icing on the cake, but need to get two more wins first. If we lose on Saturday, everything is even and we are still a heavy under dog.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#425 » by imithanos » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Prince12 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Ahh Henson's number one defender has seen the light. Here's hoping we can ship him that's for sure.

I think he could fill that 3rd center role just fine but hes too expensive. that 3rd role needs to be a minimum salary guy or a rookie scale contract.

Or a cheap Euro I would add.
No hay banda.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#426 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:41 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
Pretty well spot on. I'd add that Beasley could easily be the replacement for Mirza that you mention, obviously cost matters though.

beasleys fine if he comes back on 1 or 2 year deal but long term we need a guy who can defend more than we need a guy who can score. we get guys who can defend then our offense rages out of it. when our defense struggles and we need guys like Beasley to create in half court sets it means were not going to win enough.

this team needs to all fit the defensive mold weve been watching. thon and snell flourishing proves that specifically. anybody who can put in effort, is long and athletic who can cover ground around our stars looks good regardless of the rest of their basketball skillset. we just need to get deeper and cheaper with that last 3rd of the bench so they can fit that mold too.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#427 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
Pretty well spot on. I'd add that Beasley could easily be the replacement for Mirza that you mention, obviously cost matters though.

beasleys fine if he comes back on 1 or 2 year deal but long term we need a guy who can defend more than we need a guy who can score. we get guys who can defend then our offense rages out of it. when our defense struggles and we need guys like Beasley to create in half court sets it means were not going to win enough.

this team needs to all fit the defensive mold weve been watching. thon and snell flourishing proves that specifically. anybody who can put in effort, is long and athletic who can cover ground looks good regardless of their basketball skillset around our stars. we just need to get deeper with that last 3rd of the bench so they can fit that mold too.

Very true. Obviously I've been advocating for more 3-and-d guys for a while and there's no limit to how far they can go with better depth.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#428 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

M-C-G wrote:
TheWig wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

Yup, anything after a first round win would be icing on the cake, but need to get two more wins first. If we lose on Saturday, everything is even and we are still a heavy under dog.

Yea totally agree, said that in one of the follow ups as well. Long way to go still and as Bucks fans we all know what could still happen. As happy/cocky as we are now if we lose the next game we're pretty much up against the wall. Need the W Saturday
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#429 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

soboMP3 wrote:Speaking of important things, how do we get our free shirt for the 4th quarter bricking of two free-throws? *asking for a friend

Crowd lost their **** for this. I don't know either and am trying to figure it out.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#430 » by SirChurros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Curious if there are still people who feel we shouldn't pay someone like Snell.

This team has a **** load of chemistry and it's proving itself big time so far in the playoffs. Aside from dumping obvious guys like Telly and Henson, I think the Bucks need to do everything they can to keep this roster together.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#431 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

if we did happen to lose tomorrow I'm still confident we could and should win the series. from this moment on I expect us to win everytime we step on the court against these guys wherever that may be and despite acknowledging the potential to lose obviously any of those remains as well.

Toronto hits shots and plays unselfishly its a coin toss. they do either of those things poorly we cruise.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#432 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Is Hammond taking a back seat next year or are we just letting him go. I can imagine he might be a hot commodity at least from a drafting aspect
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#433 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Have It All wrote:Curious if there are still people who feel we shouldn't pay someone like Snell.

This team has a **** load of chemistry and it's proving itself big time so far in the playoffs. Aside from dumping obvious guys like Telly and Henson, I think the Bucks need to do everything they can to keep this roster together.

I was against retaining him as much as anyone and have reversed course. you cant break this thing up right now unless you have a CLEAR upgrade in the exact mold coming back in. ive seen us do this in the past and we regret it every single time. the guy we'd bring into replace snell may be a better cheaper player but if the mold is different the recipe wont work.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#434 » by M-C-G » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Is Hammond taking a back seat next year or are we just letting him go. I can imagine he might be a hot commodity at least from a drafting aspect

No inside knowledge, but I would guess that they would do a Doug Melvin type thing and keep him for a year in a consulting role, or at least that is what I would do. Then let Zanik hopefully negotiate some very shrewd extensions with Snell and Moose.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#435 » by averageposter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
soboMP3 wrote:Speaking of important things, how do we get our free shirt for the 4th quarter bricking of two free-throws? *asking for a friend

Crowd lost their **** for this. I don't know either and am trying to figure it out.

They threw a T-shirts into the crowd just like for a made three
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#436 » by TheWig » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Is Hammond taking a back seat next year or are we just letting him go. I can imagine he might be a hot commodity at least from a drafting aspect

I wouldn't be surprised if Hammond gets a couple of votes for executive of the year votes.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#437 » by SirChurros » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Have It All wrote:Curious if there are still people who feel we shouldn't pay someone like Snell.

I was against retaining him as much as anyone and have reversed course. you cant break this thing up right now unless you have a CLEAR upgrade in the exact mold coming back in. ive seen us do this in the past and we regret it every single time. the guy we'd bring into replace snell may be a better cheaper player but if the mold is different the recipe wont work.

Agreed.

If the Bucks win this series, especially if they win 4-1, you have to do everything you can do to keep this team together in large part. They're absolutely shredding a team that went to the Eastern Conference Finals last season and took the Cavs to seven games. That says a ton about the potential of these guys as a collective unit.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,458

Post#438 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

I think Hammond has one year left and then Zanik takes over. My guess is Hammond is ready to retire completely from the NBA.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,713

Post#439 » by HaroldinGMinor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm

imithanos wrote:Let's win the Raps tomorrow before we start talking about Lebron and the Cavs.

We are fans. We can talk about it as much as we feel like. It has no bearing on the series outcome. Thing is, the guys talking about Cleveland are the ones who will be screaming the loudest if Raps come back and win.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#440 » by chonestown » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

He fits perfectly, but if you can get Norman Powell or the like for half the price, I'd go that route. I would not want to pay a premium for Snell and I'm afraid that's what he's going to get. Middleton is going to deserve and get a hefty contract and I don't want Snell to impact what can be offered to Middleton.

Cap reality is what it comes down to.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks