ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Mets Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,616

Re: Official NY Mets Thread 

Post#1121 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:05 am

I said Rosario is a stud but needs more time. You are the dude that thinks he is the savior to the season...

He aint saving this pitching staff at the moment. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#1122 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 am

mpharris36 wrote:I said Rosario is a stud but needs more time. You are the dude that thinks he is the savior to the season...

He aint saving this pitching staff at the moment. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

this bad pitching staff has bad infield defense behind them, why not improve the infield defense which in turn improves the pitching?

bearer of bad news? nah dude keep thinking rosario is not getting called up soon because of the 2 year stop gap commitment they made to cabrerra :rofl:

bottom line mets are a better team with rosario starting over cabrera, you don't think that's true. you think the team right now is better with cabrera and reyes letting balls go right by them.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#1123 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 am

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:and if I told you our team ERA was going to be +5 runs per game do you think we would have a shot in hell at the playoffs?

Stop running with ridiculous arguments. Whats the bigger problem with the team. Short Stop or the pitching? Just answer please. Then we can get over this. You act like I am hating on Rosario which I'm not. I'm well aware of his talent and skill set and what he can bring to the table.

I don't see the massive NEED FOR HIM AT THE MOMENT. Again would you like to comment on our pitching? Please?

BOTH!!!!!!

that's what me and a yankee fan mecca are trying to tell you, it just so happens that rosario's range improves the defense which might make the terrible pitching into bad pitching.

Oh joy!
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1124 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 4:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:and if I told you our team ERA was going to be +5 runs per game do you think we would have a shot in hell at the playoffs?

Stop running with ridiculous arguments. Whats the bigger problem with the team. Short Stop or the pitching? Just answer please. Then we can get over this. You act like I am hating on Rosario which I'm not. I'm well aware of his talent and skill set and what he can bring to the table.

I don't see the massive NEED FOR HIM AT THE MOMENT. Again would you like to comment on our pitching? Please?

BOTH!!!!!!

that's what me and a yankee fan mecca are trying to tell you, it just so happens that rosario's range improves the defense which might make the terrible pitching into bad pitching.

Oh joy!

honestly what are you trying to prove?

i'm willing to bet when rosario gets promoted you're going to hope he struggles just to say "i told you so"
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1125 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 am

oh btw, rosario with 2 more hits and his 3rd homerun

.363 ba
3 hr
25 rbi's

but he needs more time :rofl:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#1126 » by whocares1 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 am

Im tired of our overrated pitching staff. They're either injury prone or don't last long in games. They haven't been elite since 2015.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1127 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 4:47 am

whocares1 wrote:Im tired of our overrated pitching staff. They're either injury prone or don't last long in games. They haven't been elite since 2015.

yeah lets trade them all and start from scratch.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1128 » by whocares1 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 am

blueNorange wrote:
whocares1 wrote:Im tired of our overrated pitching staff. They're either injury prone or don't last long in games. They haven't been elite since 2015.

They're just overrated man. Has nothing to do with trading them, they're going to be here for the next couple of years but they're overrated and it's frustrating to watch. Their names supersede their performance.
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Post#1129 » by draftbarnes » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_69VNHW0AAihlC.jpg dude thinks it's a pop up but it was a home run :lol:
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1130 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 am

whocares1 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

They're just overrated man. Has nothing to do with trading them, they're going to be here for the next couple of years but they're overrated and it's frustrating to watch. Their names supersede their performance.

but they're not.

you're just overreacting to a terrible start.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1131 » by whocares1 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:43 am

blueNorange wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:yeah lets trade them all and start from scratch.

but they're not.

you're just overreacting to a terrible start.

No im not. I've thought this for awhile now. They've consistently dissapointing.

Syndegaard- Was a kid that had the stuff but wasn't going deep. Figured it out at such a young age and has become a dominant pitcher. He then dealt with a bone spur in his elbow, and is now out for 3 month with a partially torn lat. Only real ace on the staff

DeGrom- What can I say about DeGrom? He has great stuff and is accurate and he generally has a low ERA, but he's not an ace. He's a guy that can't put hitters away after the second/third time the lineup turns over. He'll have 12 strike outs and 96 pitches by the start the 5th inning. He consistently has that one inning where he needs 10 pitches to strike out batters and we are left watching the hitter foul off pitches over and over again until either a strikeout or basehit occurs. He'll leave the game only given up 2 runs, but he leaves the game early in underwhelming fashion

Harvey- WAS a legitimate ace. He was a sure fire superstar pitcher that could handle the bright lights. Fastball was explosive with incredible movement. Off speed pitches were tight and sharp and he was not afraid to come at you with strikes. Injuries have taken a toll, and that's partly because of the pennant race which Harvey selflessly put his personal career on the back burner for the betterment of the team. Unfortunately this season he has become a mediocre 4-5 starter.

Matz- This kid has a body made of glass and he's always injured. Probably should've been the one traded for Céspedes and not Fulmer.Kid has great stuff and works quickly. Less frustrating to watch than DeGrom, because he gets outs quickly. No gripes on his performance he just can't stay healthy and it's been proven already.

Wheeler- Wraps up the Mets "starting rotation". I like Wheeler he has good stuff but he's also injury prone and has missed the last two seasons entirely. Wheeler is on an innings restriction so let's see how the Mets handle that but he has looked pretty decent recently and his fastball looks really good. Needs to work on his control and lasting longer in games, but I could see him being potentially a really good 3-4 starter in the league.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1132 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 am

lol wheeler hasn't pitched in 2 years, he's been real impressive coming back :laugh:

the fact that matz is pitching is a miracle. again if you knew what was up you'd know that anything matz gives you is a bonus because this is a kid that took 3 years to throw his first pitch. this is a kid that retired because he lost hope.

everyone knows he's not going to last at all, if he wants a career longer than 5 years he should be a reliever.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1133 » by whocares1 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 am

blueNorange wrote:lol wheeler hasn't pitched in 2 years, he's been real impressive coming back :laugh:

the fact that matz is pitching is a miracle. again if you knew what was up you'd know that anything matz gives you is a bonus because this is a kid that took 3 years to throw his first pitch. this is a kid that retired because he lost hope.

everyone knows he's not going to last at all, if he wants a career longer than 5 years he should be a reliever.

That's my point. They're marketed as the big 5 when it really is just a Big 1 with a bunch of decent injury prone guys.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1134 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 am

whocares1 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol wheeler hasn't pitched in 2 years, he's been real impressive coming back :laugh:

That's my point. They're marketed as the big 5 when it really is just a Big 1 with a bunch of decent injury prone guys.

this is new york, everything gets marketed.

degrom is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, how is degrom injury prone? because of last season when he still posted a 3.6 war?

the book isn't closed on wheeler. :laugh: especially since he's been good.

harvey still has stuff, just no work ethic and mentally fragile.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager

Post#1135 » by whocares1 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:02 am

blueNorange wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

degrom is still one of the best pitchers in baseball, how is degrom injury prone? because of last season when he still posted a 3.6 war?

the book isn't closed on wheeler. :laugh: especially when he's been good.

DeGrom isn't injury prone I just grouped him in with the rest but it's annoying watching a guy with his stuff go 6 innings tops every time he pitches. I didn't disrespect Wheeler at all in my analysis of him. I don't get why you keep laughing about him specifically. Harvey wasn't mentally weak before. He was dating models and showing up to sporting events all the time before. He was dominant and now he's jealous of Adrianna Lima and Edelman talking again or something..
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1136 » by blueNorange » Tue May 16, 2017 6:06 am

whocares1 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

the book isn't closed on wheeler. :laugh: especially when he's been good.

DeGrom isn't injury prone I just grouped him in with the rest but it's annoying watching a guy with his stuff go 6 innings tops every time he pitches. I didn't disrespect Wheeler at all in my analysis of him. I don't get why you keep laughing about him specifically. Harvey wasn't mentally weak before. He was dating models and showing up to sporting events all the time before. He was dominant and now he's jealous of Adrianna Lima and Edelman talking again or something..

it's only 8 starts, calm the heck down.

degrom's first 7 starts in 2015 he had a 3.46 era. it's a long season, degrom will have great numbers by the end of the season.

harvey was always mentally weak, remember how sensitive he got with the sponser thing? dude does drugs and drinks all night and now it's catching up on him.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#1137 » by reub » Tue May 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Wheeler pitched fine last night. The bullpen was a train wreck again.
Lugo and Matz are beginning rehab assignments later this week. Try to hold it together Amazins!
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1138 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:33 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:I said Rosario is a stud but needs more time. You are the dude that thinks he is the savior to the season...

this bad pitching staff has bad infield defense behind them, why not improve the infield defense which in turn improves the pitching?

bearer of bad news? nah dude keep thinking rosario is not getting called up soon because of the 2 year stop gap commitment they made to cabrerra :rofl:

bottom line mets are a better team with rosario starting over cabrera, you don't think that's true. you think the team right now is better with cabrera and reyes letting balls go right by them.

honestly don't tell me what "i think". Sandy was asked about when they are bringing up Rosario...do you know what his response was "can he pitch"????????????????????

just stop it

ROSTER

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1139 » by Mecca » Tue May 16, 2017 1:12 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

honestly don't tell me what "i think". Sandy was asked about when they are bringing up Rosario...do you know what his response was "can he pitch"????????????????????

just stop it

That's not how baseball works. You don't keep a dude in the minors because he doesn't fill your biggest weakness. The staff is in trouble yes, BUT Wheeler is back to being Wheeler... who if you remember was the original chosen one of Mets pitching prospects. PLUS Matz/Lugo will be back in 2 weeks. If Harvey gets himself together, there's no reason why the team can't compete for a WC still.

What the Mets can control is improving the offense and defense. Team is sluggish and lacks an energizer bunny. That's what Amed is. You immediately have a rangy SS. Trust me, as a Yankees fan, Didi has been a savior with his glove. Reyes and Asdrubal are in the back 18 of their career.

Even greater, who is your real leadoff hitter? Conforto? He's really a 3 hitter if you ask me. You need a table setter. Rosario can be what Lindor was with the Indians. I just dropped a crazy amount of FAAB $ on him in fantasy last night because I think it's all hogwash. He'll be up in the first week of June.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1140 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Mecca wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:this bad pitching staff has bad infield defense behind them, why not improve the infield defense which in turn improves the pitching?

just stop it

That's not how baseball works. You don't keep a dude in the minors because he doesn't fill your biggest weakness. The staff is in trouble yes, BUT Wheeler is back to being Wheeler... who if you remember was the original chosen one of Mets pitching prospects. PLUS Matz/Lugo will be back in 2 weeks. If Harvey gets himself together, there's no reason why the team can't compete for a WC still.

What the Mets can control is improving the offense and defense. Team is sluggish and lacks an energizer bunny. That's what Amed is. You immediately have a rangy SS. Trust me, as a Yankees fan, Didi has been a savior with his glove. Reyes and Asdrubal are in the back 18 of their career.

Even greater, who is your real leadoff hitter? Conforto? He's really a 3 hitter if you ask me. You need a table setter. Rosario can be what Lindor was with the Indians. I just dropped a crazy amount of FAAB $ on him in fantasy last night because I think it's all hogwash. He'll be up in the first week of June.

ok.......

and I never argued that he wouldn't be up by June. You are making my point for me the mets aren't going to risk super 2 status with Rosario (just like almost every other team does). For a few weeks when another bat is not even the main concern at the moment.

The GM and assistant GM said as much so I don't know why we have to keep arguing about something that won't be even revisited until a few more weeks.

Rosario wasn't the reason robles was giving up moon shots in the 8th inning. You watch the games so you know what im talking about.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks