2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,449

Re: 2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#1021 » by Foye » Sun May 14, 2017 6:41 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:so true! Ask Bielefeld ;-)

It'll be epic if HSV loses the relegation battle against a club that was beaten by third league candidate Bielefeld by six goals.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1022 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun May 14, 2017 7:30 pm

It would be very epic, that's right. For all that Hamburg is able to reach at least a draw, so either Wolfsburg and Hamburg can stay in the Bundesliga.
But actually Hamburg has had too much lucky in the recent years. They have to be relegated....only because of their management.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,652

Post#1023 » by cgf » Mon May 15, 2017 12:47 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:It would be very epic, that's right. For all that Hamburg is able to reach at least a draw, so either Wolfsburg and Hamburg can stay in the Bundesliga.
But actually Hamburg has had too much lucky in the recent years. They have to be relegated....only because of their management.

Nah, getting relegated would force them into making meaningful changes that might get them to unf*** their ****. If they pull a Hamburg again, then they can keep wasting their money on a crap team.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#1024 » by No_20 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:19 pm

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/borussia-dortmund/favre-kaempft-um-freigabe-fuer-dortmund-51759314,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

Odd choice. Yeah Favre is doing a good job at Nice and had his moments with Hertha and M'Gladbach but both those spells ended awfully. And he's not really a yes-man. So you would still have the same potential issues with the board.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#1025 » by Andi Obst » Mon May 15, 2017 4:51 pm

I'd be surprised to see Favre in Dortmund. That's way too much media attention for him, even though he's obviously a great coach. Think he might regret that later.

I really thought the situation in Nice would be perfect for him and it seems like it is.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
No_20
Veteran

Post#1026 » by No_20 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Little Nathan wrote:I'd be surprised to see Favre in Dortmund. That's way too much media attention for him, even though he's obviously a great coach. Think he might regret that later.

I really thought the situation in Nice would be perfect for him and it seems like it is.

Why not go after Hannes Wolf? Did a great job there with their youth teams and knows the club very well.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Foye

2016-17 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#1027 » by Foye » Mon May 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Wierd decision to go after Favre. If Tuchel is too difficult of a character for Watzke so is Favre. And his approach at the game is limited to one system (which albeit usually works very well the first two years until opponents have figured it out)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1028 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 pm

No_20 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:I'd be surprised to see Favre in Dortmund. That's way too much media attention for him, even though he's obviously a great coach. Think he might regret that later.

Why not go after Hannes Wolf? Did a great job there with their youth teams and knows the club very well.

i also prefer him as replacement for Tuchel. Favre had not good endings with Berlin and Mönchengladbach. On the one hand as coach he is one of the better ones, but on the other hand he is for me rather a "Tuchel-Light-Version". Surley, clubs swap coaches every time and even Dortmund can release him, but there's no constancy on the coach's position.
For Nagelsmann it is too early and i think Hoffenheim would rather sign a new contract with him than searching a new one.
So for me, Wolf would be a better fit for this club than Favre. He knows the club, the environment and persons in the higher positions. And i don't think that i would be a problem to persuade Stuttgart, if even Wolf wants work on a higher level and put obstacles in his way.
No_20
Veteran

Post#1029 » by No_20 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Weird for Tuchel as well. Looks like Valverde is going to Barcelona and L'Equipe reported that Wenger will stay for one more season at Arsenal. Tuchel already took a year off in 2014-15. Would be odd to do it again after just two years.
Hellcrooner
Veteran
And1: 2,121

Post#1030 » by Hellcrooner » Mon May 15, 2017 8:13 pm

So.
Is gonna uefa ditch Fake Leipzing from the cl?

or will they ditch Fake Salzburg.....?

i mean at least Salzburg is the oldest fake.......

:p
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1031 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 pm

At the extreme, Tuchel have to insert a sabbatical one again^^
According to 'Bild' there's now an agreement between Favre and BVB: http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/tuchel-nachfolger-bvb-erzielt-einigung-mit-favre_77331
Apparently they initially want only a test to see if a collaboration between Favre and the club works: one year deal with the option extend that in following year.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#1032 » by Det the Threat » Tue May 16, 2017 4:37 am

Foye wrote:Wierd decision to go after Favre. If Tuchel is too difficult of a character for Watzke so is Favre. And his approach at the game is limited to one system (which albeit usually works very well the first two years until opponents have figured it out)

Then how come we had our best season during his 4th year with us?

I know you're a Tuchel fan, but so far he's not shown to be a better manager than Favre.
Favre certainly likes a certain system, but he's also been a guy who's willing to adjust his system to the players at the club and is also a guy who didn't bring any of his own assistants during his time with us.

Though, the interesting thing will be how Dortmunds front office would handle Favre and him storming into the offices and offering his resignation about three times a season, cause something isn't going exactly the way he envisions them.

No_20 wrote:Weird for Tuchel as well. Looks like Valverde is going to Barcelona and L'Equipe reported that Wenger will stay for one more season at Arsenal. Tuchel already took a year off in 2014-15. Would be odd to do it again after just two years.

How in the world is this weird?
Everyone around Arsenal knew for months that Wenger will stay(and supposedly had already signed a two year extension) and that the club's just waiting for the "right moment" to announce it.

And Barcelona was probabyl a wet dream of Tuchel and his camp, because I don't think he was ever a candidate there.
He just needs to show more then a couple years at Dortmund and Mainz to be considered by them, while I'm not sure he's any good at spanish.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#1033 » by Andi Obst » Tue May 16, 2017 4:43 am

One year, huh? You can clearly tell Watzke is 100% sure about that one. What a weird situation.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,652

Post#1034 » by cgf » Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 am

Agreed...although getting to see what Favre could do with those BVB talents would be an absolute joy; especially once Dahoud arrives to team up with Weigl to form the sexiest young midfield partnership on the block.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#1035 » by Det the Threat » Tue May 16, 2017 4:18 pm

No matter if Freiburg ends up 6th or 7th, they'll have a tough time again.
Grifo should be introduced at Gladbach pretty soon and Pillip will most likely go to Leipzig for something between 10 - 15M €.

Also, Gladbach seems to be close to signing Denis Zakaria of Young Boys, according to Blick editor Böni.
According to him the club and player have reached an agreement and now both clubs are negotiating. Transfer fee should be around €10M.
Read on Twitter

Would be a nice lineup of talents at CM with Benes, Cuisance and Zakaria, while Kramer(and Strobl) are there to help guide them.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1036 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri May 19, 2017 5:27 am

"Thumps up for Wolfsburg" is the topic for the last machday, isn't it? ,-)
No_20
Veteran

Post#1037 » by No_20 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Bibiana Steinhaus wird als erste Schiedsrichterin in der deutschen Fußball-Geschichte ab der kommenden Saison Bundesligaspiele leiten.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1038 » by JohnPferdelack » Fri May 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Finally women get a chance too.
Firstly, Angela Merkal as chancellor and now "Bibi" as a referee ;-)
Foye

Post#1039 » by Foye » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Nagelsmann is insane Uth, Kramaric, Szalai and Wagner all in the starting lineup. The sad part his way too offensive minded tactics actually work. They will be exploited terribly if they qualify for the CL.

Foye

Post#1040 » by Foye » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 pm

As expected Wolfsburg take care of business in Hamburg. Good luck in relegation No_20.

Return to The General Soccer Board