WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 4-0

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Series Prediction

Warriors in 4
53%
Warriors in 5
30%
Warriors in 6
5%
Warriors in 7
0%
Trailblazers in 4
4%
Trailblazers in 5
1%
Trailblazers in 6
4%
Trailblazers in 7
3%

Total votes: 409

Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Re: WCQF | (1) Golden State Warriors vs Portland Trailblazers (8) | GSW 2-0 

Post#1441 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26 pm

hamncheese wrote:
tundraknight wrote:If Nurkic never got injured the Blazers would have UPSET the Warriors.

Nurkic becoming legendary for being injured.

I'm not sure if he's trolling Blazer fans, or Warrior fans. Either way it feels like a sad attempt of "and 1" hunting that's not going to pay off.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#1442 » by tundraknight » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 pm

hamncheese wrote:
tundraknight wrote:If Nurkic never got injured the Blazers would have UPSET the Warriors.

Well I think Greg Oden holds that Legendary crown you're referring to.

But anyways it's just frustrating to see good centers go down, which changes the entire impact of a series.

Just like the Gobert injury will most likely cause the Jazz to lose to the Clippers.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1443 » by tarantism » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:09 am

tundraknight wrote:
hamncheese wrote:

But anyways it's just frustrating to see good centers go down, which changes the entire impact of a series.

Just like the Gobert injury will most likely cause the Jazz to lose to the Clippers.

I would actually argue that Embiid holds that crown. Nurkic is just the flavor of the moment, and has the recipe of a) a super passionate and loyal fan base in Portland and b) a nicely productive and successful stint with said team before he went down. Truth is he is an above average center with some room to improve. Acting like he would swing the series is...well...up for debate.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#1444 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:18 am

tundraknight wrote:
hamncheese wrote:

So we are comparing the loss of Nurkic to the loss of Gobert? Gobert is by far the best defensive big in the NBA. Hes also one of the most efficient players in the NBA on offense with scoring 14 shots on just 7 shots a game.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,890

Post#1445 » by Tim Lehrbach » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 am

floppymoose wrote:
AllMyNeilOlshey wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:This might be blasphemous, but I would trade Lillard for a huge package. His value is extremely high and could get your more than McCollum. And I personally think McCollum is more complete as a player.

Trading Lillard at the time of the draft could reap huge benefits.

I think this has been discussed on the blazer board before. Can you give an example of a huge package that would work? I just dont see anything working that puts blazers in a better position. Same with CJ. I am open to trading either to make the team better but...nothing seems appealing.

CJ for Noel + filler

:lol:

Solid callback.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#1446 » by floppymoose » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 am

I'm a big Noel fan. But I'm kind of on an island there these days. I honestly like that trade for the Blazers, but I get it if Blazers fans don't.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1447 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 am

floppymoose wrote:I'm a big Noel fan. But I'm kind of on an island there these days.

Oh no... I like Noel. Definitely. Would've absolutely loved to have turned that Memphis pick into him and figured it out. But there's no way I go back now, and give up the 2nd best player on my team for a guy who was traded for 2 months ago for a couple 2nds. That's just ludicrous, and absolutely a devastatingly bad and explainable decision by the front office. Noel on the Blazers is over, it's not happening, they had a perfectly good opportunity to make such a move, and for whatever reason they decided against it. The ship on Noel has sailed. The franchise would be deservedly dragged through the mud for years for such a decision.

I'd be open to finding a trade for CJ that makes sense, but it's really hard to do on these boards. For whatever reason, I think a lot of people underrate CJ. He's not perfect by any means... but he's right there in the Kyrie Irving range level of impact, IMO. Kyrie Irving is probably a bit better of a passer though.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#1448 » by Case2012 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 am

That trade was floated on the trade board for 2 years straight and it was laughable. It's sad how many blazer fans liked that trade before the last 2 seasons... Noel was traded for nothing and CJ is an all star caliber player on almost 50/40/90 percentages. You'd have to give up a LOT for CJ, he'd be top 5 in scoring as a lead guard on a team like the 76ers.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#1449 » by Impuniti » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 am

Blazers have a lot of potential, problem is a lot of awful moves from their FO. If they manage to get someone like Ibaka and shore up their bench players with some more productive players and Nurkic can continue his form since he joined, they can be a top 3-6 team next season.

One of the biggest problems is Dame and CJ are terrible defenders, and at least one of them needs to be at least solid. They're probably the worst duo defensively in the league from the perimeter. If I was their FO, I would look for a very defensive guard that can move off the ball and pass well enough. You basically rotate him so he's always playing with CJ or Dame to offset their defensive deficiency.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#1450 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:13 pm

stop overrating him. He's a good big but nothing more at this point
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#1451 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm

tundraknight wrote:Just like the Gobert injury will most likely cause the Jazz to lose to the Clippers.

I fully expect Gobert to be back before the end of our series. IIRC, a Jazz fan mentioned before Game 2 that he was already walking around without any visible discomfort.
ProfessorJM
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#1452 » by ProfessorJM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:What a remarkable team this Warriors are. If they can play close to their best, there is no way they lose, and I'm going to be even bolder, they should win with or without Durant playing.

I agree. Not a Warriors fan at all, but I can appreciate how dominant they can be in these specific 5-12 minute stretches where they are just playing at a level I have never seen before.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1453 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:stop overrating him. He's a good big but nothing more at this point
He could be more than that, but even if he is, it still doesn't mean that they would have upset the Warriors.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#1454 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Case2012 wrote:That trade was floated on the trade board for 2 years straight and it was laughable. It's sad how many blazer fans liked that trade before the last 2 seasons... Noel was traded for nothing and CJ is an all star caliber player on almost 50/40/90 percentages. You'd have to give up a LOT for CJ, he'd be top 5 in scoring as a lead guard on a team like the 76ers.
That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Noel was traded for that package because he is an expiring, not because he is not a very good prospect. The truth is, Philly should have traded him last year. I would personally not trade him for McCollum, not because he is a better player right now, but because he has a higher ceiling.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,452

Post#1455 » by whocurrz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Case2012 wrote:That trade was floated on the trade board for 2 years straight and it was laughable. It's sad how many blazer fans liked that trade before the last 2 seasons... Noel was traded for nothing and CJ is an all star caliber player on almost 50/40/90 percentages. You'd have to give up a LOT for CJ, he'd be top 5 in scoring as a lead guard on a team like the 76ers.

Speaking of the 76ers, let's say they get the 3rd pick and weren't super high on DSJ or Fox as lead guards. They offered Josh Jackson for CJ, how would Blazers fans feel about that? He could immediately be a positive defender with some ball handling and passing abilities. His release is weird but when I've watched he's been able to hit open 3s. I've seen a lot of people say he has an Iguodala like floor. He'd have no immediate pressure to be a top two scoring option with Dame and Nurkic. I know it doesn't negate problems at PF but Dame/Crabbe/JJ is a good perimeter trio with Turner off the bench and Nurkic down low.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 1,997

Post#1456 » by Village Idiot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:03 pm

whocurrz wrote:

Speaking of the 76ers, let's say they get the 3rd pick and weren't super high on DSJ or Fox as lead guards. They offered Josh Jackson for CJ, how would Blazers fans feel about that? He could immediately be a positive defender with some ball handling and passing abilities. His release is weird but when I've watched he's been able to hit open 3s. I've seen a lot of people say he has an Iguodala like floor. He'd have no immediate pressure to be a top two scoring option with Dame and Nurkic. I know it doesn't negate problems at PF but Dame/Crabbe/JJ is a good perimeter trio with Turner off the bench and Nurkic down low.
I would guess Portland would consider trading McCollum for Paul George, who is already a very good two-way player, but decline trading for Josh Jackson, who might become good. McCollum is a fantastic player and trading him for a draft pick is not a very appealing proposition. Even if were for Fultz it seems unlikely, what are the odds he becomes better than McCollum already is and how long might that take?
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#1457 » by hongdayuan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 pm

and1GS wrote:
OptionZero wrote:if they blazers trade CJ or Dame it should be for PG13 or Butler

There's no way the Pacers or Bulls take CJ straight up for their star players. Pacers MAYBE if PG really kicks up a fuss, but it'd likely need to be CJ+something...like Harkless or Crabbe and maybe even a protected pick.

I don't think blazers would think twice if it's cj + crabbe.
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#1458 » by hongdayuan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Ganji wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Shaq cost him millions of dollars. Dude is about to recoup.

well it will be dilemma for him, stay with warriors and be great player within system, or risk it to go some crappy team again, that does not know how to use him.

I thought similar to Iggy, McGee will cash in more off the court via Silicon Valley connections, heard he's a tech geek or sth
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1459 » by and1GS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 pm

hongdayuan wrote:
and1GS wrote:
OptionZero wrote:if they blazers trade CJ or Dame it should be for PG13 or Butler

There's no way the Pacers or Bulls take CJ straight up for their star players. Pacers MAYBE if PG really kicks up a fuss, but it'd likely need to be CJ+something...like Harkless or Crabbe and maybe even a protected pick.

I don't think blazers would think twice if it's cj + crabbe.

Could be the start of something special and more 'traditional' if they sign a bigger 2 to take CJ's spot. Imagine if they got Covington and played him at the 2? Hell, or traded a couple firsts for Roberson, that team would be nasty if Nurk can just stay healthy and focused (let's be real, those are two big ifs right now).
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1460 » by OptionZero » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Covington is a 3/4, dunno why the hell you'd want him at the 2.

CJ isn't as good at PG13 or Butler but he's under contract for the next 4 years. PG13 is a game away from demanding a trade, Butler prolly should but the Bulls are too stupid to do it. Blazers happily take the shorter contract for the shot at upgrading their wing with a 2 way superstar.

Dame/Crabbe/PG13/Aminu/Nurkic - thats a team i'd be worried about as GSW since they don't lose much scoring (if any) and can actually stop people

If Indy wanted Harkless i'd throw him in too and take back an expiring to balance the money.

Return to The General Board