Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#1681 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 26, 2017 3:41 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#1682 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 pm

San Francisco 49ers: UDFAs with the best chance to make 53-man roster

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/1684-san-francisco-49ers-udfas-best-chance-53-man-roster/
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1683 » by Jikkle » Fri May 26, 2017 7:16 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Why Richard Sherman can't let go of Seattle's Super Bowl loss

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19446657/seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-let-go-problem-nfl-2017

Despite what they say publically the Seahawks have gotta be tired of his act and I think this upcoming season will be his last there. It's clear by the way they drafted they are preparing for life after the Legion of Boom.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1684 » by ChrisPozz » Fri May 26, 2017 7:25 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1685 » by ChrisPozz » Sun May 28, 2017 3:32 am

ChrisPozz wrote:Brandon Jacobs: Jim Harbaugh didn’t know what he was doing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/26/brandon-jacobs-jim-harbaugh-didnt-know-what-he-was-doing/

Jacobs said Harbaugh didn’t have much of a grasp of the Xs and Os of coaching and that the assistants deserved more of the credit.

Non-bold part I can't really speak to for sure but it would not surprise me back then if there was SOME element of truth to that in some respects.

Bold part I really agree with when it comes to the Greg Roman aspect and some of the other assistants to a lesser degree.

I really respect Roman as a football mind and in the moment never really felt like he got as much love from not-in-the-know people as he may have deserved because so much of it was heaped onto Harbaugh. Obviously credit is such a hard thing to divvy up in the coaching world because so much of it is about the connection and relationship two or more coaches have but what I'm getting at is I don't think how good Roman was or may have been for Harbaugh specifically at those times was ever really talked about to the degree it probably should've been IMO. Not that one couldn't argue what else it might have looked like had Harbaugh tied himself early on to someone other than Roman, too.

HARBAUGH GOES BIBLICAL, RESPONDS TO JACOBS' CRITICISMS OF HIS COACHING

Often haven't liked some of the stuff Harbaugh has retorted with in response to things in the past, but this one is fairly decent IMO.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-goes-biblical-responds-jacobs-criticisms-his-coaching?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1686 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jun 1, 2017 3:16 am

Seahawks signed Marcus Cromartie.

Not

surprising
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1687 » by NinerSickness » Fri Jun 2, 2017 5:39 am

Jets are trading Calvin Pryor to the Flush-It-Downs.

...Still can't believe he was drafted ahead of Ha Ha.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#1688 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:28 pm

Jikkle wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19446657/seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-let-go-problem-nfl-2017

Despite what they say publically the Seahawks have gotta be tired of his act and I think this upcoming season will be his last there. It's clear by the way they drafted they are preparing for life after the Legion of Boom.

No doubt, many Seahawk fans are trying to dismiss it, but why would you shop your best corner while your championship window is still open? And Sherman didn't dismiss reports that he would be open to being traded to another team. While winning, a lot of stuff gets tolerated. But once the losing starts, that stuff does not go over well in the locker room. So far, they have not been very successful at finding replacements for their secondary. Will be interesting to see if their current draft choices pan out. There was even an article from up there that stated Schneider's drafts have not been very good the past couple of years and that he needs to hit on some more players or their window is going to close.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1689 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Jun 2, 2017 9:50 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

No doubt, many Seahawk fans are trying to dismiss it, but why would you shop your best corner while your championship window is still open? And Sherman didn't dismiss reports that he would be open to being traded to another team. While winning, a lot of stuff gets tolerated. But once the losing starts, that stuff does not go over well in the locker room. So far, they have not been very successful at finding replacements for their secondary. Will be interesting to see if their current draft choices pan out. There was even an article from up there that stated Schneider's drafts have not been very good the past couple of years and that he needs to hit on some more players or their window is going to close.

Schneider is certainly better, but to me he's been somewhat reminiscent of Baalke: he hit on some great players early on who helped springboard the team to the top of the league (to be fair, his first three drafts were huge), but he's had an awful lot of misses, too. Like Baalke, I get the sense that he thinks he's smarter than the rest of the league at times. Clark may get there, and possibly Lockett, but other than those two, the Hawks haven't added a difference-maker since drafting Russell Wilson. And a lot of his trades have not borne out. They'll be an interesting team to watch going forward.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#1690 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Jun 3, 2017 2:47 am

Jeremy Maclin - WR - Free Agent

Chiefs released WR Jeremy Maclin.

It's a surprise move for a team with weak receiver depth, especially after Chiefs coach Andy Reid attended Maclin's wedding just two weeks ago. Maclin's post-June 1 release saves Kansas City $10 million, but leaves $7.2 million in dead money the next two seasons. Maclin looked in decline with a career-worst 44/536/2 line in 2016 while playing through injuries, but he shouldn't struggle for interest in free agency. Tyreek Hill will take over as the Chiefs' clear-cut No. 1 receiver and should be upgraded significantly as a fantasy target. Travis Kelce topped 100 yards in three of the four games Maclin missed last year.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jun 2 - 8:08 PM
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#1691 » by I_am_1z » Sat Jun 3, 2017 4:56 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jeremy Maclin - WR - Free Agent

It's a surprise move for a team with weak receiver depth, especially after Chiefs coach Andy Reid attended Maclin's wedding just two weeks ago. Maclin's post-June 1 release saves Kansas City $10 million, but leaves $7.2 million in dead money the next two seasons. Maclin looked in decline with a career-worst 44/536/2 line in 2016 while playing through injuries, but he shouldn't struggle for interest in free agency. Tyreek Hill will take over as the Chiefs' clear-cut No. 1 receiver and should be upgraded significantly as a fantasy target. Travis Kelce topped 100 yards in three of the four games Maclin missed last year.

49ers should be taking a look
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1692 » by NinerSickness » Sat Jun 3, 2017 6:05 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jeremy Maclin - WR - Free Agent

49ers should be taking a look

I'd pass. I don't think he fits Shanny's offense, and he's been playing through a ton of pain in recent years; I don't think he has a ton left.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#1693 » by Bald Bull » Tue Jun 6, 2017 9:59 pm

@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
More
And now the Jets are parting ways with WR Eric Decker, sources tell ESPN. Have told WR they either will release or trade him this week.
JMedlock5186
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#1694 » by JMedlock5186 » Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:57 pm

No matter how our season turns out, at least we arent Jets fans. I live in NY and all the media is talking about is them tanking. Its pretty funny.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1695 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 8, 2017 2:18 pm

If I were them I'd placed him on PUP or IR designated to return list. Man I'd even consider him giving him another redshirt season to really ensure that he heals properly and develops that knee back to 100 percent.

Jaylon Smith - LB - Cowboys

Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith (knee) worked in team drills during Wednesday's practice.

Smith was known to be getting in work at OTAs, but this was the first time in his Cowboys career he took the field in front of the media. "Each week, we gradually continue to progress," Smith said. "I feel explosive. I'm moving fast. And it's a great feeling to be a part of the Dallas Cowboys." The Cowboys are taking it easy with Smith, who will not practice on back-to-back days during camp. Still, everything points to him getting back on the field at some point this season.
Source: ESPN

Jun 8 - 10:04 AM
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1696 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jun 8, 2017 4:01 pm

The what ifs..... Jaylon or Reuben? Glad we have Foster.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1697 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jun 8, 2017 6:21 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1698 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jun 8, 2017 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#1699 » by Jikkle » Thu Jun 8, 2017 10:18 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting to see if he gets another shot in the NFL when healthy.

I have to say the most amazing aspect to the Baalke era is that in all those years he didn't draft a single decent WR. Off the top of my head I can't think of one WR he drafted that's contributing to another NFL team right now and what makes that fact even more mind blowing is how many draft picks he had to work with every year.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1700 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Jun 9, 2017 6:31 pm

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Jets

NJ Advance Media's Connor Hughes pegged Austin Seferian-Jenkins as the "most impressive player on the field" at Jets OTAs.

To be frank, ASJ doesn't have much competition in the form of offensive talent among his teammates, but this is still great to hear. "He caught everything in sight," Hughes added. Seferian-Jenkins has hit the reset button on his life this offseason, quitting drinking and dropping 25 pounds in the process. One of the more established players on a Jets offense filled with inexperience, ASJ has a chance at real contributions in 2017 after he serves a two-game ban.
Source: NJ Advance Media

Jun 9 - 9:08 AM

Return to San Francisco 49ers