Falcons: Raekwon McMillan, LB
Panthers: Antonio Garcia, T
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Re: 2017 Draft 

Post#42 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:05 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Whats you guys thoughts on grabbing Conley if he is there in later rounds?

CB out of Ohio state? Before the rape allegations I thought he'd be available in the second round and that'd be a great spot to pick him up. Idk what to make out of the allegations though. If there's any legitimacy to them then we stay far away but this could be very similar to the Lael Collins situation. We would have to gain a lot more info on his situation before drafting because no one wants to draft a rapist. This might result in him going undrafted

Yes, if read the comments around it, the allegations sounded fabricated. Supposedly there are hotel cameras and everything. Conley was ranked as a 1st round talent. If the Bears take a chance i think it could work out.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#43 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:23 pm

I don't think this staff is in the business of taking chances on guys with possible character issues

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#44 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Pace said they've narrowed the list down to 3 players.

Before they drafted white I tho k he said they have 7 on the list. When they traded up for Floyd he must've been ranked much higher than anyone else on their board. It's easy to see the best player available philosophy has been standing strong. And their evaluations seem to be really good. Let's hope they keep it up.

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#45 » by Susan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing us trade with Cleveland back to 12 + 2 second rounders.

If one of Jon Allen, Lattimore, Hooker, Barnett or Howard are there, I'd be so pumped.

That's assuming the following players would be taken in the top 11: McCaffery, Fournette, Adams, Trubisky, Thomas, Watson and Garrett
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,206

Post#46 » by fleet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Mayock has us with Lattimore. More mocks have Adams to 49ers now. I would be surprised if the Bears took Lattimore over Thomas, but not mad. The only question on Lattimore is his hamstrings.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#47 » by fleet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Just saying I would be surprised if his IQ is over 80. He's not Mike Singletary let's just put it that way. He might be Lawrence Taylor or Ray Lewis, though, so maybe I'm way off base saying stay away from him. In fact, you're right come to think of it. He has the perfect mentality for an NFL linebacker.

Doesn't change my mind that he's mentally unstable. I know that when I see it. He scares the hell out of me. You don't just get thrown out of the combine for yelling at somebody. He must have said something pretty bad or was threatening.

He doesn't seem to want to take responsibility for anything though. He didn't say "I was wrong and immature and acting like an idiot"... he said "It was crazy, man"... "I apologized to the head doctor.. to all the doctors" blah, blah.

The red flag I was talking about is that he was drinking water to put on weight to get to 230. He said he wanted to weigh what the coaches told him he should weigh.

You are 100% correct. I should not judge him. I just didn't like the kid at all from his interview.
But, he probably will make one hell of a linebacker, regardless. So, I retract my statement of staying away from him in the draft. If he's there in the 2nd round, or even late 1st, you take him.

If the Packers get him or Peppers, It's going make me upset.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#48 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Possibility Garret falls to #3. Theres alot of Buzz Browns take Trubisky, 9ers take Thomas for scheme fit.
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,093

Post#49 » by patryk7754 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Axxo wrote:Possibility Garret falls to #3. Theres alot of Buzz Browns take Trubisky, 9ers take Thomas for scheme fit.

Sounds like people are getting a little down on Garrett but that's most likely just cold feet. I can't imagine anyone thinks these QBs are close enough in talent to take them over these defensive guys
Axxo
Analyst

Post#50 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
Axxo wrote:Possibility Garret falls to #3. Theres alot of Buzz Browns take Trubisky, 9ers take Thomas for scheme fit.

Sounds like people are getting a little down on Garrett but that's most likely just cold feet. I can't imagine anyone thinks these QBs are close enough in talent to take them over these defensive guys

Yes in 99% of cases. In this case, Trubisky is an Ohio native. He would be a splash draft for the fanbase. The coaches obviously are is disagreement and supposedly they are at odds with upper management over this.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#51 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm

That said Garrett plays mostly on the outside and Bears already have d-linemen that do that. Also all of the top DE/DTs seem to have question marks holding up against the run and or double teams. With the packers going with Montgomery the best match up fit might be Adams at SS who also provides leadership.

Bears biggest needs
http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/27/chicago-bears-team-needs-heading-into-2017-nfl-draft/
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#52 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm

fleet wrote:Mayock has us with Lattimore. More mocks have Adams to 49ers now. I would be surprised if the Bears took Lattimore over Thomas, but not mad. The only question on Lattimore is his hamstrings.

but those hamstrings with Whites situation is why I think Lattimore should be ruled out . I am basically at the point of believing the pick will either be Adams or Watson
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst

Post#53 » by Axxo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:54 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:Pace said they've narrowed the list down to 3 players.

Before they drafted white I tho k he said they have 7 on the list. When they traded up for Floyd he must've been ranked much higher than anyone else on their board. It's easy to see the best player available philosophy has been standing strong. And their evaluations seem to be really good. Let's hope they keep it up.

Then I'd bet the order on their board is 1) Garrett, 2) Adams), 3) Thomas
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#54 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Todd Mcshays final top 5

1. Cleveland Browns

Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

Everything I hear suggests the Browns like Trubisky the best among the QBs. It's unlikely he drops to No. 12, where Cleveland picks again. So the questions become: Take Myles Garrett here and try to trade back up for Trubisky? Or take the QB and address pass-rusher at No. 12? Fascinating dilemma.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

I keep hearing the 49ers want to trade back, but Garrett unexpectedly falling to them would be a slam dunk for a team that needs more pass-rush help.

3. Chicago Bears

Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Adams is the No. 2 player on our board and one of the cleanest prospects in a class full of character and durability question marks. He'd be an impact player from day one for this defense.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

I would love this pick if it ends up happening. Take some pressure off of QB Blake Bortles, run the football and play defense. If Fournette were off the board at this point, Alabama TE O.J. Howard would be in play. I've also heard rumors of potential interest in Clemson QB Deshaun Watson.

5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams)

Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State

The Titans will try to shop this pick -- and shop it even harder if both Adams and Lattimore are gone. But the way the board fell, Tennessee gets the best man-to-man cover corner in the draft. According to many teams I've spoken to, Lattimore's hamstring injuries don't pose as big of a risk as initially thought.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#55 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Mel Kipers final top 5

1. Cleveland Browns

Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

How's this for a curveball to begin the night? The thinking is the Browns get antsy about Trubisky being available at No. 12 and don't find any takers to trade up. Could Cleveland ownership get involved and insist on a QB here? Remember, the Browns passed on Carson Wentz last year and really need a franchise-changer at the position. Myles Garrett is my No. 1-ranked prospect.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

The 49ers might run to the podium if Garrett is available here, assuming they can't find any takers who want to trade up to take Garrett. He is a brilliant, natural pass-rusher with elite size and athleticism.

3. Chicago Bears

Solomon Thomas, DL, Stanford

Jamal Adams will be in play here, but I'm going with the versatile Thomas. He'd play end in Chicago's 4-3. After snagging Leonard Floyd in last year's first round, the Bears are building a solid front seven.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

When new Jaguars executive vice president for football operations Tom Coughlin was Jacksonville's coach, he had Fred Taylor as his workhorse back. I think Coughlin will go get another guy who can pile up carries -- and hopefully touchdowns, for the sake of Jaguars fans -- to help Blake Bortles.

5. Tennessee Titans (from Rams)

Jamal Adams, S, LSU

This is a potential trading spot for teams trying to jump in front of the Jets and take Mitchell Trubisky. General manager Jon Robinson already has shown that he isn't afraid to deal -- he moved out of the No. 1 pick, then moved up to No. 8 last year. Adams is simply the best prospect left on the board and a steal at No. 5 overall. Top cornerback Marshon Lattimore is another possibility if the Titans keep the pick.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by fleet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Those are amazing mocks. So close to getting Garrett. Mel thinks we have a 4/3 Defense though on that Thomas pick. Although Thomas fits a 3/4 .
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#57 » by fleet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:23 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
fleet wrote:Mayock has us with Lattimore. More mocks have Adams to 49ers now. I would be surprised if the Bears took Lattimore over Thomas, but not mad. The only question on Lattimore is his hamstrings.

but those hamstrings with Whites situation is why I think Lattimore should be ruled out . I am basically at the point of believing the pick will either be Adams or Watson

I agree. Although dependig on how high they are on whats his face from Florida could impact the need for a DE
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#58 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Everything is smoke right now. Believe nothing!

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#59 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:03 pm

God, I really hope the Niners don't take Adams.

I really like him, and will be a little disappointed if we don't land him.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#60 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:07 pm

You guys think Watson will last till the late first so the Bears can trade back into the first and draft him?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bears