Utah May Be Unwilling To Match Rival Offers For George Hill

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Utah May Be Unwilling To Match Rival Offers For George Hill 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 am

While the Utah Jazz are preparing to do everything within their power to re-sign Gordon Hayward this offseason, the free agency of George Hill is a priority that will have limitations.

Dennis Lindsey is adamant in wanting to re-sign Hill, but he acknowledged the Jazz won't be able to match all offers he might receive.

“I told him if he gets a crazy offer somewhere else and we helped him get that offer, ‘you’re not going to get one poor thought, much less a word (from us)’ if he were to go,” Lindsey said. “He helped us.”

Hill had a highly productive first season with the Jazz after coming over from the Indiana Pacers via trade.

The Jazz and Hill were unable to agree upon an extension during the season.

Via Mike Sorensen/Deseret News

Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Re: Utah May Be Unwilling To Match Rival Offers For George Hill 

Post#2 » by Pedro » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

If Hill decides to leave then I'd like to see Utah target Patrick Beverly as he'd be a great fit in their system and only further solidify their defense.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#3 » by deeps6x » Fri May 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Pedro wrote:If Hill decides to leave then I'd like to see Utah target Patrick Beverly as he'd be a great fit in their system and only further solidify their defense.

Don't you think Beverly would get even more money than 31 year old George Hill? I'm mean Hill is good and all, producing at the same (name your stat) per minute rate as Kyle Lowry. (Lowry just plays 20% more minutes per game and is the same age as Hill) But Beverly is 3 years younger, in his prime, and is a perfect fit in Houston's system.

I just can't see Hill getting more than Beverly does this summer.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#4 » by hyberx » Fri May 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Hill has awesome RPM even though he only played half a season that will hurt his value a bit. Jazz is already great on defense. What they need upgrade is on scoring. Even with that slow pace style, they still need to score more to be able to compete with the big boys. Hayward can not do it alone and Joe Johnson is not getting any younger despite his performance against the clippers.
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#5 » by Pedro » Fri May 19, 2017 7:47 pm

deeps6x wrote:
Pedro wrote:If Hill decides to leave then I'd like to see Utah target Patrick Beverly as he'd be a great fit in their system and only further solidify their defense.

Don't you think Beverly would get even more money than 31 year old George Hill? I'm mean Hill is good and all, producing at the same (name your stat) per minute rate as Kyle Lowry. (Lowry just plays 20% more minutes per game and is the same age as Hill) But Beverly is 3 years younger, in his prime, and is a perfect fit in Houston's system.

I just can't see Hill getting more than Beverly does this summer.

NBA GMs dont seem to value Beverly as much for what I see as 2 reasons. The first being that Beverly isnt nearly as diverse offensively, and tge 2nd being that some GMs like to hope that Hill will have a mostly full season again despite that he is proven to be injury prone and miss many games every season.

While I agree that Beverly is vital to Houstons success in that he is their defensive focal point, its well known that D'Antoni values offesive punch much more which makes its possible that he may go for a more potent, or bigger, guard next to Harden and get a guard defender, like a Courney Lee, for the bench. That may even entail shifting Ariza in the starting line-up.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#6 » by DoItALL9 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:37 pm

It'd be good to see George Hill get paid in San Antonio if Tony Parker has to retire.

Return to Wiretap Discussion