Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#1 » by LakerLegend » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:25 am

I don't have the direct link, but they said it on The Jump a month or two ago if anyone knows the video on youtube.

They said he's basically going to be the next generational star, "He's going to be better than all of those guys."

Do you figure that's his trajectory?
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#2 » by Hindenburg » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:30 am

Not sure about Davis and Towns but the other two - sure
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,319

Re: Zach Lowe and T-Mac: Greek Freak will be better than Anthony Davis, Towns, Wiggins, Embiid 

Post#3 » by Infinite Llamas » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:32 am

Not exactly a controversial statement in my opinion...you could make a case for any of these guys (not sure if Wiggins is on the same level though). They have holes in their games and it's hard to truly say one is head and shoulders above the other.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,815

Post#4 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:36 am

Sure that is a realistic take, but can you attract players to Milwaukee or will he end up walking at some point?
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:40 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:I don't have the direct link, but they said it on The Jump a month or two ago if anyone knows the video on youtube.

They said he's basically going to be the next generational star, "He's going to be better than all of those guys."

He's already better than all of them except Davis, and those 2 are really close. So I'm not sure how much more trajectory he needs.

When Bron finally starts to fade off his perch as the top player in the world, I fully expect Giannis to to the player sitting there ready to take the mantle.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Hater

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:44 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:Sure that is a realistic take, but can you attract players to Milwaukee or will he end up walking at some point?

They've already got Parker, Middleton, Maker and Brogden on board. All under 25. I'm not sure how many more players they need to become the 2nd best team in the east. They could Be just thst in 2017-18.

Regardless, winning teams attract players who want rings, I don't think polayers are joining Cleveland for the weather and culture.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#7 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:09 am

The_Hater wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:Sure that is a realistic take, but can you attract players to Milwaukee or will he end up walking at some point?

They've already got Parker, Middleton, Maker and Brogden on board. All under 25. I'm not sure how many more players they need to become the 2nd best team in the east. They could Be just thst in 2017-18.

Regardless, winning teams attract players who want rings, I don't think polayers are joining Cleveland for the weather and culture.

They've been one of the best drafting teams in recent years. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Hammond gone.

All I know, is that between Milwaukee, Boston and Philly; there is some serious potential in the East now.
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,802

Post#8 » by Prez » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:15 am

Who the hell knows. He's about as good as anyone in that group with about as much upside as anyone in that group. We have no idea how these guys will pan out.

For all we know in 2020 Nikola Jokic could be the best player in the league, better than all these other guys.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#9 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:20 am

He's already better than Wiggins, Embiid and Towns imo. I'd take him on my team well before those 3 guys and I could probably even talk myself into taking him over Davis too.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#10 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:Not exactly a controversial statement in my opinion...you could make a case for any of these guys (not sure if Wiggins is on the same level though). They have holes in their games and it's hard to truly say one is head and shoulders above the other.

Yeah, Wiggins is a real odd man out in this whole thing.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
The_Hater

Post#11 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:24 am

Prez wrote:Who the hell knows. He's about as good as anyone in that group with about as much upside as anyone in that group. We have no idea how these guys will pan out.

We kinda have an idea how players will pan out. 22 year old Magic, Lebron, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Durant and Jordan all looked like they would become elite players and all time greats. And they were. There are exceptions but Giannis is a special player.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,802

Post#12 » by Prez » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 am

The_Hater wrote:
Prez wrote:Who the hell knows. He's about as good as anyone in that group with about as much upside as anyone in that group. We have no idea how these guys will pan out.

We kinda have an idea how players will pan out. 22 year old Magic, Lebron, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem and Jordan all looked like they would become elite players and all time greats. And they were. There are exceptions but Giannis is a special player.

Agreed. I meant that more in a comparative sense though, all these players are all-time special imo except arguably Wiggins (at least not on the same level).
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#13 » by vxmike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:28 am

The_Hater wrote:
Lakerfan17 wrote:I don't have the direct link, but they said it on The Jump a month or two ago if anyone knows the video on youtube.

He's already better than all of them except Davis, and those 2 are really close. So I'm not sure how much more trajectory he needs.

When Bron finally starts to fade off his perch as the top player in the world, I fully expect Giannis to to the player sitting there ready to take the mantle.

I feel most people would take Giannis over AD. Davis has proven he can't consistently stay healthy, and Giannis is just as good IMO.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#14 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 am

I think a fully healthy Embiid has the most potential. He just has such a impact on the game it's ridiculous.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#15 » by Jkam31 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:32 am

Embiid is healthy he'll be the best player in the league and it won't be close

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,135

Post#16 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 am

DusterBuster wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:Not exactly a controversial statement in my opinion...you could make a case for any of these guys (not sure if Wiggins is on the same level though). They have holes in their games and it's hard to truly say one is head and shoulders above the other.

Yeah, Wiggins is a real odd man out in this whole thing.

Your trolling us :lol:. I'm very intrigued by what Thibs can do w Wiggs.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#17 » by og15 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:38 am

Jkam31 wrote:Embiid is healthy he'll be the best player in the league and it won't be close

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

What does "it won't be close" really mean here? How good is this projection that no one else could possibly have impact that is close to that even if it isn't as good?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,298

Post#18 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 am

If this is just going to be the constant narrative around small market teams from now on, the NBA should just become an 8 team league.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,925

Post#19 » by Domejandro » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 am

????? I thought that was an already border-line consensus opinion, no?
AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#20 » by AussieRules » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:40 am

I take him ahead of all those guys besides a healthy Embiid. Giannis is already better than Towns and he's about to widen the gap even further

Return to The General Board