Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4 

Post#1261 » by Headliner » Mon May 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Bernman wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Both Chiesa and Lee have Ultimate Fighting Championship skills with Trailer Park Fights personalities.

You should show more respect to Lee's game. Athletic and well-rounded guy who can be a contender. Beating Drinaldo in Brasil was no joke.

Chiesa is a solid fighter at this point too. That's a good match.

But the referendum on their personalities is on point.

I used to like Lee, but he went company man, and cut off the fighter's noses to spite their faces in mocking Iaquinta when he went Raging Al on the UFC's mistreatment of fighters. That was really off-putting.

As for Chiesa, he's one of those irrational guys when in the heat of the battle if you mention anyone in their family, regardless who it's actually disrespectful to if at all, they lose their minds. That's a bad look for civility. If Lee wanted to emulate Conor or even better, he'd have responded with some pro wrestling schtick about how he's more civilized and he'd win one for the evolution of a species. Some British guy used to do that in WWF, I forgot his name, but that would have been funny and I'd like to see someone bring that mentality to MMA. Chael did to some degree. He's still the gold standard over Conor. If he had a country behind him, actual entertaining style, and didn't choke; he'd have been the full service GOAT.

lol probably Regal.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#1262 » by cowboyronnie » Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Except Lee was not doing well against Trinaldo at all until the end. It looked like he was about to take an L. Full credit for resolve but his skills were not handling it up until that point.\\
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1263 » by Bernman » Mon May 15, 2017 4:07 pm

REDDzone wrote:I said both have UFC skills. I wasn't knocking their fighting at all.

Sorry, I misinterpreted that, maybe because you disrespected Lee's ability in the past, and the overall tone of the post. It was lazy reading.

Headliner wrote:lol probably Regal.

Yep, that was the guy. This would be a good schtick with which to respond to those who are meatheads in MMA.

"someone has lost their temper, haven't they"

"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1264 » by REDDzone » Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't recall disrespecting Lee's skills. I said I would pick Trinaldo in a rematch if they fought again, and I would. He's obviously a good fighter though. Chiesa as well, subbing Dariush is cray cray.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#1265 » by Bernman » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Drinaldo wasn't dominating or anything. He was on the front foot, I think in part because Lee was trying to wrestle him, which Drinaldo is too strong for. When Lee adjusted to start focusing on the striking, he had more success, even before the well placed and set up head kick. I'd pick Lee again, especially on a neutral canvas.

Incidentally, Regal bears a striking resemblance in both face and voice to the actor Sean Bean.

Bernman
RealGM

Post#1267 » by Bernman » Mon May 15, 2017 6:16 pm

That explains why he couldn't say anything because it's publicly controversial and still illegal, but if they still have to wait for a law to pass that's a tenuous plan. Should have still stayed tight-lipped and waited for the law to pass.

It's pretty ironic he's saying things like he's among the most worried about cte, he's got a bigger calling, and he was an athlete not a fighter; because he was an intimidating meathead who had multiple domestic violence allegations.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1268 » by REDDzone » Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Woodley drives me nuts with his continual callouts of Nick Diaz. Its just shameless.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#1269 » by Jasen777 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm

REDDzone wrote:Woodley drives me nuts with his continual callouts of Nick Diaz. Its just shameless.

I mean he's not good at it, but it's how the game is played now.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1270 » by REDDzone » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Well he's annoying and he should feel bad.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1271 » by Jasen777 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

WME|IMG invites UFC roster to Las Vegas this weekend for ‘retreat’

WME|IMG, the new owners of the UFC, have invited the entire roster to Vegas for what they’re calling the “2017 UFC Athlete Retreat.” While every fighter was asked to attend, those with conflicting schedules are exempt. All travel expenses will be paid by the UFC.

“This event represents a unique opportunity for you to interact with your fellow athletes, UFC staff and your new ownership group, while hearing from a wide variety of experts across sports, entertainment and business,” an e-mail sent to the fighters earlier this week stated.

While WME|IMG co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell have attended events since buying the promotion last summer, they’ve yet to meet with the majority of the roster in an official capacity. This weekend could represent the first opportunity to do so.

The retreat, which will be held at the new UFC offices in Las Vegas, will kick off on Friday with the grand opening of the UFC Performance Institute. Then on Saturday and Sunday, there will be over nine hours of events for the fighters to partake in.

The promotion has invited fighters to Las Vegas in the past for what they’ve called “a summit” but those have been staggered, and with the unveiling of the new UFC headquarters and an opportunity to meet the new ownership group, this year’s iteration proves to be unique.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1272 » by Headliner » Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 pm

That's pretty cool.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1273 » by Jasen777 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Headliner wrote:That's pretty cool.

Unpaid mandatory (for most) meeting. Fun.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1274 » by Headliner » Wed May 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
Headliner wrote:That's pretty cool.

Unpaid mandatory (for most) meeting. Fun.

For the guys making 100k plus, but the guys making less will probably enjoy a free trip, meals a small entertainment with the family for a weekend.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1275 » by REDDzone » Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 pm

What will they tell their second and third employers though?
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#1276 » by NZB2323 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:50 pm

I've never heard of mandatory fun for private contractors.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1277 » by Jasen777 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:56 pm

NZB2323 wrote:I've never heard of mandatory fun for private contractors.

When someone sues for them for employee status, they'll win.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#1278 » by cowboyronnie » Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Minotauro was to fight Latifi (now cancelled due to injury)??? Why not just replace it with a snuff film, achieve the same effect? "The UFC regrets the reduction of main card fights to 4 but offers you footage of a humanitarian aid worker being beheaded as bonus content."
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1279 » by Jasen777 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:08 am

This UFC meeting might have been thread worthy. Ariel reporting Kajan Johnson went on a rant about the Reebok deal (some fighters cheered) and got kicked out. Cyborg punched Angela Magana. Jessica Penne said an AnheuserBusch rep who was talked about image showed up drunk.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#1280 » by lilfishi22 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:21 am

Why can't Cyborg be more like Wandy and have cameras follow her before she starts stuff
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts