ImageImageImageImageImage

It's Me Against the World (KP skips exit meeting part 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Are you...

Pro-Phil, anti-Melo
15%
Pro-Melo, anti-Phil
20%
Pro-Both (Not sure how...?)
6%
Anti-Both
36%
Move Team to Seattle
23%

Total votes: 143

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: It's Me Against the World (KP skips exit meeting part 2) 

Post#441 » by Sark » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 pm

NYKBaller wrote:
Sark wrote:
NYKBaller wrote:
He was drafted in 2003 and the trailer is 2013, you've been defeated in combative banter.

It was released in 2009. Do you think they sent camera crews back in time? I mean where do you think they got the footage from? Actors?

Movie release in 2009 and he was drafted 2003. A movie about a 6 year veteran who at the time was MVP versus a fourth draft pick, rookie of the year RUNNER up , non playoff team LOSER. Just admit defeat, no fancy gif needed

Who cares when it came out? The point is they had camera crews following them in High School. I mean this isn't even the only basketball documentary out there. Shall I embarrass you more?
Sark
RealGM

Post#442 » by Sark » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Kristaps got a documentary made about him because he's a 7'3" Latvian lottery pick that is a really good player. If he sucked, and was a bust like Bargnani or Frederic Weis, I guarantee you they wouldn't make a movie about him. Playing in NY isn't the reason for the documentary. Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around NY anymore. Hate to break it to you.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#443 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Sark wrote:Kristaps got a documentary made about him because he's a 7'3" Latvian lottery pick that is a really good player. If he sucked, and was a bust like Bargnani or Frederic Weis, I guarantee you they wouldn't make a movie about him. Playing in NY isn't the reason for the documentary. Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around NY anymore. Hate to break it to you.

Wait, getting a documentary made about you makes you good? Can we get a documentary crew to LFT around lower Manhattan?
Sark
RealGM

Post#444 » by Sark » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Sark wrote:Kristaps got a documentary made about him because he's a 7'3" Latvian lottery pick that is a really good player. If he sucked, and was a bust like Bargnani or Frederic Weis, I guarantee you they wouldn't make a movie about him. Playing in NY isn't the reason for the documentary. Sorry but the world doesn't revolve around NY anymore. Hate to break it to you.

Wait, getting a documentary made about you makes you good? Can we get a documentary crew to LFT around lower Manhattan?

Unfortunately being good comes first, hence why no documentaries on Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert, and Danilo Gallinari.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

My Issue in all of this with Phil Jackson in this is that he is a hypocrite. 

Post#445 » by MadGrinch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:58 am

When he was a head coach he was extremely big on the sanctity of the team and that it was a place that management shouldn't tread.

the main issue he had with Jerry krause was that Krause was too intrusive and because of that he basically coached his team with an "us against them" mentality in chicago with the them being management specifically krause .

krause's issue with jackson mainly grew from 2 incidents
1. the info jackson provided in "the jordan rules " which jackson allowed krause to believe it was johnny bach was mainly responsible for that info for which krause basically fired him (in actuality he just refused to renew his contract)

when krause found out it was too late and bach was already employed by the hornets and blamed jackson for his all of this (the bulls later re-hired bach in 2003)

the other major incident was when krause was on the team bus during the bulls-sonics finals and they were stuck in traffic and michael jordan verbally roasted krause for almost 45 minutes, most of it about krause's personal appearance and krause felt it was jackson's job to corral jordan.

and now that jackson is in charge , he is intruding on practices and even taking them over forcing the players to play a system their coach isnt good at implementing for the sake of his own ego and aesthetics a situation he never would have tolerated as a coach.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Re: My Issue in all of this with Phil Jackson in this is that he is a hypocrite. 

Post#447 » by Kampuchea » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:23 am

YOUR main issue aint deserving of a new thread. Catch up like tomato sauce homie.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Re: My Issue in all of this with Phil Jackson in this is that he is a hypocrite. 

Post#448 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Kampuchea wrote:YOUR main issue aint deserving of a new thread. Catch up like tomato sauce homie.

well damn. normally i would agree but this thread is about phil sucking. so go head op. i'll allow it.
Pr0nzingis
Sophomore
And1: 192

Post#449 » by Pr0nzingis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:42 pm

I don't even know where to begin. Management shouldn't tread on the team? So what are they supposed to manage? Do you understand what manage and management means? Phil is being to intrusive? Says who? Is that your opinion? Well Knicks biggest star and the future of the franchise stated many times he loves Phil's intrusions, how he loves to learn from him and how he think Knicks should play the triangle 100% of the time. Now what? Oh i know KP hates phil! :lol: :lol:

I guess Melo that kept talking about Knicks and Nets while under contract with the Nuggets, and now suffered pain in his vagina, and went running and crying to his pals in the media and NBPA, because Phil disclosed what everybody knew already, Melo was ok with being traded to certain teams, he is no hypocrite according to you.

I guess Melo constantly undermining management coaches and even teammates, wasn't being intrusive! I mean how can a cancer be intrusive?

Oh ok Phil as a coach 50 years ago, had a different opinion he has now as a GM! Amazing stuff!!

Oh ok the intrusive GM, was being roasted by a player and magically lost his management skills and power and the fault was Phil's!

This **** is too funny
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,394

Post#450 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm

PJax needs to find that middle ground for good of the organization. Idk. Maybe that happens immediately after Melo leaves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#451 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:YOUR main issue aint deserving of a new thread. Catch up like tomato sauce homie.

well damn. normally i would agree but this thread is about phil sucking. so go head op. i'll allow it.

This
Greenie
RealGM

Post#452 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm

dakomish23 wrote:PJax needs to find that middle ground for good of the organization. Idk. Maybe that happens immediately after Melo leaves.

I doubt it.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,227

Post#453 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Phil > Melo

Have at it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#454 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Pr0nzingis wrote:I don't even know where to begin. Management shouldn't tread on the team? So what are they supposed to manage? Do you understand what manage and management means? Phil is being to intrusive? Says who? Is that your opinion? Well Knicks biggest star and the future of the franchise stated many times he loves Phil's intrusions, how he loves to learn from him and how he think Knicks should play the triangle 100% of the time. Now what? Oh i know KP hates phil! :lol: :lol:

I guess Melo that kept talking about Knicks and Nets while under contract with the Nuggets, and now suffered pain in his vagina, and went running and crying to his pals in the media and NBPA, because Phil disclosed what everybody knew already, Melo was ok with being traded to certain teams, he is no hypocrite according to you.

I guess Melo constantly undermining management coaches and even teammates, wasn't being intrusive! I mean how can a cancer be intrusive?

Oh ok Phil as a coach 50 years ago, had a different opinion he has now as a GM! Amazing stuff!!

Oh ok the intrusive GM, was being roasted by a player and magically lost his management skills and power and the fault was Phil's!

This **** is too funny

Are you serious right now?

First, lets stop tying Melo into everything Phil has done because Melo is NOT apart of everything Phil. Phil went out of his way to insult LeBron, talk about other teams rosters, insult Tyson and tell the world JR was having a crappy year due to woman problems. Carmelo Anthony has NOTHING to do with any of that.

Carmelo Anthony also has nothing to do with Phil forcing coaches he hires to run the triangle. That's all Phil and he's going to own that all by his lonely whether he likes it or not.

Second, forcing a system on a team you're not physically coaching is intrusive. You're actually nullifying your head coach by taking away his decision making. Once you do that you take away his authority. Who's running the show on the sidelines? You or him? What respect canhe truly demand when he can't even demand that he run the system HE sees fit?

^Is that too hard to grasp?

Third, I couldn't care less about what went down with Melo in Denver just like I don't give a flying fuq about what went down with Phil in Chicago and LA. It's all irrelevant to NY. Melo has handled himself professionally throughout this year and Phil had not. Plain and simple.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#455 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Phil > Melo

Have at it

Melo>Phil

Deal
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#456 » by bigtimeRC3 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Melo = Phil
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,917

Post#457 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:meanwhile chicago turned around and got rid of jose in no time for a 2nd

They gave the 2nd - not received.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#458 » by Bill Pidto » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:meanwhile chicago turned around and got rid of jose in no time for a 2nd

Derp
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#459 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:

they got rid of him for a 2nd. like i said. that's what it cost them. u read it wrong.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#460 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Derp

no no. no derp mr derpy. incorrect. no and1 for you.

Return to New York Knicks