Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Kyle_Connor
Freshman
And1: 11

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#701 » by Kyle_Connor » Wed May 3, 2017 1:17 pm

United have tough fixtures ahead against Ars, Tot, and Saints. All away. we have manageable ones provided we don't screw up. 3 more wins and we'll be deserving to play in UCL finishing third in the table.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#702 » by HIF » Wed May 3, 2017 3:00 pm

Kyle_Connor wrote:United have tough fixtures ahead against Ars, Tot, and Saints. All away. we have manageable ones provided we don't screw up. 3 more wins and we'll be deserving to play in UCL finishing third in the table.

Deserving?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#703 » by HIF » Sun May 7, 2017 2:22 pm

Well Liverpool **** that up.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#704 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 7, 2017 6:11 pm

HIF wrote:Well Liverpool **** that up.

The game was a 5:30am start time here, so I didn't miss much. :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#705 » by coldfish » Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Liverpool is limping in, quite literally. The guy that seems to make their team go is Mane. When he plays in a league game, they score a goal every 39 minutes. When he is out, they score every 71 minutes. Injuries to Henderson, Lallana and Coutinho didn't help much either.

Everyone has injury issues though. What Liverpool's injuries have done is exposed their poor squad depth. Mane is the only speed on the team. Lallana and Coutinho are the only creative players. Guys like Gini, Can (despite his worldy goal), Origi, etc. are solid, but just squad filler. If they do make CL, they need to buy a lot of players.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool misses CL. If not for Can's out of nowhere goal, Liverpool would have gone DDL against some pretty mediocre teams.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#706 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 22, 2017 2:04 am

Happy we qualified. This summer is so crucial. A lot of work to do this window.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#707 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Happy we qualified. This summer is so crucial. A lot of work to do this window. It's time to go for it.

Agree. Like the poster said above you....this team has no depth. I have said as much a while back as well. We have like 4-5 quality guys, and then some so-so players. When all our quality guys are clicking....we are formidable. But take even one of them away, and we can't beat bottom half teams. It's annoying. My list:

1)sh** or get off the pot with Sturridge. We need an out and out striker, but Daniel gets hurt way too much. Either way...we need to make a decision here. Play the guy, or sell him and get someone else.

2)We need 2 solid defenders. Maybe not 'world class'....those guys are hard to come by, but better than decent. a couple legit GOOD defenders would be massive for us.

3)Assuming the 2-points above are solved.....I'd like to see us make another "Mane" type signing this year. And by that, I mean the level of talent.....not necessarily his position. This team needs a couple more guys just peppered through the squad. Benteke...Yaya Toure...Stewart Downing...Ozil. Something in that vein.

That's my list. Sort out our Striker....Get a couple defenders who are legit, and sign at least ONE guy who is an impact player.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#708 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 24, 2017 5:53 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:1)sh** or get off the pot with Sturridge. We need an out and out striker, but Daniel gets hurt way too much. Either way...we need to make a decision here. Play the guy, or sell him and get someone else.

One word: Sell.

danfantastk32 wrote:2)We need 2 solid defenders. Maybe not 'world class'....those guys are hard to come by, but better than decent. a couple legit GOOD defenders would be massive for us.

A starting CB that replaces Lovren should be the top priority. Another LB to start/fill-in for Milner is also a must. Bye bye Moreno.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#709 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm

And for a team that made the CL....I think my 'wish list' should be easily taken care of.

I mean...we're in the CL. We should prob seize this moment and see if we can't get some "names" David Silva....Alexi Sanchez. Lukaku, something really legit. I don't know that those particular guys may not be realistic......but you get the idea.

Our defense needs help prob most of all. And then we just need to pepper in 2-3 guys into the squad that boost our overall talent. I look at guys like Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Leiva, Emre Can, Origi...etc etc as people that shouldnt be playing. They are not good enough for a team making the final 8 of the CL or final 4 or something.

Honestly, Guys like Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Firmino should all be fighting desperately for spots.

It wont get fixed all at once....but get some real defenders, and bring in 3-4 high-level players, with at least one being someone with some 'star power'. I don't care about the name....but the talent behind it. David Silva is a great example. Hazard. Sanchez. All guys who bring some star-power...and IMPACT. Surely a CL team can sign a guy or two like that right?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#710 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 24, 2017 6:44 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:And for a team that made the CL....I think my 'wish list' should be easily taken care of.

I mean...we're in the CL. We should prob seize this moment and see if we can't get some "names" David Silva....Alexi Sanchez. Lukaku, something really legit. I don't know that those particular guys may not be realistic......but you get the idea.

Our defense needs help prob most of all. And then we just need to pepper in 2-3 guys into the squad that boost our overall talent. I look at guys like Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Leiva, Emre Can, Origi...etc etc as people that shouldnt be playing. They are not good enough for a team making the final 8 of the CL or final 4 or something.

Honestly, Guys like Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Firmino should all be fighting desperately for spots.

It wont get fixed all at once....but get some real defenders, and bring in 3-4 high-level players, with at least one being someone with some 'star power'. I don't care about the name....but the talent behind it. David Silva is a great example. Hazard. Sanchez. All guys who bring some star-power...and IMPACT. Surely a CL team can sign a guy or two like that right?

Fix the back & this team will challenge for the title next year.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#711 » by danfantastk32 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Fix the back & this team will challenge for the title next year.

I totally agree that's priority #1.

But we were flat during that barrage of games in early Jan. I think we went 11 matches without a win? Something like that. That killed us. We needed some better quality and depth during that run of games. You throw the CL in there as well, and it only gets harder. Klopp needs to be able to sit Coutinho or Mane or whoever now and then without it all going to hell.

If this team really wants to beat Chelsea (17 points ahead of us) then they need to have a couple more guys. I'd say Coutinho needs another guy who's at his level.....and we prob need 2 additional "Milners". (talking overall talent/impact on team...not position)

Otherwise I think we will lose gas....and have that period where we lose it all again.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#712 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 4, 2017 5:51 pm

Roma Winger Salah is official. 35M pounds.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,592

Post#713 » by Baphomet » Sun Jun 4, 2017 11:00 pm

He was awful last time he was in the PL, but has improved quite a lot as a player since then. Interesting signing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#714 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jun 5, 2017 5:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looks good in Red! 8-)

Can we just make it official & name Southampton our official feeder club? :lol:
HIF
RealGM

Post#715 » by HIF » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Roma Winger Salah is official. 35M pounds.

Wouldn't have cost much more to get Mahrez.

HIF
RealGM

Post#716 » by HIF » Tue Jun 6, 2017 1:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looks good in Red! 8-)

Your feeder club is bringing you up on cheating charges. How would a transfer ban suit you?

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#717 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jun 6, 2017 4:25 pm

HIF wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Looks good in Red! 8-)

Your feeder club is bringing you up on cheating charges. How would a transfer ban suit you?

They're playing hard to get. How cute lol.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#718 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 7, 2017 7:36 pm

Well...that was short-lived lol

"Liverpool Football Club would like to put on record our regret over recent media speculation regarding Southampton Football Club and player transfers between the two clubs," the statement on Liverpool's official website read.

"We apologise to the owner, board of directors and fans of Southampton for any misunderstanding regarding Virgil van Dijk.

"We respect Southampton's position and can confirm we have ended any interest in the player."

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3140134/liverpool-abandon-virgil-van-dijk-interest-apologise-to-southampton
Mitas
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#719 » by Mitas » Thu Jun 8, 2017 2:32 pm

It's a shame because he's a quality player. You'd think that being banned from signing academy players from English clubs for a previous player tapping incident would have put them off doing it a second time. Hopefully this time around it wasn't serious enough to warrant a full transfer ban.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#720 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 am

Like our new signing. I think Salah gives us depth up front. We're not going to go injury free....and we will have Europe this year. Guys like Mane and Coutinho can't play every game. Let's see how he looks. If he keeps his Roma form in the EPL, this was a great get.

Now....get some F**ing defenders!

Return to The General Soccer Board