ImageImageImageImageImage

The GENERAL BOARD and Warrior fans

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: The GENERAL BOARD and Warrior fans 

Post#61 » by and1GS » Tue May 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Wouldn't blame ya. I tried posting on Reddit but god, just so many morons and tough to break through the noise.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#62 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 16, 2017 7:21 pm

being in the presence of Jack Cust. Andy can't handle it. Solid gold.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#63 » by FNQ » Tue May 16, 2017 7:27 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:being in the presence of Jack Cust. Andy can't handle it. Solid gold.

holy **** its weird you brought up that name. Became good friends with Cust. Hack Cuts :D But when he connected, good god. Training room regular, fwiw
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#64 » by FNQ » Tue May 16, 2017 7:28 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:you guys talking about Golden State of Mind? I've thought about moving there because there's only a handful of regulars still around here.

Funny **** about Mark Ellis andy

I wouldnt wish GSoM or WW.net on anyone these days. Dot net has its moments and has some really good posters, a few who left here to go there. But its just overwhelmed by the whole locker room mentality.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#65 » by shazam_guy » Tue May 16, 2017 8:18 pm

The internet, as I've often said, is the greatest tool ever invented for letting people $@#! anonymously on other people.

In ordinary life, it's just about feeling superior (like reality TV), in sports and politics it allows complete idiots a chance to scream at more sensible people in public without everyone knowing the screaming d*ck's real identity.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by FNQ » Tue May 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Just to add about posting on the GB..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Poster says "X Y and Z say its intentional"
We debate why and how its intentional. Call out some of his inaccurate ways of misleading, including a freeze frame that was supposedly before Zaza had momentum (spoiler: most people have youtube, and the freeze frame was easy to find. Zaza was already mid-lunge).
Poster reverts back to "X Y and Z say its intentional"

:banghead:
Hect0r_Zer0n1
Senior
And1: 518

Post#67 » by Hect0r_Zer0n1 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:43 pm

The thread I posted got more replies than I thought it would.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#68 » by Coxy » Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Quazza wrote:who wrote the line about Rubio and Randolph playing perfect basketball on top of a mountain?

Paraphrasing, but that was one of the funniest things I'd read on any forum at the time

If I had to guess, it was Sid.....he was the one who coined Randolph as Magic Johnson, Or was it Baby Jesus...good times

I miss Sid. :( Dude was hectic.
CalSwint
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#69 » by CalSwint » Tue May 16, 2017 11:45 pm

So, I've been a long time observer of this board, Warriors not general. Never felt knowledgeable enough to get involved however, so just stuck to viewing and agreeing or disagreeing.

However, once I read this thread and ventured over to the general board to see what the thread was about, I had to sign up.

Wow.

How can people be so cynical, hypocritical and down right ignorant to reason on some of the topics. The Zaza discussions in particular. It's nonsensical at best from 90% of posters on the GB. 10% actually have valid discussion or views and for them I have massive respect.

I may be blinded by bias, but whenever I see a Warrior fan posting, it always appears to be with as little bias as possible, often complimenting other organisations and fan bases. I haven't seen enough of the GB to know if we have bad eggs, but from the small sample we appear well spoken and open to all angles of an argument.

Sorry that the first post was a negative, but it really shocked me to the point of posting.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#70 » by Coxy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 am

CalSwint wrote:So, I've been a long time observer of this board, Warriors not general. Never felt knowledgeable enough to get involved however, so just stuck to viewing and agreeing or disagreeing.

However, once I read this thread and ventured over to the general board to see what the thread was about, I had to sign up.

Wow.

How can people be so cynical, hypocritical and down right ignorant to reason on some of the topics. The Zaza discussions in particular. It's nonsensical at best from 90% of posters on the GB. 10% actually have valid discussion or views and for them I have massive respect.

I may be blinded by bias, but whenever I see a Warrior fan posting, it always appears to be with as little bias as possible, often complimenting other organisations and fan bases. I haven't seen enough of the GB to know if we have bad eggs, but from the small sample we appear well spoken and open to all angles of an argument.

Sorry that the first post was a negative, but it really shocked me to the point of posting.

Welcome aboard. The GB is full of the young, ignorant and emotional. It's a shame, but it is what it is. Key is to just understand that you most likely talking to either a 13 yr old troll or a highly emotional mental midget that couldn't work out how to toast a a slice of bread.

There are some good posters out there, but they are few and far between on the GB. The level of ignorance is astounding.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#71 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed May 17, 2017 1:33 am

I don't mind the hate. I can deal with blowing a 3-1 lead comments and I believe Zaza is a dirty player, but it's just sad how certain posters on that board have an agenda to throw shade as much as they can. Like that Martin2Gortat or whatever the hell his name is. Dude gets a hard on from hating on the Warriors, it's so sad. Lmao.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#72 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed May 17, 2017 1:38 am

Also, haters like that Martin2Gortat sad boy reach so hard just to throw shade Lmao.

There was a thread about how the Warriors built their team the right way: drafting Curry, Klay, Draymond, etc. and signing Free Agents.

Then he goes and tries to act like the Warriors are a disgrace, saying that Iguodala was a snake for Denver at the typical criticism of KD and that the Warriors tanked for HB.

Like, really?

Give me a list of NBA GMS who WOULDN'T want to build their teams like the Warriors did. I guarantee the other 29 teams would kill to build a team like the Warriors did.

The Warriors didn't form a super team randomly, they're a homegrown team that drafted All-Stars with low picks (Curry at 7, Klay at 11, Draymond in the second round).

That foundation happened to become good, and when you become good then obviously free agents will consider you like Iggy did. And of course if you win 73 wins, everyone will want to play with you. The best the Warriors could do in free agency in years past was Derek Fisher and Corey Maggette. Get the f*ck out of here with all your complaints, going on an internet forum to get a hard on from talking crap about the Warriors. And if you're going to complain about tanking you may as well take away all of San Antonio's banners for tanking for Tim Duncan.
#DubNation
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#73 » by michaelm » Wed May 17, 2017 2:01 am

Latest thing from multiple posters on there; they "know" what the reaction would be if the same thing happened to Curry. In fact it is we who know what the reaction would be; almost nothing from so- called "neutral" posters given he has been undercut countless times, and had resultant ankle injuries on multiple occasions.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#74 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:08 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:you guys talking about Golden State of Mind? I've thought about moving there because there's only a handful of regulars still around here.

Funny **** about Mark Ellis andy

Warriorsworld.net
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#75 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:15 am

michaelm wrote:Latest thing from multiple posters on there; they "know" what the reaction would be if the same thing happened to Curry. In fact it is we who know what the reaction would be; almost nothing from so- called "neutral" posters given he has been undercut countless times, and had resultant ankle injuries on multiple occasions.

Yeah it kind of is ironic that if the League makes a rule change that stiffens the penalties on undercutting because of Zaza and the outrage from Pop, that Curry and the Warriors may benefit the most.

Then we will hear the GB go ballistic that the whole thing was a conspiracy with Zaza to not only injur the Spurs best player, but also get a rule change that helps us more than others....lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM

Post#76 » by Coxy » Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 am

Mylie10 wrote:
michaelm wrote:Latest thing from multiple posters on there; they "know" what the reaction would be if the same thing happened to Curry. In fact it is we who know what the reaction would be; almost nothing from so- called "neutral" posters given he has been undercut countless times, and had resultant ankle injuries on multiple occasions.

Yeah it kind of is ironic that if the League makes a rule change of stiffness the penalties on undercutting because of Zaza and the outrage from Pop, that Curry and the Warriors may benefit the most.

Then we will hear the GB go ballistic that the whole thing was a conspiracy with Zaza to not only injur the Spurs best player, but also get a rule change that helps us more than others....lol

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#77 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:58 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Yeah it kind of is ironic that if the League makes a rule change of stiffness the penalties on undercutting because of Zaza and the outrage from Pop, that Curry and the Warriors may benefit the most.

Khoee wrote “
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#78 » by jamesnamida » Wed May 17, 2017 5:13 am

just don't reply to the hate, don't Feed the trolls, and eventually others will switch sides to feed them XD but that means less warrior hate by volume.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#79 » by turk3d » Wed May 17, 2017 5:35 am

The saving grace in all this (imo) is that by continuing to throw all the hate (and negativity which KD alluded to in the press conference after the game) and it just serves to make these guy want to play harder and better. Maybe they'll be "hated" all the way to a dynasty. They apparently learned their lesson last year and are not about to put their guard down.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
BayAreaFan
Junior
And1: 111

Post#80 » by BayAreaFan » Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 am

510TWSS wrote:
Coxy wrote:
gsw213 wrote:I rarely go on the general board because it's mostly emotional takes from fans rooting for one team or the other. It's also weird now that the Warriors are the villains to a lot of the younger crowd. I've rooted for the Warriors for over 30 years...Its so strange that they're now hated by so many like the Lakers once were. I love this era of Warriors bball but don't like all the media narratives and agendas that go along with it. Oh well, it sure beats constantly looking forward to the draft every year lol.

This board was the shizzle when we sucked. Most, if not all of the all-time threads and hot takes on this board come from when we blew chunks.

I miss our standard annual 80 page discussions about what to do with the 9th pick in the draft and which scrub to sign to a multi year deal in free agency. Good times.

Who wouldn't want to go back to those dark times and revisit such topics as Broken Wing for Yi (chairs beware)

A Warriors representative shot down an assertion made in a couple of my columns that the team was looking to move Brandan Wright. He especially took umbrage at the report that the team coveted Milwaukee's Yi Jianlian. I've been assured that Warriors GM Chris Mullin, who makes the final decisions at Golden State, isn't trading Wright for Yi.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=815950&p=16719257&hilit=anthony+randolph#p16719257

We went 35 pages when BD opted out and ditched us for SoCal.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=820781&hilit=anthony+randolph#start_here

A gem from old mod Hopper:

Brandon "SAT's" Jennings in 09

Shout out to all those who championed us to sign Iggy out of the three of Smoove, Iggy or Corey Regrette.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=822179&p=16877009&hilit=anthony+randolph#p16877009

And who could forget one of the more memorable times in which one of our posters flew a bit off the rails in their comparison.

I give you the infamous Anthony "Magic" Randolph thread in all it's magnificent cringy horror.

Anthony Randolph is the closest thing to Magic Johnson

Since Magic Johnson.

The only two guys Ive ever seen that can easily slide into any of the 5 positions on the floor..

Magic = The greatest 6'9 or higher ball handler ever...

Slim = The greatest 6'10 or higher ball handler ever..

Watchout when Slim fills out..It's all over for the rest of the league...Randolph-Ellis were custom built for each other..Randolph can run the offense from top of the key, in the post or on the wing...It's unbelievable what this kid can do...Wait till we see Monta playing with him..Holy crap!!.

With Biedrins-Wright and a couple nice role players..The Dub's will be fighting it out for the Western conference title year after year...

"Randolph will be a dominate dominate player for the GS warriors for years." -Sid Moncrief-

It may take 1 year for Anthony to find his stride..1 year tops.

I know most (or all) of you think I'm full of crapola...Watch this video through the 1st Q...Then go ahead and bash away..I see it..I see Randolph for what he is..A superstar.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=828826&hilit=anthony+randolph+anthony+magic+randolph+anthony+%26amp%3Bquot%3Bmagic%26amp%3Bquot%3B+randolph#start_here

How far we've come. Just remember one thing about the GB,

I forgot who but I remember someone suggesting we give Anthony Randolph the nickname "a dolph" lol.. I'm pretty sure he was joking..

Return to Golden State Warriors