ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1101 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
All of the hitters you just named don't have the skill set or pedigree of Rosario, though. Rosario is the #1 prospect in baseball.

i don't disagree with anything you said. I just think bringing him up isn't one of our major concerns at the moment...personally.

mets have no leadoff hitter
mets have no speed in the lineup
mets have no range in the infield

how dare you say bringing him up isn't a major concern.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1102 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm

this was only a bomb of a hr because where he was hitting, if it was somewhere else it'd be a routine flyball :laugh: :roll:

LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Post#1103 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
All of the hitters you just named don't have the skill set or pedigree of Rosario, though. Rosario is the #1 prospect in baseball.

i don't disagree with anything you said. I just think bringing him up isn't one of our major concerns at the moment...personally.

mets are scoring plenty. Do you really feel the offense is the problem when we have the worst ERA in the league???
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1104 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:30 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Its not just a hitters park, its like coors field on steroids because you don't even have to worry about the cold weather. And I am not comparing these players to Rosario. But guys like Plawecki, Kelly, Muno had some ridiculous #'s in AAA and they suck in the majors.

Last year 3 mets led the Pacific Coast league in batting. TJ Rivers, Nimmo, and Cecchini.

Rosario is a stud. But I am willing to be patient with him while our guys are hitting.

and his .830 ops last year was what, him getting lucky?[/quote]

reading comprehension must not be your friend. Rosario is a stud. He is one of the top prospects in baseball but he is not the missing piece at the moment. The mets staff and bullpen have been atrocious that was my point. All I was saying was don't use Las Vegas numbers to tout a prospect. Rosario was really good before that but at the moment he isn't a immediate need.

They are scoring plenty of runs. The NEED pitching!!!!

Not sure what so difficult to understand...my boy...

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1105 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:32 pm

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/runs-per-game

oh what does that say? Are the mets really the 4th best offensive team in the major leagues this year?

How dare the mets not bring up someone when there offense is already sizzling.

THE PITCHING SUCKS. NOT THE OFFENSE

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1106 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 8:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

mets are scoring plenty. Do you really feel the offense is the problem when we have the worst ERA in the league???

lol you straight up didn't answer the question.

is this team better with rosario starting or cabrera starting? because honestly it seems like you think the mets are better off with cabrera.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1107 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:reading comprehension must not be your friend. Rosario is a stud. He is one of the top prospects in baseball but he is not the missing piece at the moment. The mets staff and bullpen have been atrocious that was my point. All I was saying was don't use Las Vegas numbers to tout a prospect. Rosario was really good before that but at the moment he isn't a immediate need.

cabrera is -7 defensive runs saved, last year he was -7 ALL YEAR ... do you not understand how terrible cabrera is defensively? him being on the field alone has cost THE PITCHING 7 runs and we're only in the middle of may.

this is evolving from not calling up rosario, to you straight up believing this team is good as is with cabrera and reyes playing ss. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1108 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:reading comprehension must not be your friend. Rosario is a stud. He is one of the top prospects in baseball but he is not the missing piece at the moment. The mets staff and bullpen have been atrocious that was my point. All I was saying was don't use Las Vegas numbers to tout a prospect. Rosario was really good before that but at the moment he isn't a immediate need.

cabrera is -7 defensive runs saved, last year he was -7 ALL YEAR ... do you not understand how terrible cabrera is defensively? him being on the field alone has cost THE PITCHING 7 runs and we're only in the middle of may.

this is evolving from not calling up rosario, to you straight up believing this team is good as is with cabrera and reyes playing ss. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG 7 runs!!!

I know Cabrera is horrible defensive. He is also extremely banged up. But thats not the way baseball works with guaranteed contracts. Sorry...you know for a fact the mets aren't going to bench a 10 million dollar a year player that was coming off a good year.

He is off to a horrible defense start. No one is denying that. But cabrera's defense is not losing games. It is a concern but not a big enough to lose Rosario's development in AAA and super 2 status (whether you like it or not...it matters and every team does it).

Sorry the mets 5+ staff ERA is not because Rosario isn't' starting at SS. That is ridiculous. Cabrera didn't even play yesterday and the team blew a huge lead? why?

Because the pitching staff can't get deep into the games and the bullpen (which has been overused) faltered again.

Rosario will get plenty of time in the majors this year if the mets continue to play like this. All I'm saying the mets should be in more of a rush to find pitching help then bring rosario up. Rosario doesn't solve the pitching issues.

I'm telling you we could have Rey Ordonez in his prime playing SS and we would still be 4 games have a below .500 record.

Until the pitching situation is solved the mets aren't going to run Rosario into the majors...in my opinion.

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1109 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

OMG 7 runs!!!

I know Cabrera is horrible defensive. He is also extremely banged up. But thats not the way baseball works with guaranteed contracts. Sorry...you know for a fact the mets aren't going to bench a 10 million dollar a year player that was coming off a good year.

He is off to a horrible defense start. No one is denying that. But cabrera's defense is not losing games. It is a concern but not a big enough to lose Rosario's development in AAA and super 2 status (whether you like it or not...it matters and every team does it).

Sorry the mets 5+ staff ERA is not because Rosario isn't' starting at SS. That is ridiculous. Cabrera didn't even play yesterday and the team blew a huge lead? why?

Because the pitching staff can't get deep into the games and the bullpen (which has been overused) faltered again.

Rosario will get plenty of time in the majors this year if the mets continue to play like this. All I'm saying the mets should be in more of a rush to find pitching help then bring rosario up. Rosario doesn't solve the pitching issues.

I'm telling you we could have Rey Ordonez in his prime playing SS and we would still be 4 games have a below .500 record.

Until the pitching situation is solved the mets aren't going to run Rosario into the majors...in my opinion.

wow, just wow.

lmaoo at you being sarcastic with the -7 runs, you know how pathetic that is? he's the 2nd worst ss in all of baseball when it comes to defensive runs saved. the only player worse than him is boegarts.

usually you want your ss to bail you out, but with cabrera the wheels keep on going. what could've been an out is now a 5 run inning.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1110 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 pm

and if I told you our team ERA was going to be +5 runs per game do you think we would have a shot in hell at the playoffs?

Stop running with ridiculous arguments. Whats the bigger problem with the team. Short Stop or the pitching? Just answer please. Then we can get over this. You act like I am hating on Rosario which I'm not. I'm well aware of his talent and skill set and what he can bring to the table.

I don't see the massive NEED FOR HIM AT THE MOMENT. Again would you like to comment on our pitching? Please?

ROSTER

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#1111 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:mets have no leadoff hitter

lol you straight up didn't answer the question.

is this team better with rosario starting or cabrera starting? because honestly it seems like you think the mets are better off with cabrera.

Cabrera just re-injured his thumb and will end up on the DL. Did you do some voodoo on him? :lol:
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1112 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Per twitter

Antonio Puesán‏Verified account @antoniopuesan

El prospecto dominicano Amed Rosario recibió el llamado a las grandes ligas por @losMets
Translated from Spanish by Bing

The Dominican prospect Amed Rosario received the call to the big leagues by @losMets
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1113 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 pm

mpharris36 wrote:and if I told you our team ERA was going to be +5 runs per game do you think we would have a shot in hell at the playoffs?

Stop running with ridiculous arguments. Whats the bigger problem with the team. Short Stop or the pitching? Just answer please. Then we can get over this. You act like I am hating on Rosario which I'm not. I'm well aware of his talent and skill set and what he can bring to the table.

I don't see the massive NEED FOR HIM AT THE MOMENT. Again would you like to comment on our pitching? Please?

BOTH!!!!!!

that's what me and a yankee fan mecca are trying to tell you, it just so happens that rosario's range improves the defense which might make the terrible pitching into bad pitching.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1114 » by Manhattan Project » Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Mecca wrote:Per twitter

El prospecto dominicano Amed Rosario recibió el llamado a las grandes ligas por @losMets

The Dominican prospect Amed Rosario received the call to the big leagues by @losMets

I think this is a tip he got from Omar Minaya... because I don't see this anywhere. While I wish it was true, I don't believe it.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1115 » by Mecca » Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

I think this is a tip he got from Omar Minaya... because I don't see this anywhere. While I wish it was true, I don't believe it.

He's verified so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Think he jumped the gun a bit. I'd say Rosario's playing time is dependent on the extend of Cabrera's injury.

Definitely think that Amed can spark the club, though. It'd be reminiscent of the Reyes call up back in the early 2000's.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1116 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:

when there's smoke, there's fire.

jon heyman yesterday tweeted that rosario should get called up.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1117 » by blueNorange » Mon May 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

He's verified so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Think he jumped the gun a bit. I'd say Rosario's playing time is dependent on the extend of Cabrera's injury.

Definitely think that Amed can spark the club, though. It'd be reminiscent of the Reyes call up back in the early 2000's.

if you're going to call him up, it's during this series. las vegas is near arizona.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1118 » by Manhattan Project » Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 am

blueNorange wrote:when there's smoke, there's fire.

jon heyman yesterday tweeted that rosario should get called up.

You're a Met fan right? We're talking about a franchise that moved prized prospect Jose Reyes to second base to accommodate Kaz Matsui. We're talking about a franchise that messed up Generation K, Generation K 2.0. We're talking about a franchise where a paper cut turns into a three month stint on the DL. We're talking about a franchise that only calls up prized prospects when there's no other options like Conforto. He made his debut on July 24th, when we needed some youth infusion for about two months that season. Even now we've barely embraced the fact that he's one of out best players.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1119 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 am

Read on Twitter

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1120 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

congrats on enjoying your team suck and not care about turning the season around, pat yourself on the back but don't hurt yourself.

also quoting this organization is like quoting trump, what they say means absolute nothing.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks