chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Re: Bears #2 pick Mitch Trubisky QB 

Post#41 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu May 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:

If he turns into Derek Carr type, Pace hit a home run.

Biggest thing for Pace will be before Trubisky starts is to get him a solid oline.

Yeah, sittin him is the best thing until all the other pieces are in place.

I dont know about that .

Its pro football and they should be making that assessment during training camp not In May . If hes the best QB at the end of camp he should start if not then he shouldn't . The best players should play.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#42 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Axxo wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:If he turns into Derek Carr type, Pace hit a home run.

Biggest thing for Pace will be before Trubisky starts is to get him a solid oline.

Yeah, sittin him is the best thing until all the other pieces are in place.

I dont know about that .

Its pro football and they should be making that assessment during training camp not In May . If hes the best QB at the end of camp he should start if not then he shouldn't . The best players should play.

Well him having so much too learn eventhough he is a fast learner he wouldnt be the best one. Being the best includes reading defenses quickly and playing under center. No way he is learning all that in camp. Besides they paid Glennon to play this year.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#43 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 pm

I agree with cts4e. The quickest best way for MT to learn/develop is with game reps.

Cutler disagrees, but I think that is more of a safety concern from a guy that is still rubbing out pain from being sacked a million times
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#44 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:58 pm

if you listen to the cutler interview nobody throws a rookie out there with so little experience. They all have pieces around them 1st and time to learn.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#45 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 8:01 pm

We should make a bet. If Trubisky does starts i get banned for a day and if he doesn't I get to be a mod for a day :clap:
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#46 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu May 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Axxo wrote:
Axxo wrote:Yeah, sittin him is the best thing until all the other pieces are in place.

I dont know about that .

Well him having so much too learn even though he is a fast learner he wouldnt be the best one. Being the best includes reading defenses quickly and playing under center. No way he is learning all that in camp. Besides they paid Glennon to play this year.

You dont find that out until camp . Glennon got his playbook a 3 weeks before Mitch . Im not saying he should guaranteed start Im saying that you shouldnt be ruling out anything until camp because the best players play and the best way to gauge where he is at is by giving his some real snaps in camp and then making that determination .

With the cutting of Royal the Bears are inexperienced everywhere and heading into the training camp you 11 best offensive players should start and that should be determined by camp not by their performance in camp not by experience . Just look at what happened with Howard and Langford last year . We shouldnt be just ruling anyone out by default we are not good enough for that .
Axxo
Analyst

Post#47 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Axxo wrote:

I dont know about that .

Well him having so much too learn even though he is a fast learner he wouldnt be the best one. Being the best includes reading defenses quickly and playing under center. No way he is learning all that in camp. Besides they paid Glennon to play this year.

You dont find that out until camp . Glennon got his playbook a 3 weeks before Mitch . Im not saying he should guaranteed start Im saying that you shouldnt be ruling out anything until camp because the best players play and the best way to gauge where he is at is by giving his some real snaps in camp and then making that determination .

With the cutting of Royal the Bears are inexperienced everywhere and heading into the training camp you 11 best offensive players should start and that should be determined by camp not by their performance in camp not by experience . Just look at what happened with Howard and Langford last year . We shouldnt be just ruling anyone out by default we are not good enough for that .

If Trubisky had the body of work I would agree with you. He is being brought in as a developmental propect. And actually the less weapons you have avail the more experienced a player should be in a QB position. If they going to consider this route then they should have drafted Watson.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Axxo wrote:if you listen to the cutler interview nobody throws a rookie out there with so little experience. They all have pieces around them 1st and time to learn.

Maybe 10 or more years ago. In the modern NFL, high picked QBs tend to be rookie starters. Cutler was mentioning it as a safety concern, as am I. The O-line shouldn't be taken for granted. And Long is coming off a serious ankle injury, and still has not gotten the shoulder fixed. Still, I'm looking at the 2018-19 season as a possible reason to start him now. Lets get him ready to win in 2 years, he needs reps.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#49 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:10 pm

fleet wrote:
Axxo wrote:if you listen to the cutler interview nobody throws a rookie out there with so little experience. They all have pieces around them 1st and time to learn.

Maybe 10 or more years ago. In the modern NFL, high picked QBs tend to be rookie starters. Cutler was mentioning it as a safety concern, as am I. The O-line shouldn't be taken for granted. And Long is coming off a serious ankle injury, and still has not gotten the shoulder fixed. I'm looking at the 2018-19 season as a reason to start him now. Lets get him ready to win in 2 years, he needs reps.

Ok everything you said I see as a reason not to play him this season. Put the pieces in place 1st, depth etc let Glennon run for his life. Then put Trubisky in after the holes are plugeed so he can make his reads, get his throwing motion down without having to rush b/c the oline sucs. And for saftey.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm

I mean heck, You have a plow horse at running back, and allegedly Sproles relieving him. Mitch doesn't have to drop back 40 times a game. Maybe 20. Run the ball and play improved defense.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#51 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:17 pm

fleet wrote:I mean heck, You have a plow horse at running back, and allegedly Sproles relieving him. Mitch doesn't have to drop back 40 times a game. Maybe 20. Run the ball and play improved defense.

Ok, you, me and chisports..lets make a friendly bet. I bet he doesnt start.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#52 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:21 pm

I think it depends on how good he is from day 1 in training camp. Glennon will get a chance to fail. If he does, the team is bleh, and MT is getting practice rep completions and preseason, I think he possibly might be in before game 10
Axxo
Analyst

Post#53 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 pm

fleet wrote:I think it depends on how good he is from day 1 in training camp. Glennon will get a chance to fail. If he does, the team is bleh, and MT is getting practice rep completions and preseason, I think he possibly might be in before game 10

They brought Sanchez in to back up Glennon. He has the most starts.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 pm

I would be concerned if they waste time with Sanchez over developing the future QB. I'm not even sure Sanchez makes the team. We'll know more when we see who gets practice reps. If they are giving some of Glennon's reps to MT (already awkward), he has a good chance to play imo.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#55 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Throwing MT into a game with poor passing outlets and protection jeopardizes the Bears investment. Glennon and Sanchez and even Shaw are expendable.
Axxo
Analyst

Post#56 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:31 pm

fleet wrote:I would be concerned if they waste time with Sanchez over developing the future QB. I'm not even sure Sanchez makes the team. We'll know more when we see who gets practice reps. If they are giving some of Glennon's reps to MT (already awkward), he has a good chance to play imo.

He might get more reps than Sanchez but that could be cause Sanchez is the most experienced plus MT will need to get reps in to develop. Otherwise its after practice reps etc
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu May 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Axxo wrote:
Axxo wrote:

If Trubisky had the body of work I would agree with you. He is being brought in as a developmental propect. And actually the less weapons you have avail the more experienced a player should be in a QB position. If they going to consider this route then they should have drafted Watson.

You are not gonna spend that many picks and nearly 30 million guaranteed on a developmental project . Im not saying he is should be the starter Im saying that training camp is what rules that out officially .

It doesnt matter about the other positions at the end of the camp the best players should be starting at their respective positions . If Mitch is the best qb at the end of camp he should start if hes not the best qb at the endof the camp then he should sit . But that evaluation should certainly come in camp with real reps
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#58 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Axxo wrote:Throwing MT into a game with poor passing outlets and protection jeopardizes the Bears investment. Glennon and Sanchez and even Shaw are expendable.

The argument that you wont play the best qb until you get better passing and protection is ridiculous . For all you know he could elevate their play .

This is not about MT starting its about proper evaluation to make a determination based on what you see with him in your offensive scheme and with your players not simply college tape .
Axxo
Analyst

Post#59 » by Axxo » Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Axxo wrote:

You are not gonna spend that many picks and nearly 30 million guaranteed on a developmental project . Im not saying he is should be the starter Im saying that training camp is what rules that out officially .

It doesnt matter about the other positions at the end of the camp the best players should be starting at their respective positions . If Mitch is the best qb at the end of camp he should start if hes not the best qb at the endof the camp then he should sit . But that evaluation should certainly come in camp with real reps

I hear both you and Fleet's side. Pace already said MT is a developmental propect. Im sure I can find it if you like. That why so many fans including myself didnt like the pick. Because he is developmental prospect not yet ready to play. So Pace did exactly what you and the rest of us who didnt approve stated shouldn't be done.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#60 » by fleet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Scenario:

-The Bears play with lots of 2 tight end sets if Shaheen is the real deal, and Sims is a good blocker. (set Miller aside for now)
-Long is OK
-White, Wright, Merideth, Wheaton, Randle/whoever are an average group.
- Safety blanket outlet receiver/blocker Howard

Shaheen in the slot can help make coverages easier to read, and they run lots of quick stuff with the other guys, I think they can be OK keeping MT upright, he gets rid of the ball quick.

Return to Chicago Bears