Your early favorites for SB 52?

Moderator: bwgood77

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Your early favorites for SB 52? 

Post#41 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm

imdaman99 wrote:Giants. They usually follow up a good season with a miraculous run to the Super Bowl. This offseason once they move that fat crap Flowers to another position, like cheerleader, they will be OK on offense.

How will we know him from the other women in New Jersey?

:rock:
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
imdaman99
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#42 » by imdaman99 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
imdaman99 wrote:Giants. They usually follow up a good season with a miraculous run to the Super Bowl. This offseason once they move that fat crap Flowers to another position, like cheerleader, they will be OK on offense.

:lol: Giants don't even have cheerleaders, but we will make an exception for him. NJ women are dimes though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'd do just about anything to have him post on this forum again.

Just about anything, :rofl:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:31 pm

imdaman99 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

:lol: Giants don't even have cheerleaders, but we will make an exception for him. NJ women are dimes though.

Can you blame them with the kennel club of women you guys have in that neck of the woods, :lol: Hopefully you guys don't go to Houston this year. Jwise might get the wrong idea.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#45 » by Mich3006 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:I want wait until the NFL Draft and FA signing are over since a lot players are FA.

The Steelers are my early favorite with Bryant returning to the field but I think there will be at least one suprising team in the Super Bowl. Teams like the Buccaneers, Lions and Browns (!) picked up the best available FA´s and no top tier candidate (Broncos, Seahawks, Packers) got significantly better so far (don´t know about the Patriots though).

No homer post but I think the Giants could become a contending team if they can upgrade their lack up front.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Exciting News!!! :D

Tom Brady will be on cover of 'Madden NFL 18'

Its official! We will have a new champion next year! :clap:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000808307/article/tom-brady-will-be-on-cover-of-madden-nfl-18
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat May 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Exciting News!!! :D

Tom Brady will be on cover of 'Madden NFL 18'

Its official! We will have a new champion next year! :clap:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000808307/article/tom-brady-will-be-on-cover-of-madden-nfl-18

RIP 2017 Brady
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#48 » by hermes » Sun May 14, 2017 1:36 pm

is the madden curse still going? i haven't been keeping up with it
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#49 » by RavenMad31 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:20 pm

hermes wrote:is the madden curse still going? i haven't been keeping up with it

It's not nearly as much of a thing as people made it out to be. Since like 2000, a few guys have gotten hurt. I think the most high profile one was when Vick broke his leg. There have been at least as many guys to go on and have a damn fine season.
I'm really feeling the Giants in the NFC and I'll pick the Patriots in the AFC every single year until further notice. It's just getting dumb not to.
I haven't already replied to this thread with a different answer, have I?
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#50 » by RavenMad31 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:14 pm

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#51 » by bleu » Wed May 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah, I think the Madden curse has somewhat become a thing of the past. I've never been very superstitious, but it hasn't hit for a few years.

As far as early favorites for SB52...I have a very hard time not picking the Patriots to return. I see no reason why they shouldn't be as good or even better than they were last year, and I don't think the AFC will be any tougher than last year. NFC is a much more mixed bag. I could see 4 or 5 teams making it there.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#52 » by RavenMad31 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm

bleu wrote:Yeah, I think the Madden curse has somewhat become a thing of the past. I've never been very superstitious, but it hasn't hit for a few years.

As far as early favorites for SB52...I have a very hard time not picking the Patriots to return. I see no reason why they shouldn't be as good or even better than they were last year, and I don't think the AFC will be any tougher than last year. NFC is a much more mixed bag. I could see 4 or 5 teams making it there.

I see the AFC as a two, possibly three horse race. Pittsburgh has the talent to play with New England, except the Patriots are so much better coached. If Pittsburgh's young defensive talent gels into something formidable, they are a threat.
Houston is also a threat if they find some QB play this year while maintaining high level of play at defense. Otherwise, I don't see any team that was decent last year adding any pieces that show them taking a next step. Does anyone else? KC drafted a QB for 2019 instead of someone who can have an impact this year. The Raiders added an old RB and a huge distraction with the move. Baltimore doesn't look ready for prime time. Neither do any of the other improving teams in the South. Miami will be worse. Denver is slipping and lost a truly great DC. The Bengals aren't bouncing back and who cares if they do?
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by bleu » Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bleu wrote:Yeah, I think the Madden curse has somewhat become a thing of the past. I've never been very superstitious, but it hasn't hit for a few years.

I see the AFC as a two, possibly three horse race. Pittsburgh has the talent to play with New England, except the Patriots are so much better coached. If Pittsburgh's young defensive talent gels into something formidable, they are a threat.
Houston is also a threat if they find some QB play this year while maintaining high level of play at defense. Otherwise, I don't see any team that was decent last year adding any pieces that show them taking a next step. Does anyone else? KC drafted a QB for 2019 instead of someone who can have an impact this year. The Raiders added an old RB and a huge distraction with the move. Baltimore doesn't look ready for prime time. Neither do any of the other improving teams in the South. Miami will be worse. Denver is slipping and lost a truly great DC. The Bengals aren't bouncing back and who cares if they do?

Yeah, I see quite a few decent but not great teams in the AFC. The biggest threats to NE in my opinion by far are Pittsburgh and Oakland, but then again I thought Pittsburgh was winning it all last year and we all saw how that turned out. It's interesting that you bring Houston up, since they are one of my ultimate wild cards this year. I absolutely love Watson, and I think he could do wonders for that team, but I still reeeeeally don't see a run to the SB. KC, Baltimore, and Denver should all be okay, but I'm not buying in to any of them.

Tom Brady haters need to start to come to grips with him playing in yet another Super Bowl this year
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 pm

They replaced a curse with a price tag. $80 for the G.O.A.T. version.
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#55 » by CDior510 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 pm

NFC: Giants, Cowboys, Buccaneers, Packers
AFC: Patriots, Raiders, Steelers, Texans
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by bleu » Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 am

I'm amazed how many people are big on the Texans. I think the Texans this year may be what the Jaguars were last year. Tons of hype, then utter disappointment.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#57 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 am

bleu wrote:I'm amazed how many people are big on the Texans. I think the Texans this year may be what the Jaguars were last year. Tons of hype, then utter disappointment.

Watson is still a huge unknown as a rook. Who the heck is Tom Savage? lol

Yeah, I'd say there is definite potential to under-perform.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#58 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:54 am

bleu wrote:I'm amazed how many people are big on the Texans. I think the Texans this year may be what the Jaguars were last year. Tons of hype, then utter disappointment.

Cactus Jack wrote:Watson is still a huge unknown as a rook. Who the heck is Tom Savage? lol

Shut up, both of you...just shut your dirty whore mouths right now!

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for.

Carry on.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by bleu » Sat May 20, 2017 12:57 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:

Cactus Jack wrote:Watson is still a huge unknown as a rook. Who the heck is Tom Savage? lol

Carry on.

The thing is though, last year I thought the Jax hype was crazy and I just couldn't see them living up to it. The Houston hype sounds very similar but I can actually see them living up to it if they hand Watson the reigns right away. They're a stacked team who is just a step away.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 20, 2017 1:03 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:

Carry on.

:lol:

Win or lose, life goes on...

Return to The General NFL Board