ImageImage

Series Thread: Brewers @ Miguel Diaz & the Padres

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Miguel Diaz & the Padres 

Post#41 » by Iheartfootball » Wed May 17, 2017 2:51 am

Wow. Aguilar just raking. Where does Stearns find these guys? Plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#42 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed May 17, 2017 3:14 am

How the **** did we not score any runs in that inning?
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by Iheartfootball » Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 am

It feels like it should be 15-0.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#44 » by BigDee » Wed May 17, 2017 3:41 am

No kidding.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#45 » by wichmae » Wed May 17, 2017 4:16 am

Definitely don't need to protect arms like that in rule 5. Marinez, Kirk, Goforth, and Scahill all way more important to the org.

bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#46 » by bizarro » Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 am

wichmae wrote:Definitely don't need to protect arms like that in rule 5. Marinez, Kirk, Goforth, and Scahill all way more important to the org.

Yeah, this is Stearns version of a Bucks move. Diaz was and is a no brainer protection - A poor value decision. His biggest hiccup to date on the personnel side. AND, hopefully he learns from it because he's accumulated quite a number of plus acquisitions.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#47 » by bizarro » Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 am

Man has Sogard been fantastic since his call-up. I really look forward to a healthy Braun, Thames, and Shaw in the batting order.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#48 » by El Duderino » Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am

wichmae wrote:Definitely don't need to protect arms like that in rule 5. Marinez, Kirk, Goforth, and Scahill all way more important to the org.

I can't figure out how Goforth especially has managed so many lives with the Brewers for years now. He's not even a good AAAA type of pitcher.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#49 » by wichmae » Wed May 17, 2017 2:29 pm

bizarro wrote:Man has Sogard been fantastic since his call-up. I really look forward to a healthy Braun, Thames, and Shaw in the batting order.

I wouldnt mind having Sogard stick on the big club. With Perez's versatility and Thames ability to play the corners Franklin is the obvious DFA candidate.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#50 » by El Duderino » Wed May 17, 2017 11:40 pm

wichmae wrote:
bizarro wrote:Man has Sogard been fantastic since his call-up. I really look forward to a healthy Braun, Thames, and Shaw in the batting order.

I wouldnt mind having Sogard stick on the big club. With Perez's versatility and Thames ability to play the corners Franklin is the obvious DFA candidate.

I don't care at all if Franklin is let go, but watching Thames in the outfield so far, i'd only use him there on a very limited basis. He's a bad defensive outfielder and much better at first where he's at least tolerable.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#51 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 am

Peralta officially moved to the pen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Iheartfootball » Thu May 18, 2017 5:04 am

Welp, they have closer.
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#53 » by kid idioteque » Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 am

May 18th. First place.

??
bizarro
RealGM

Post#54 » by bizarro » Thu May 18, 2017 6:29 am

2nd time in a week where we've won every game at every level of the organization. The future is so brightttttttt I gotta wear shades.
miamiflashfan
Sophomore
And1: 43

Re: RE: Re: Series Thread: Brewers @ Miguel Diaz & the Padres 

Post#55 » by miamiflashfan » Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 am

bizarro wrote:2nd time in a week where we've won every game at every level of the organization. The future is so brightttttttt I gotta wear shades.

4th time this year after happening zero times last year.

Sent from my LGUS990 using RealGM mobile app
wichmae
RealGM

Post#56 » by wichmae » Thu May 18, 2017 11:37 am

El Duderino wrote:
wichmae wrote:

I don't care at all if Franklin is let go, but watching Thames in the outfield so far, i'd only use him there on a very limited basis. He's a bad defensive outfielder and much better at first where he's at least tolerable.

The issue with that is it moves Aquilar who is raking to the bench. I personally dont think Thames is much worse than Braun in LF so its moot for me.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#57 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm

The next week is going to be telling. Obviously a long 3/4 of the season to go, but if we're going to accidentally hang around in the wild card chase, we'll know a lot better if we do well in this stretch.

100% lock: Nats
Team I'm very confident will get in: Dodgers
Team I am more confident than most is probably in: Rockies

After that, I think that the Cubs should get in, but I'm not 100% certain that their pitching won't keep imploding now that the defense is much worse behind them. I'll probably laugh at this when they're on a 100 win pace in July. I still think they're the 1st/2nd best team in the NL but I wouldn't be shocked to see them hang on the fringes.

The Cards also have a good shot and the final team is the D-Backs. Everyone else is garbage.

So that's 3-4 teams in or likely in and the Brewers are facing 2 teams that are on the fringe this week with the Cubs and D-Backs. I would say I want one more year of trading away the last of what we have of vets at the deadline, but I guess if we somehow got in, I'd just enjoy it similarly to how FTD was enjoyed (we thought we had a semi-bright future regardless after that season).
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Iheartfootball » Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm excited and entertained by this team but I really don't want to get my hopes up. This pitching is not very good and the bats will cool off. I'm thinking they are due for a cold streak pretty soon. Bring them back to earth.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#59 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu May 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:I'm excited and entertained by this team but I really don't want to get my hopes up. This pitching is not very good and the bats will cool off. I'm thinking they are due for a cold streak pretty soon. Bring them back to earth.

I agree, but the team is very similarly constructed to the D-Backs, so I'd say we're pretty even with them. Beyond that, there are only 5 other teams for 5 playoff spots. We may accidentally be in this thing. The extra WC spot definitely leaves the door open. TeamRankings gives us a 30% chance at the playoffs.

In a vacuum, I'd hope we sell whatever we have off one more time and tank one more time because this team is basically fighting for the #5 WC spot and probably isn't going to do much if they get it.

In reality, Mark will probably stand pat if we're "in it." I hope that we sell everything if we start to fade in the next month.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#60 » by wichmae » Thu May 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Theres a 162 games in a season. Theyve played 41 games. They are hot for sure but unless Espino and Guerra come up and save this rotation I dont see anything else happening. The pitching is not good right now and these bats are bound to cool a little. They are scrappy and never give up. A testament to how well Counsell has done with this team. In no way shape or form do I think this is a playoff team.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers