ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,634

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1081 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:Rosario's path to playing time would start at SS while Asdrubal is out, and then move to 3B when he comes back while making Reyes the super utility guy like he was supposed to be coming into the season.

at this point it doesn't solve any problem though because our offense is fine even with Cespedes out. The injuries and under-performance of our pitching staff is our problem so unless Harvey removes his head from his ass or lugo/matz come back firing. There is no saving the staff or bullpen that has been ravaged by injuries.

A net positive player will always help your roster, even if it isn't a weakness. He's a defensive upgrade, provides speed, contact, and a good plate approach.

Rosario
Conforto
Ces
Bruce
Walker
Reyes
Duda
TDA

is a special lineup. You're going to have to outhit people if the pitching isn't working.

they scored 9 runs yesterday and still lost. I'm not really worried about rosario coming up. Because if they can't fix the pitching problem it doesn't matter how much they hit.

Up 7-1 yesterday starting the 6 with your ace on the mound vs an inferior team? And you blow that game? Sorry Rosario is the last thing on my mind as a mets fan.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1082 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 2:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
at this point it doesn't solve any problem though because our offense is fine even with Cespedes out. The injuries and under-performance of our pitching staff is our problem so unless Harvey removes his head from his ass or lugo/matz come back firing. There is no saving the staff or bullpen that has been ravaged by injuries.

A net positive player will always help your roster, even if it isn't a weakness. He's a defensive upgrade, provides speed, contact, and a good plate approach.

Rosario
Conforto
Ces
Bruce
Walker
Reyes
Duda
TDA

is a special lineup. You're going to have to outhit people if the pitching isn't working.

they scored 9 runs yesterday and still lost. I'm not really worried about rosario coming up. Because if they can't fix the pitching problem it doesn't matter how much they hit.

Up 7-1 yesterday starting the 6 with your ace on the mound vs an inferior team? And you blow that game? Sorry Rosario is the last thing on my mind as a mets fan.

That's an awful way to look at managing a baseball team. You try to improve your team by any way possible. If you need to make a strength even greater to balance out the roster, so be it. Your team speed and defense is poor. Rosario improves both. This is simple operational management logic.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1083 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Mecca wrote:
That's an awful way to look at managing a baseball team. You try to improve your team by any way possible. If you need to make a strength even greater to balance out the roster, so be it. Your team speed and defense is poor. Rosario improves both. This is simple operational management logic.

and I'm saying that isn't a concern at the moment because unless Cabrera injury is a long term thing Rosario will just go down the minors when Cabrera is activated because TJ Rivera needs a way to play as well.

Rivera is hot so bringing up Rosario probably limited his playing time. Flores as needs at bats. So does Duda. There is a glut in the infield right now. Sure can rosario possibly help, yes. But the mets aren't going to put added pressure on the kid when the team is struggling they probably will wait till after the all-star break.

The mets should be worried about fixing or changing up the pitching issue, if they want to make it back to contention. Like fire dan warthen to shake things up...

but they aren't benching a 10 million dollar player in Cabrera. Look how long the leash granderson has gotten. He is the worst hitter in baseball and just this weekend we took him out of the 5 hole. The mets are going to give there vets this year whether it works or doesn't.

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1084 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

and I'm saying that isn't a concern at the moment because unless Cabrera injury is a long term thing Rosario will just go down the minors when Cabrera is activated because TJ Rivera needs a way to play as well.

Rivera is hot so bringing up Rosario probably limited his playing time. Flores as needs at bats. So does Duda. There is a glut in the infield right now. Sure can rosario possibly help, yes. But the mets aren't going to put added pressure on the kid when the team is struggling they probably will wait till after the all-star break.

The mets should be worried about fixing or changing up the pitching issue, if they want to make it back to contention. Like fire dan warthen to shake things up...

but they aren't benching a 10 million dollar player in Cabrera. Look how long the leash granderson has gotten. He is the worst hitter in baseball and just this weekend we took him out of the 5 hole. The mets are going to give there vets this year whether it works or doesn't.

Patience begins to run thin as you approach Memorial day weekend.

Not bringing up Rosario because your pitching is the problem is simply put dumb logic. Does Rosario strengthen weaknesses on the roster? yes or no mp? Yes or no? Does he improve team speed, runs scored, and defense? Yes or no mp?

Asdrubal is the definition of a stop gap SS. You can move Rosario to 3B and make Reyes the super utility guy. TJ Rivera is a JAG.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1085 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Mecca wrote:

Not bringing up Rosario because your pitching is the problem is simply put dumb logic. Does Rosario strengthen weaknesses on the roster? yes or no mp? Yes or no? Does he improve team speed, runs scored, and defense? Yes or no mp?

Asdrubal is the definition of a stop gap SS. You can move Rosario to 3B and make Reyes the super utility guy. TJ Rivera is a JAG.

how do you know? I am a huge fan of Rosario but outside of improving team speed because he is faster you simply don't know if he will improve anything else. He has struggled defensively this year in AAA (which the mets organizaiton has stated). And how are you going to tell me he improves run scored because we are scoring plenty of runs. Are you 100% believe he will come in and be a 300+ hitter in the majors?

TJ rivers his hitting 306 with a 385 OBP in the MAJORS with 9 runs scored in the last 10 games. And you don't want him to play. Sorry I watch every mets game and tj rivera needs to continue to play. I know rosario is going to be a stud but let be honest we Ty Kelly was hitting .400 in vegas before we brought him up and he couldn't crack .200 with the big club.

Let be fair for a second. You or I don't know what Rosario will do in the majors. I'm telling you as a Mets fan, how the organization thinks. They are going to ride or die with the vets this year until they are out of it. Then you will see Rosario and Smith so they can prepare for next year.

But the mets offense is doing fine. I don't think bringing up rosario to bench a guy that is hitting 362 with a 434 OBP in may (last 2 weeks) solves anything. I think I answered your question as directly. Rosario time will come. He doesn't even have 150 at bats in AAA...there is no need to rush him.

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1086 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

how do you know? I am a huge fan of Rosario but outside of improving team speed because he is faster you simply don't know if he will improve anything else. He has struggled defensively this year in AAA (which the mets organizaiton has stated). And how are you going to tell me he improves run scored because we are scoring plenty of runs. Are you 100% believe he will come in and be a 300+ hitter in the majors?

TJ rivers his hitting 306 with a 385 OBP in the MAJORS with 9 runs scored in the last 10 games. And you don't want him to play. Sorry I watch every mets game and tj rivera needs to continue to play. I know rosario is going to be a stud but let be honest we Ty Kelly was hitting .400 in vegas before we brought him up and he couldn't crack .200 with the big club.

Let be fair for a second. You or I don't know what Rosario will do in the majors. I'm telling you as a Mets fan, how the organization thinks. They are going to ride or die with the vets this year until they are out of it. Then you will see Rosario and Smith so they can prepare for next year.

But the mets offense is doing fine. I don't think bringing up rosario to bench a guy that is hitting 362 with a 434 OBP in may (last 2 weeks) solves anything. I think I answered your question as directly. Rosario time will come. He doesn't even have 150 at bats in AAA...there is no need to rush him.

I watch every Mets game too, and Rivera is what he is. Great player in spurts, but isn't someone you can rely on as a starting quality player. Great utility player.

You can keep trying to think you have validation because you're a Mets fan. That doesn't mean anything. I watch every Mets game as my pops and friends are Mets fans.

Wilmer Flores and TJ Rivera are JAGS and Reyes is on the back 18 of his career. Asdrubal has been banged up all year and last year was an outlier more than anything. The impact of bringing up a phenom can single handedly energize a team.

Rosario's OBP is over .400 and OPS is nearing .900. Even if it's in the minors, he's shown he has control of the plate and would add to RS because he'd be your teams only REAL leadoff hitter. And his glove has been fine and he has the most range of any Met infielder.

Again, I've had this discussion in the Yankees forum. AA and AAA are interchangeable for hitters. You don't need a ton of AB's in AAA to groom a hitter. He has over 400 AB's between AA-AAA which is what I go by.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1087 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:40 pm

you watch 6 hours of baseball every day? Thats impressive.

I consider myself a huge fan and pretty much watch all the mets game but I know your a yankees fan so Its crazy that you watch both games in full. But more power to you. It wasn't meant a a knock but thats a lot of baseball. I just assumed you would be watching your favorite team more.

Also you just made a point that TJ Rivera is a great player in spurts yet he has hit .300 at ever level and his scorching hot right now. He may eventually cool off...I would be silly to think he would hit this way but you don't sit him until he cools of is my point. That would be just silly. You aren't bench TJ Rivera until he cools off, point blank.

So if Cabrera injury is a legit long DL stink. I could see Rosario might get the call. But I could see the mets not wanting him to come up at the moment for multiple reasons. But like I said Rosario isn't making or breaking wins/losses at this point. The pitching staff is a disaster. Rosario isn't helping the staff that has a 5+ ERA. You can't win games like that.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1088 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

and rosario career minors OPS is .732

Where are you getting the near .900 # from?

Are you referencing just his AAA #'s because you know Las Vegas totally inflates all those #'s...

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1089 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:53 pm

I respect your opinion Mecca but I sat through that game yesterday and never once thought to myself if Rosario was here things would be different. So I think thats as basic as it gets for me. I thought when will our starters step up or when will our bullpen not falter but I never thought about bringing up Rosario.

If he comes up I hope he does well. I just doubt the mets would do it.

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1090 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:you watch 6 hours of baseball every day? Thats impressive.

I consider myself a huge fan and pretty much watch all the mets game but I know your a yankees fan so Its crazy that you watch both games in full. But more power to you. It wasn't meant a a knock but thats a lot of baseball. I just assumed you would be watching your favorite team more.

Also you just made a point that TJ Rivera is a great player in spurts yet he has hit .300 at ever level and his scorching hot right now. He may eventually cool off...I would be silly to think he would hit this way but you don't sit him until he cools of is my point. That would be just silly. You aren't bench TJ Rivera until he cools off, point blank.

So if Cabrera injury is a legit long DL stink. I could see Rosario might get the call. But I could see the mets not wanting him to come up at the moment for multiple reasons. But like I said Rosario isn't making or breaking wins/losses at this point. The pitching staff is a disaster. Rosario isn't helping the staff that has a 5+ ERA. You can't win games like that.

Most Yankees/Mets game are on at the same time, thus you flip channels. I obviously focus more on the Yankees games, but I own a ton of Mets in fantasy and have rooting interest in them. (Conforto, Reyes, Degrom, Harvey, Walker)

TJ Rivera has never had the profile of a starting caliber player at the ML level. I liked Rivera on the PR WBC team, and he's a great player to have on your roster, but not someone that should clog a spot from the #1 prospect in baseball.

Rosario isn't changing team ERA. But he is improving the roster. That's all you can do at this point. AND young phenoms have a tendency to ignite an aging roster to go on a run. He is the lightning rod you need.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1091 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:and rosario career minors OPS is .732

Are you referencing just his AAA #'s because you know Las Vegas totally inflates all those #'s...

I know LV is a hitters park, but he's developing his power right now in the form of a Lindor, so his past OPS from when he was 19 don't mean much.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1092 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Mecca wrote:

I know LV is a hitters park, but he's developing his power right now in the form of a Lindor, so his past OPS from when he was 19 don't mean much.

Its not just a hitters park, its like coors field on steroids because you don't even have to worry about the cold weather. And I am not comparing these players to Rosario. But guys like Plawecki, Kelly, Muno had some ridiculous #'s in AAA and they suck in the majors.

Last year 3 mets led the Pacific Coast league in batting. TJ Rivers, Nimmo, and Cecchini.

Rosario is a stud. But I am willing to be patient with him while our guys are hitting.

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1093 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 5:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Its not just a hitters park, its like coors field on steroids because you don't even have to worry about the cold weather. And I am not comparing these players to Rosario. But guys like Plawecki, Kelly, Muno had some ridiculous #'s in AAA and they suck in the majors.

Last year 3 mets led the Pacific Coast league in batting. TJ Rivers, Nimmo, and Cecchini.

Rosario is a stud. But I am willing to be patient with him while our guys are hitting.

All of the hitters you just named don't have the skill set or pedigree of Rosario, though. Rosario is the #1 prospect in baseball.
Brooklyn Nets
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1094 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Mecca wrote:
All of the hitters you just named don't have the skill set or pedigree of Rosario, though. Rosario is the #1 prospect in baseball.

i don't disagree with anything you said. I just think bringing him up isn't one of our major concerns at the moment...personally.

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1095 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 15, 2017 5:57 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:he hit .309 in fsl, got promoted and hit .341 in double a.

.324 overall.

Well, look, the FO is not going to sit Asdrubel who they're paying a lot of money to bring up Rosario when the pitchers up 7-12 runs a game.

Rather, what I can see happening is us trading Cabrera for pitching help and then bringing up Ahmed.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app

Unless Rosario can pitch then he isn't the answer. How much is Bartolo missed? Where's Smoker who I think has the IT factor? Why did Harvey go AWOL? What is happening with our pitching??

Agreed.

Thor - injured due to stupidity
Matz - injured to to poor genetics
Harvey - just a total mess
Wheeler - coming off extended rehab from TJS (though improving)
deGrom - only decent pitcher right now
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1096 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 pm

ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:he hit .309 in fsl, got promoted and hit .341 in double a.

.324 overall.

Well, look, the FO is not going to sit Asdrubel who they're paying a lot of money to bring up Rosario when the pitchers up 7-12 runs a game.

Rather, what I can see happening is us trading Cabrera for pitching help and then bringing up Ahmed.

Unless Rosario can pitch then he isn't the answer. How much is Bartolo missed? Where's Smoker who I think has the IT factor? Why did Harvey go AWOL? What is happening with our pitching??

why is it so hard to process that a reason why the pitching sucks because of all the singles that go right by reyes/cabrera.

improving the defense alone improves the pitching.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1097 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Mecca wrote:Rosario's path to playing time would start at SS while Asdrubal is out, and then move to 3B when he comes back while making Reyes the super utility guy like he was supposed to be coming into the season.

rosario isn't being moved to 3b for asdrubal cabrera. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1098 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 pm

blueNorange wrote:
ClydeRules wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

why is it so hard to process that a reason why the pitching sucks because of all the singles that go right by reyes/cabrera.

improving the defense alone improves the pitching.

:lol:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1099 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:45 pm

dear god my boy, it sounds like you don't know much about prospects outside of reading a report.

LOLLLL at bringing up rosario, who was a teenager at the time, his career ops :rofl:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1100 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

and his .830 ops last year was what, him getting lucky?
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks