If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#81 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:07 pm

skones wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.
And his 3pt% is just fine(if not great).
The poster to whom i replied to said that kemba would have been a great fit for the bucks. I don't agree.
Secondly, i voted kemba for the ASG :wink: but that doesn't mean i would have wanted him on the bucks.

Walker takes over 7 attempts a game. Brogdon isn't even on the same planet as a shooter.

What does that suppose to mean? That brogdon should be taking 7 attempts per game to know if he's a good shooter?
No need for that, he's great as he is.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#82 » by skones » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
skones wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
First of all brogdon is 3 and D. The kind of gurad the bucks need. None of the guys you mentioned is good in D. Brogdon is.
And his 3pt% is just fine(if not great).
The poster to whom i replied to said that kemba would have been a great fit for the bucks. I don't agree.
Secondly, i voted kemba for the ASG :wink: but that doesn't mean i would have wanted him on the bucks.

Walker takes over 7 attempts a game. Brogdon isn't even on the same planet as a shooter.

What does that suppose to mean? That brogdon should be taking 7 attempts per game to know if he's a good shooter?

Percentages drop when you take volume. If Brogdon is launching 7 times a game, he's not shooting 40%. That's why. Brogdon has been extremely efficient with his three point shots, but he's also highly selective. That doesn't mean he's not a good shooter, but maintaining efficiency on volume like Kemba does just makes him much better.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 pm

skones wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
skones wrote:

Percentages drop when you take volume. If Brogdon is launching 7 times a game, he's not shooting 40%. That's why.

But that's logical mate. Kemba is supposed to be the 1st option on his team.
Brogdon isn't even the 4th option on the bucks.
I can't follow this logic.
I believe that brogdon is a better 3pt shooter, i don't insult kemba(i love him lol) and i made my first comment quoting a guy who said that he would be a great fit for the bucks.
I just disagreed. The hornets fan took offense(i don't know why) and told that i'm disrespecting kemba(??????) because i have my opinion.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Re: If The Raptors Had Kemba Walker They Would Be A Lock For The Finals 

Post#84 » by yosemiteben » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 pm

I'll ask again...is Brogdon a better three point shooter than Harden, Bradley Beal, and Eric Gordon?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#85 » by Prez » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

3Diamantidis wrote:
skones wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:

Percentages drop when you take volume. If Brogdon is launching 7 times a game, he's not shooting 40%. That's why.

But that's logical mate. Kemba is supposed to be the 1st option on his team.
Brogdon isn't even the 4th option on the bucks.
I can't follow this logic.

I believe that brogdon is a better 3pt shooter, i don't insult kemba(i love him lol) and i made my first comment quoting a guy who said that he would be a great fit for the bucks.
I just disagreed. The hornets fan took offense(i don't know why) and told that i'm disrespecting kemba(??????) because i have my opinion.

You understand that none of this helps your point right? If Brogdon was the 1st option he'd be the focal point of the opposing defense. You combine that with a massive uptick in volume and he's not sniffing Kemba's percentages. I love Brogdon but you're just wrong on this.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#86 » by The_Hater » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:01 pm

skones wrote:
3Diamantidis wrote:
skones wrote:

Percentages drop when you take volume. If Brogdon is launching 7 times a game, he's not shooting 40%. That's why. Brogdon has been extremely efficient with his three point shots, but he's also highly selective. That doesn't mean he's not a good shooter, but maintaining efficiency on volume like Kemba does just makes him much better.

You're also taking what is by far Walker's best 3FG season. His career number is 35% and he barely topped 30% just 2 seasons ago. His first 4 seasons his volume of 3's was very close to Brogdan's with a significantly lower % attached to it.

While I get your theory and generally agree with it in principal, we shouldn't assume that Brogdan's % would automatically go down with added attempts considering the exact opposite happened with the player your comparing him too. Nor should we automatically assume that Walker's rate would increase if his attempts went down. And if he played in the Bucks, his attempts would almost certainly go down.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#87 » by yosemiteben » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Do most guys shoot better percentages when they become their team's primary scoring option and focus of opposing defenses and dramatically increase their volume? Kemba's transformation into an elite shooter is unprecedented, which is part of what makes him so incredible.

This seems so basic that I can't believe it's being argued against. Brogdon attempted 197 threes this season. Kemba attempted more than three times that many. Brogdon is an afterthought for defenses, he's like the fourth option at best in their starting lineup, whereas teams specifically gameplan to stop Kemba.

Kemba has transformed his shot, so looking at his career numbers will not tell you who he is today. Like I said earlier, he put up one of the best seasons as a C&S three point shooter in NBA history this season.

It is absolutely disrespectful and ignorant to act like Brogdon is a comparable shooter.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by 3Diamantidis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Kemba>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brogdon
Brogdon 3s > Kemba 3s.
That's my opinion and i can't add something else.

And that's all lol
Move on, peace out :wink:

Return to The General Board