And1: 13,997

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Offseason Thread II 

Post#301 » by humanrefutation » Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOL

It's stupid that this requirement was in May, instead of in July.

He slimmed down noticeably last season during the late-winter/early-spring before slipping back again by the time TC started.

The Seahawks should have made him weigh in before TC instead of giving him two months to put on another 25 lbs.

I think he has multiple incentive laden weigh-ins written in to his contract IIRC.

Profound23 wrote:Yeah pretty much every month he checks in under 255 Lacy gets an extra 55k.

Crazy that he just made it. I would be making sure I was at least 15 pounds away just in case something happened.

Good points. Still, this isn't a story to me unless he checked in at weight in late July...and keeps it off through the season.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,878

Re: 2017 Offseason Thread II 

Post#302 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 pm

I mean good for Lacy, that's free money but LOL at the idea that your RB weighing at 253 is some kind of win. That's still absurdly overweight for a professional football player at his position.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#303 » by HKPackFan » Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I mean good for Lacy, that's free money but LOL at the idea that your RB weighing at 253 is some kind of win. That's still absurdly overweight for a professional football player at his position.

Agreed. He's a professional friggin athlete. That's what he does for a living.

It's kinda ridiculous that he cut it that close to 2 pounds away. I mean, WTF!?! 253lbs is not something to be proud of. If I'm his employer I'm thinking dude probably ate salad for a day or two and did a BS cleanse a couple days beforehand. That's not really showing the commitment to your new team. That's not really OFF SEASON training. He could have easily done a cleanse and lost some water weight and lost 2 pounds without lifting a finger. I'd be annoyed if this was my new employee and he walked in with this kind of half ass effort.

I loved lacy, but fat lacy was not fun to watch.
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#304 » by crkone » Tue May 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Lacy can make $55,000 each time he hits one of his targets by a certain time for a grand total of $385,000 by the end of the season, a league source told Yates. Lacy has to weigh in at 255 pounds in May, 250 pounds in June and August, and 245 pounds in September, October, November and December.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/03/eddie-lacys-contract-with-seahawks-reportedly-includes-seven-weight-targets/

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#305 » by emunney » Tue May 16, 2017 1:49 pm

I thought Lacy was good last year. Also think he's a bad fit and injuries will sink him. Probably a better fit for Seattle, but that salary is some pill.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#306 » by M-C-G » Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Great read about Mays journey to the NFL....Ted seems to have a soft spot for guys that persevere

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-special-feature/article-1/Believe-Big/56638098-a889-435b-94a6-2b6aad2e5023
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#307 » by rilamann » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 am

If Lacy shows up in shape,it's going to be extremely interesting to see what he does with a team/coaching staff that will actually use him properly.

I've been saying since 2014 that it would be really interesting to see what Lacy could do if he played for a coach who actually knows how to use his personnel properly.Obviously Lacy has to do his part and show up in shape when it counts to actually see the results of this.

That said I hope he shows up to training camp fat as hell,a healthy in shape and used properly Lacy in Seattle would be a major blow to the Packer's chances (which already aren't very great) of winning the NFC.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,373

Post#308 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 17, 2017 2:51 am

I wish we weren't facing Lacy in week 1
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,524

Post#309 » by th87 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 am

Damn. Missed a great discussion.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Post#310 » by Profound23 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Eagles signed Blount
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#311 » by M-C-G » Wed May 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Profound23 wrote:Eagles signed Blount

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but thought I read an article about how he was pretty inefficient as a rusher last year and that the TD really over valued his stock.

I like the guys we have for what we need. Just need one of the three to pan out to have plenty. Might have the next Ryan Grant, Julius Jones or Michael Turner on our roster right now. Those aren't crazy high ceilings but plenty good for what we need.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#313 » by M-C-G » Fri May 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Made up rumor of the day, Tom Brady told his wife he had a concussion because he "wasn't in the mood"
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#314 » by Mags FTW » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Post#315 » by Profound23 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Looks like rookie contracts are about to get out of hand soon.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#316 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 21, 2017 5:05 pm

I'd take a flyer on Walker
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#317 » by HKPackFan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am

Kid needs Hail Mary to skip exam final, OF COURSE Rodgers delivers!! :lol:

Aaron Rodgers is so awesome.

https://fansided.com/2017/05/20/aaron-rodgers-saves-high-school-class-final-exam/
It turns out Aaron Rodgers isn’t just a hero on the football field.

Perhaps the coolest part about social media is the fact that we can connect with just about anybody in the world. This includes celebrities and athletes who we admire deeply. However, getting a response or any sort of acknowledgement from your favorite player is hardly easy. But Peyton Meyer in Janesville, Iowa, made it happen and then some. Peyton suggested to his high school teacher, Laura Roberts, that if Aaron Rodgers retweeted him on Twitter, his class would get to skip its final exam. Roberts, who teaches a sports literature class, agreed to the offer. Now, it looks like she will have to pay the price:

Read on Twitter

Forget miraculous Hail Mary plays and making it happen on the biggest of stages. This trumps that. Rodgers saved high school kids from a dreaded final exam toward the end of the school year. Not only can they say their final exam was cancelled, they can say Aaron Rodgers was the reason why. Meyer said Ms. Roberts is a huge fan of No. 12, so that is why she was alright with the deal. Now, those in Roberts’ class can spend their time doing just about anything but studying. One thing is for sure: nobody in that class will ever root against the Green Bay Packers’ quarterback.

It is always cool to see an athlete connect with their fans, even if it is over the internet. People tweet at athletes everyday and can only dream of getting a response. Not only did Rodgers answer, he did so wittingly and had fun with it. This is the type of story that brings a smile to your face, and certainly if you happen to be in Ms. Roberts’ sports literature class.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#318 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Peter King on a couple of upcoming rule changes

The NFL flagged and fined 26 players for excessive celebration last year; most of those celebrations this season will not be penalized or fined. Commissioner Roger Goodell and his staff met on at least two occasions this spring with a large group of players (one club official told me Goodell talked with more than 40 players about this issue) and came to his senses: It’s asinine to use the “ball as prop” reason to penalize players, and even more asinine to fine someone $12,000 for the simple act of expressing joy after scoring a touchdown. Most of those penalties will disappear Tuesday at the league meeting. For instance, this “foul” will be wiped off the books: Remember when Davis, the Washington tight end, caught a touchdown pass against the Eagles last October and then calmly shot the football over the crossbar, as if was shooting a basketball into the hoop? Last year that was a 15-yard penalty and a $12,154 fine. This year, if the league approves, it will be neither a penalty or a fine. (That has more than just sportsmanship aspects to it. Last year, the 15-yard flag against Davis caused Washington kicker Dustin Hopkins to make a short kickoff, and Eagles returner Wendell Smallwood brought it back for an 86-yard touchdown.) Thankfully, intelligent heads will prevail, and that silliness is very likely to be knocked off the books in 2017.

It’s widely expected that the overtime period will be shaved from 15 minutes to 10. I hate ties. We all do. But I doubt more ties, by percentage, will result from this change, designed with an eye on player safety and reducing the number of plays in overtime. Coaches will adjust, and will play faster now in the extra period. This proposal may have passed by vote in the league’s March meeting, but the league didn’t want to jam it through before teams had time to deliberate. They have now, and it’s doubtful that at least nine will vote against it. (There must be a three-quarters majority to pass the rule; the league believes it has 24 yes votes.)
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,024

Post#319 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I mean good for Lacy, that's free money but LOL at the idea that your RB weighing at 253 is some kind of win. That's still absurdly overweight for a professional football player at his position.

Agreed. He's a professional friggin athlete. That's what he does for a living.

It's kinda ridiculous that he cut it that close to 2 pounds away. I mean, WTF!?! 253lbs is not something to be proud of. If I'm his employer I'm thinking dude probably ate salad for a day or two and did a BS cleanse a couple days beforehand. That's not really showing the commitment to your new team. That's not really OFF SEASON training. He could have easily done a cleanse and lost some water weight and lost 2 pounds without lifting a finger. I'd be annoyed if this was my new employee and he walked in with this kind of half ass effort.

I loved lacy, but fat lacy was not fun to watch.

I don care think we have all the facts to jump to conclusions. For all we know he weighed 265+ when he signed the contract. We will tell by his next weigh in
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#320 » by chuckleslove » Mon May 22, 2017 7:39 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Peter King on a couple of upcoming rule changes

The NFL flagged and fined 26 players for excessive celebration last year; most of those celebrations this season will not be penalized or fined. Commissioner Roger Goodell and his staff met on at least two occasions this spring with a large group of players (one club official told me Goodell talked with more than 40 players about this issue) and came to his senses: It’s asinine to use the “ball as prop” reason to penalize players, and even more asinine to fine someone $12,000 for the simple act of expressing joy after scoring a touchdown. Most of those penalties will disappear Tuesday at the league meeting. For instance, this “foul” will be wiped off the books: Remember when Davis, the Washington tight end, caught a touchdown pass against the Eagles last October and then calmly shot the football over the crossbar, as if was shooting a basketball into the hoop? Last year that was a 15-yard penalty and a $12,154 fine. This year, if the league approves, it will be neither a penalty or a fine. (That has more than just sportsmanship aspects to it. Last year, the 15-yard flag against Davis caused Washington kicker Dustin Hopkins to make a short kickoff, and Eagles returner Wendell Smallwood brought it back for an 86-yard touchdown.) Thankfully, intelligent heads will prevail, and that silliness is very likely to be knocked off the books in 2017.

It’s widely expected that the overtime period will be shaved from 15 minutes to 10. I hate ties. We all do. But I doubt more ties, by percentage, will result from this change, designed with an eye on player safety and reducing the number of plays in overtime. Coaches will adjust, and will play faster now in the extra period. This proposal may have passed by vote in the league’s March meeting, but the league didn’t want to jam it through before teams had time to deliberate. They have now, and it’s doubtful that at least nine will vote against it. (There must be a three-quarters majority to pass the rule; the league believes it has 24 yes votes.)

Celebration penalties have always been dumb, so great change there. The overtime change is strange but I doubt it will have much impact at all.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page

Return to Green Bay Packers