Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1581 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:08 pm

I imagine for a Browns fan to be excited when they hear the browns have traded back into the first....etc...

but i can't see anyone of them being happy with the result... i mean Peppers, ok... but Njoku? I'd understand if QB or Foster for that matter.... but Njoku? there?

truth be told I'm not sure what they gave up to move up
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#1582 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm

wco81 wrote:Strange, they say njoku is basically a big WR, who needs a lot of work as an inline blocker.

Not if you're running Hue's offense.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1583 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 pm

NFL'S RANDY GREGORY
FAILS 7TH DRUG TEST
... Friends Concerned

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/29/nfl-randy-gregory-fails-drug-test-friends-concerned/

Never thought they'd be able to fix him. Maybe the least surprising thing I have heard all week. Unfortunately for his family.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1584 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#1585 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Wow.

Is Robinson salvageable?

Is there no good part to his game? If poor on pass protection, can he drive block his man downfield on his runs?
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#1586 » by Ray_Dogg » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Damn
Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1587 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:07 am

Let's give them Vance McDonald and a conditional 6th for him:

Sheldon Richardson - DL - Jets

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports the Jets are still shopping DE Sheldon Richardson.

The Jets had discussions with the Cowboys and Redskins during the draft but both teams balked at having to pay Richardson's fully guaranteed $8.1 million salary. Per Mehta, the Jets have lowered their asking price and will continue to entertain trade offers for Richardson as he enters his walk year. Mehta is hearing there's a "50-50" chance he'll be dealt this summer.
Source: New York Daily News

Apr 29 - 7:13 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1588 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon May 1, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm surprised that teams like the Colts, Bucs, Packers, and Giants haven't reached out to him:

Jamaal Charles - RB - Free Agent

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski "doesn't see" the Eagles signing free agent Jamaal Charles.

Charles' "market" has been completely nonexistent, which is surprising to a degree. Though he is coming off a significant knee injury and is 30 years old, he should be able to get another shot. Before the injury, Charles was one of the best backs in the league and has never averaged fewer than 5.0 YPC in a season. The Eagles are the most RB-needy team in the league right now, but Kempski doesn't see a fit for Charles, as Philly already has a number of small-ish space backs like Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood, and rookie Donnel Pumphrey.
Source: Jimmy Kempski on Twitter

May 1 - 12:17 PM
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1589 » by CalamityX12 » Mon May 1, 2017 5:59 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Let's give them Vance McDonald and a conditional 6th for him:

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports the Jets are still shopping DE Sheldon Richardson.

The Jets had discussions with the Cowboys and Redskins during the draft but both teams balked at having to pay Richardson's fully guaranteed $8.1 million salary. Per Mehta, the Jets have lowered their asking price and will continue to entertain trade offers for Richardson as he enters his walk year. Mehta is hearing there's a "50-50" chance he'll be dealt this summer.

Even i would say, another DL?

Make no mistake i was wishing for us to sign Wilkerson prior to the '16 draft but I'm not so sure on Richardson.

I don't need a hard sell on him but why commit big money to him?
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1590 » by CalamityX12 » Mon May 1, 2017 6:00 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:I'm surprised that teams like the Colts, Bucs, Packers, and Giants haven't reached out to him:

Jamaal Charles - RB - Free Agent

Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski "doesn't see" the Eagles signing free agent Jamaal Charles.

Charles' "market" has been completely nonexistent, which is surprising to a degree. Though he is coming off a significant knee injury and is 30 years old, he should be able to get another shot. Before the injury, Charles was one of the best backs in the league and has never averaged fewer than 5.0 YPC in a season. The Eagles are the most RB-needy team in the league right now, but Kempski doesn't see a fit for Charles, as Philly already has a number of small-ish space backs like Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood, and rookie Donnel Pumphrey.
Source: Jimmy Kempski on Twitter

May 1 - 12:17 PM

49ers? could be an interesting complementary back to Hyde...

but then again we have like 10 RBs on the roster now
The ModFather

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1591 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon May 1, 2017 6:37 pm

Jimmie Ward - DB - 49ers

49ers exercised DB Jimmie Ward's fifth-year team option for 2018.

The extremely versatile defensive back has had some injury issues, so the move isn't entirely without risk for the 49ers. Option years are guaranteed for injury only. Nevertheless, Ward is a building block for a team with very few of them. The 49ers' best corner in 2016, Ward is expected to play free safety this season.

May 1 - 2:05 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1592 » by ChrisPozz » Mon May 1, 2017 7:42 pm

Bills ask for permission to interview Brandon Beane

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/bills-ask-for-permission-to-interview-brandon-beane/

49ers had interest.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1593 » by ChrisPozz » Mon May 1, 2017 7:45 pm

Bears waived former Niner WR Dres Anderson.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1594 » by ChrisPozz » Mon May 1, 2017 7:49 pm

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0650760119331593177-4

After drafting Josh Dobbs last weekend, Steelers now have released Zach Mettenberger.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1595 » by NinerSickness » Tue May 2, 2017 7:32 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Let's give them Vance McDonald and a conditional 6th for him:

Make no mistake i was wishing for us to sign Wilkerson prior to the '16 draft but I'm not so sure on Richardson.

Why not? The Niners have cap room to burn this year. Sign him up! Play him at NT for now & re-sign him if he works out. He's acted like a dummy, but if he's grown up & creates a positive atmosphere in the locker room, you can't have too many talented DL.

Armstead, Richardson, Buckner & Thomas on 1st & 2nd down would be a pretty nasty wall to run through on 1st & 2nd down (assuming Armstead is healthy).
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1596 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 2, 2017 3:19 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Why not? The Niners have cap room to burn this year. Sign him up! Play him at NT for now & re-sign him if he works out. He's acted like a dummy, but if he's grown up & creates a positive atmosphere in the locker room, you can't have too many talented DL.

Armstead, Richardson, Buckner & Thomas on 1st & 2nd down would be a pretty nasty wall to run through on 1st & 2nd down (assuming Armstead is healthy).

Didn't think of him as NT...

My mind went 34 on me lol....

That is pretty damn interesting... can't lie about that.... Was Shelden great vs the run?
The ModFather

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1597 » by ChrisPozz » Tue May 2, 2017 6:46 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Even i would say, another DL?

Didn't think of him as NT...

My mind went 34 on me lol....

That is pretty damn interesting... can't lie about that.... Was Shelden great vs the run?

Was this year, ranking anywhere between 5-10 at his position depending on what metric you look at. Seems like he doesn't rank quite that high among the folks that watch the league, know varying defenses and some of the principles behind them, and do it based on the eye test, but combining all that you can probably deduct that you can get solid run D from him if you ask him to do something similar in your defense.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1598 » by ChrisPozz » Tue May 2, 2017 6:53 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1599 » by ChrisPozz » Tue May 2, 2017 6:57 pm

Cardinals re-signed VP of player personnel Terry McDonough to a four-year extension. Was in the running for the 49ers job before they hired Lynch. Would've been my personal choice of all the realistic options at the end.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1600 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue May 2, 2017 7:46 pm

I would love to add him to our roster next year. Don't give a rat's a$$ how much of a risk it'll be because of his injury history:

Sammy Watkins - WR - Bills

The Bills will decline Sammy Watkins' fifth-year team option for 2018.

Unbelievable. This is perhaps the only thing that could have made the Bills' trade up in the 2014 draft even more disastrous. The Bills are clearly petrified of Watkins suffering another injury and guaranteeing himself a massive payday for 2018 — option years are guaranteed for injury only — but they've backed themselves into a corner if Watkins has a monster 2017, something certainly not outside the realm of possibility for a massively-talented wideout who has yet to turn 24. The franchise tag costs more than the option. In a league placing an ever-increasing premium on high-end receiving talent, the Bills are playing fire with theirs. The Bills maybe shouldn't be letting someone who was a defensive coordinator just five months ago run their front office.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 2 - 3:04 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers